Wiki Posts
Search

sox tickets

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 9:09 am
cgl
Original Poster

sox tickets

am visiting early AUg and would like to see the Sox on AUg 5 vs Toronto- do they sell out typically or are there always seats available outside the venue on the day of game? would like to not have to commit till the day of game if possible- i'm guessing Craigslist will always be an option?
Old May 3, 2010, 9:20 am

???

I don't know to which sox team you are referring but neither Boston nor Chicago play Toronto on the 5th of August.

If you mean the Boston Red Sox, tickets there are usually tight and as long as they are playing well there will be a premium on the price. Fortunately for you, they are not so now might be a good time to buy.

I can't speak for the Chicago team.

Good luck in your quest.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:23 am

Could you mean the 20th-22nd by chance? They play Toronto during those days (Boston). Chicago doesn't appear to be playing Toronto at all in August.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:30 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
No matter which team you mean if you want to see them I would say to get the tickets in advance. It's totally possible sometime between now and then they could become a hot item if either team is in a place that the series could actually matter for playoff's or something like that (or even knocking somebody else out)

That may or may not happen, and there may be plenty of seats available, but it's not worth risking it if you really want to go.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by cgl
am visiting early AUg and would like to see the Sox on AUg 5 vs Toronto- do they sell out typically or are there always seats available outside the venue on the day of game?
Fenway always sells out, and, yes, you can typically buy a ticket on the street before a game. More than two together will be a challenge, though. On August 5 the Sox wrap up a home stand against Cleveland, then leave on a ten-day roadtrip, so check your dates carefully.
Old May 4, 2010, 9:26 pm
cgl
Original Poster

thanks, everyone, I definitely meant Fenway and the Cleveland game on 8/5- not sure how the Bluejays came into it- I'll need 3 seats so I suppose that may be a tall order outside the park pregame- I'll order ahead-any help on moderately priced sections of the stadium to look for seats at??
Old May 4, 2010, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
As others have said, you can usually find tix outside on Brookline Ave but three together will ay a premium if the Sox are in contention. I have been twice this year and found that while Fenway is sold out, there are empty seats inside. There is an official resell booth out by Gate E (iirc) near the bleachers and the bleachers are likely the most economical option. There are standing room only tickets available too and designated SRO sections but you can try to be a seat poacher. Just be ready with new seats already scoped out if the owners of your seats show. Don't play dumb when the owners come, just get up, leave quietly and go to the new seats you have your eyes on. Three seasts together will not be easy. And if you want to make sure you have tickets, there is always Ace Tickets or Stubhub. You will pay a premium there too.
Old May 5, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Agree with the above. Individual Red Sox tickets go on sale in either January or February and every single home game sells out or is down to single seats only in 24 hours or less. SRO is an option or there are plenty of sellers on the street around the park, but for three seats, your best bet is the advice above, and it'll be above face value.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Dirt, Wyndham Rewards
Fenway sells out. I used a ticket broker for my seat. There may be people selling tickets outside of the park. There may be a few tickets for sale at the walk-up window.

I wouldn't fool around with anything other than tickets in hand before heading to BOS.

Words to the wise: DO NOT bring your car. Just forget that idea. I squeezed a game in because was in the neighborhood--if PVD is in the neighborhood. I didn't have lots of time to figure it out so I parked about 1/2 mile away in a hospital's parking garage. It was expensive, but beat all the other options. Had I more time, I would've parked at a Park n' Ride T stop and taken the T in.
Old May 6, 2010, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by OB one
...There is an official resell booth out by Gate E (iirc) near the bleachers and the bleachers are likely the most economical option. There are standing room only tickets available too and designated SRO sections but you can try to be a seat poacher...
The "scalp free" area is outside Gate B at Ipswich St. & Van Ness St.

This is the area where you can find people selling their unused tickets (usually a mix of SRO through Box seats) at face value. This option has better results when the Sox aren't doing so well or if there's a less popular team in town. Monday night's game (5/3) had a large number of people who were unsuccessful in selling their tickets thanks to the O's sweep & the Bruins game. Night games in August might be more popular due to summer vacation & the hunt for the playoffs.

If you can't find decent tickets in advance and you don't mind the gamble, scalp free the night of the game can work if you are flexible (e.g., buy a pair of cheap tickets & a single ticket if a block of 3 aren't available). Just look for the Red Sox employee outside gate B who is running the "scalp free" area.
Old May 7, 2010, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by thenewbie
The "scalp free" area is outside Gate B at Ipswich St. & Van Ness St.

This is the area where you can find people selling their unused tickets (usually a mix of SRO through Box seats) at face value. This option has better results when the Sox aren't doing so well or if there's a less popular team in town. . . . If you can't find decent tickets in advance and you don't mind the gamble, scalp free the night of the game can work if you are flexible (e.g., buy a pair of cheap tickets & a single ticket if a block of 3 aren't available). Just look for the Red Sox employee outside gate B who is running the "scalp free" area.
Thank you. You are correct, the scalp free zone is outside Gate B while newly available Game Day sale tickets are at Gate E (limit one per person). I can get to both but couldn't remember which gate was which, hence my iirc reference. For the OP, the scalp free zone is an interesting option. People with extra tickets can sell them to someone outside the gate at face value or lower but the person buying the ticket must enter the park immediately. A Red Sox employee oversees the transaction. Line up to get a chance to buy. Once again, getting three together may be challenging and getting any at all may be tough depending on the Sox play. That said, there is some talk the the streak of 550 plus straight Fenway sellouts may end this season. I wouldn't count on it.
Old May 9, 2010, 7:57 pm
cgl
Original Poster

thanks again for all the great advice- the scalp free zone sounds intriguing, but since it is my only shot at seeing Fenway and I need an odd number I think I'll hit the main Red Sox site for some $52 tickets a few sections above home plate, there were some available the other day. looking forward to it-
Old May 10, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 2P
buy in advance, watch out for obstructed-view issues

I second the advice to buy your tickets in advance. I would add another issue to consider: Lots of Fenway grandstand seats have partially obstructed views, even if they're not labeled "obstructed view seats" when you buy them. The ticket resellers are really bad about this, but even the Red Sox sell seats with undisclosed limitations. The view is partially obstructed even behind home plate if you're in the wrong place in the grandstand. You might want to bookmark preciseseating.com if you're buying your tickets in advance - you can look up any seat in the ballpark and it will spit out a projection of the visibility issues along with a simulated view from that seat. This can save you from buying seats that seem ideal but won't be.
Old May 20, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
During the Red Sox TV broadcasts, they mention Ace Tickets http://www.aceticket.com/.

I have used Stubhub. You will pay well over face value, but at least you get tickets.

Also check the Sox site about tours. See the park, just not a game http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/tour.jsp
Old May 24, 2010, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Agree with the above. Individual Red Sox tickets go on sale in either January or February and every single home game sells out or is down to single seats only in 24 hours or less. SRO is an option or there are plenty of sellers on the street around the park, but for three seats, your best bet is the advice above, and it'll be above face value.
Yes, you are absolutely correct. It was always sellout the games is more than 400 consecutive days appearance. It will be very extremely difficulties time to get the ticket to see Red Sox games. So unfortunately, there is nothing available for right now. I can't help you to get the ticket for next games. Sorry. You can stay home to watch the TV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.