Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shower in Logan airport (BOS) or nearby

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Shower in Logan airport (BOS) or nearby

We will be arriving on a red eye flight to Boston (Alaska Airlines) and spend 12 hours in Boston before leaving again on red-eye flight to Paris (Air France) for vacation.
With 2 red-eye flights coming, we need to take a shower in Boston airport or nearby. Is there such place at the airport?

Or we need to pay for lounge use with Alaska Airlines or Air France?
Please advise. Huge thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Oppss just realized that we will be flying AA on both routes.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by magda101
Oppss just realized that we will be flying AA on both routes.
Do you have any status with any airlines, AA have showers in the Admirals Club. The Hilton or the Hyatt (a bit further away but still within the airport boundaries) might be your best bet with a day room, unless you plan to sightsee. I've stayed at the Hilton (which you can walk to via walkways from the terminals) and it wasn't bad but I've yet to stay at the Hyatt.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Aug 18, 2010 at 11:17 am
Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
You can buy a daypass to the AAdmirals Club for $50, which will be right by your flight comes in from.
https://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=...obileUAFlag=AA

Otherwise, you can explore some of the nearby hotels and see if any of them offer a day rate. A pass to a local gym might also work.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
The budget plan:

1. Go to any airport hotel. As previously posted, the Hilton is closest.

2. Take the elevator to any guest floor.

3. Look for the housekeeping cart. Go into a room that the housekeeper has just started cleaning.

4. Say "I'm sorry, our flight was delayed and there are a few more things we'd like to do here before we leave. Can you work on another room for a while? We'll be out in an hour or so."

4a. If it doesn't work, try a different floor.

5. Unless you were unfortunate enough to pick a room previously occupied by a large group or an exceptionally messy person, there will be unused towels. If there are no unused towels, or the room is unacceptable for any other reason, go to step (4a) above. Repeating the process on the same floor, especially with the same housekeeper, is not recommended.

6. Shower.

7. Leave.

(Truth in advertising: I have not tried this. If you do, please post what happens.)
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by Efrem
The budget plan:

1. Go to any airport hotel. As previously posted, the Hilton is closest.

2. Take the elevator to any guest floor.

3. Look for the housekeeping cart. Go into a room that the housekeeper has just started cleaning.

4. Say "I'm sorry, our flight was delayed and there are a few more things we'd like to do here before we leave. Can you work on another room for a while? We'll be out in an hour or so."

4a. If it doesn't work, try a different floor.

5. Unless you were unfortunate enough to pick a room previously occupied by a large group or an exceptionally messy person, there will be unused towels. If there are no unused towels, or the room is unacceptable for any other reason, go to step (4a) above. Repeating the process on the same floor, especially with the same housekeeper, is not recommended.

6. Shower.

7. Leave.

(Truth in advertising: I have not tried this. If you do, please post what happens.)
Hilarious!
Wonder if anyone has ever tried this option.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Bringing up an old thread, but similar question.

I am flying in on JetBlue from Nantucket and landing at BOS at 3pm before a 9pm flight to LHR with BA. I hope to go in to Boston in the between time to walk around and have dinner and then I'd like to have a shower before my red eye.

I note only the AA lounge has showers, but this is in the B terminal. Is there a way to access the AA lounge from Terminal E (is it possible to move between terminals airside?)
Or could I enter B terminal airside, exit and then go to E terminal airside?

Thanks for any suggestions
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by CX828
Bringing up an old thread, but similar question.

I am flying in on JetBlue from Nantucket and landing at BOS at 3pm before a 9pm flight to LHR with BA. I hope to go in to Boston in the between time to walk around and have dinner and then I'd like to have a shower before my red eye.

I note only the AA lounge has showers, but this is in the B terminal. Is there a way to access the AA lounge from Terminal E (is it possible to move between terminals airside?)
Or could I enter B terminal airside, exit and then go to E terminal airside?

Thanks for any suggestions
The terminals are not connected airside (yet). Others have reported being allowed past security if they have access to the lounge, although I have not tried it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.