Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at BUF

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Cars at BUF

Hi guys.

I have a reservation for this Saturday morning. Just wondering if anyone had rented from BUF lately and had any idea what to expect?

I have a premium reserved and have executive status with National.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
I'm sorry I can't help you out, but please report back once you get there Saturday. Also if you could post if you saw any vehicles with Canadian plates that would be great. I might have a BUF-YYZ rental coming up and as a Canadian, I can't take a US vehicle over the border. Cheers!
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:56 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

BUF is a counter location only - no Emerald Aisle. I used to rent regularly from BUF (fullsize is usually Impala / LaCrosse) but haven't done so in the last 2 years or so. Last rental was a Premium about a year ago and was a Buick Lucerne. Sorry not real current but I don't think this is a really popular location for Flyertalkers.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
I'm sorry I can't help you out, but please report back once you get there Saturday. Also if you could post if you saw any vehicles with Canadian plates that would be great. I might have a BUF-YYZ rental coming up and as a Canadian, I can't take a US vehicle over the border. Cheers!
will do
Originally Posted by peteropny
BUF is a counter location only - no Emerald Aisle. I used to rent regularly from BUF (fullsize is usually Impala / LaCrosse) but haven't done so in the last 2 years or so. Last rental was a Premium about a year ago and was a Buick Lucerne. Sorry not real current but I don't think this is a really popular location for Flyertalkers.
thanks.

i am going to give them a call in the morning.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 8:41 am
Original Poster

called them this morning. they said my options for a premium vehicle will be the following:

- chrysler 300
- buick lucerne
- toyota avalon
- nissan maxima

i am happy with those, so i will probably stick with national.

will post back when i return.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
It has been about six months, but the last time I was at BUF I ended up with a Subaru Forester as a midsize.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
The folks at the counter at BUF have been pretty nice, in my experience. Actually seem to upgrade Exec members, which is rare at counter locations. Although they did once give me the wrong car -- I was driving a Monte Carlo, returned it, and got a call from them two days later asking when I was planning on returning my Jeep Liberty They were very apologetic and resolved the issue without question, though.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
I got an upgrade too, back in May. Booked a Full Size for midsize rate as Exec, asked nicely at the counter and was offered a choice between a Maxima and an Edge. Took the Edge and enjoyed it more than expected.
Old May 23, 2010, 7:15 am

Programs: UA - 1K,AA - Plat,Hilton - Diamond,Hyatt - Platinum,National - Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dgr81
called them this morning. they said my options for a premium vehicle will be the following:

- chrysler 300
- buick lucerne
- toyota avalon
- nissan maxima

i am happy with those, so i will probably stick with national.

will post back when i return.

Any BUF updates? dgr81?
Old May 24, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: Former UA GS, demoted to lowly 1K MM
Rented at BUF a couple times over the past year - standard Emerald Club, Midsize reservations:

Visit 1 - Assigned a 4 cyl Hyundai Sonata, elected to "downgrade" to a V6 Tiburon instead.

Visit 2 - Offered a choice of a Jeep Compass, Dodge Dakota Pickup, or a Dodge Journey as a complimentary "Emerald Club Upgrade." Guessing they were just out of cars at that point, and offering up whatever they had left.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 7:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Rented here for 2 days recently. Used free 2 free days and of course selected Premium (luxury wasn't available). Upon arriving at the counter I saw a CTS, STS, C70, CC, couple Genesis's and lots of SUV's. The guy in the booth asked me "so what do you feel like today". I said, how about that Cadillac, he obliged and we were on our way in a CTS with 2800 miles on it. It was my first time driving this model year CTS (2012) and it was great. It has one of the greatest sounds of a 4 door sedan. It sounds faster than it is but it's plenty fast 0-60. Overall a great experience in BUF and can't wait to rent again on a paid reservation.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:26 pm

MPV at BUF

Hi,

Gonna pick-up an MPV next week at BUF (first time National rent... in fact first time rent at all )
And yes, I became an Emerald Club member.

The reservation says VVAR. Can't figure out what de first V stands for.
V = ?
V = van
A = automatic
R = air

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

awfa
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by awfa
The reservation says VVAR. Can't figure out what de first V stands for.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, awfa! You might be interested in this recent thread which lists many of National's 4-letter vehicle codes (although I don't see VVAR in that thread, so I guess you've turned up a new one).

My semi-educated guess is that one of the V's in VVAR doesn't really stand for anything; it's just that they needed a 4th letter in the code, so they repeated the V (using an X might seem more obvious, but X already seems to have a specific meaning when it's used in the codes).
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:42 am

Thanks,

I'll ask about it at pick-up and will post the answer here in a few weeks.

awfa
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: British Airways non-rev, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I rented in Buffalo today. No official Emerald Aisle, but club members do go straight to the lot and essentially get their pick. The agent was willing to give me a Mustang except that the keys for it were at the main desk. I ended up with a La Crosse, not bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.