Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Concord Bus to Portland: from BOS or South Station?

Concord Bus to Portland: from BOS or South Station?

Old Jul 28, 2010, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Thanks Blumie.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 5:41 pm

When you get to Government Center, you'll exit the blue line and go upstairs. Don't take the trolley from the platform immediately to your right...wrong direction. Instead walk straight ahead past the mini dunkin's to the platform behind the main staircase/esacaltor. Walk downhill towards a disused "Pass Sales" area as this is where your trolley will be. As other posts have mentioned, take a trolley marked Lechmere or North Station.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Back to report that when I arrived at the Airport station 10 days ago, the Blue Line was closed! Yup, it was closed!

So I hopped on a bus to Maverick and caught the Blue Line there to Gov't Center, changed to the Green line easily and went to North Station. Very happy that there was just enough time to do this.

Odd, there were of course LOTS of people waiting for the Maverick bus but when it arrived, people just crammed as they could to get into the front door. I was standing next to someone who said that we should get on the bus using the back door since the bus is free anyway. That's how I caught that bus because if I hadn't have done that, I might have missed the train. Only a few of us did that. At Maverick, the MBTA officials said there would be no charge to take the train given the shutdown of the Blue Line past Maverick. Ok, that worked.

Amtrak was quite pleasant.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott/Hyatt/IHG DL/B6/WN/AA
It's worth noting that there are a handful of express trips that go directly from BOS to Portland without the stop at South Station. In that case, you end up paying for your ticket when you arrive in Portland.

I typically use the Trailways bus if I need to go to BOS and take the train if I'm going anywhere else in Boston. Of course, starting in Portland means I can purchase a bus ticket in advance and avoid losing my seat at South Station.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ibor132
It's worth noting that there are a handful of express trips that go directly from BOS to Portland without the stop at South Station. In that case, you end up paying for your ticket when you arrive in Portland.
I've done those trips but they didn't have them during the time frame of my arrival at BOS.

I typically use the Trailways bus if I need to go to BOS and take the train if I'm going anywhere else in Boston. Of course, starting in Portland means I can purchase a bus ticket in advance and avoid losing my seat at South Station.
Where is the Trailways bus terminal? Is that located off Congress at the bottom of the hill? I've seen the Vermont bus there.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Diamond, peasant elsewhere
Originally Posted by Analise
I've done those trips but they didn't have them during the time frame of my arrival at BOS.

Where is the Trailways bus terminal? Is that located off Congress at the bottom of the hill? I've seen the Vermont bus there.
The Trailways bus comes in at the Portland Transportation Center, the same place as the Downeaster. IIRC it is just off Congress, theres an exit from 295 right there.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ssb2045
The Trailways bus comes in at the Portland Transportation Center, the same place as the Downeaster. IIRC it is just off Congress, theres an exit from 295 right there.
The Concord Bus...yes, we're talking about the same bus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.