Cars at OGG

Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: ECExec, SPGTitanium,, UAPlat
Cars at OGG

Anyone have info or advise on Emerald Isle at OGG? I am executive level.
TIA
Old Oct 14, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
After you get your luggage, walk out the front and you'll see a low rise building to your right. That's the rental car building, however National is offsite so don't bother looking for their booth. The queue for the shuttles is actually behind this building. Take a right between the two buildings and you'll see a canopied area where you can wait for the National shuttle.

After a short drive, the driver will ask if there's any Emerald Aisle folks. He'll direct you to a booth outside which will handle your paperwork.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, great info~
Old Oct 23, 2007, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, Mariott Platinum
Just a word of caution on your return, give yourself a few extra minutes. I only have one data point as I have only been there once, but on the day of departure, it took a little longer than I have become used to on the mainland.

I was not late by any means for my flight, but beware if you are running behind schedule. Other than that, great service for this Emerald Executive.

BTW, enjoy Maui.

Make sure you take that rental up to the top of Haleakala! ^
Old Oct 24, 2007, 3:37 pm

Crummy cars and rude employees. Living in paradise but pissed off at the world. There has been a few threads on this location in the past.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:51 am

Programs: Former PM now a kettle :(
A lot must have changed since the last post. We arrived on 1/20/11 about 9:30pm. Went to the Emerald Aisle and had a great selection of cars (went with the charger). The gal there greeted us in the parking lot and had everything ready. She was very friendly and helpful. Big thumbs up from us on this trip.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Emerald certainly have aloha spirit

I am neglectful in not updating this thread since my post in 2007. We visit the island of Maui (OGG) a couple times a year, always use National Car Rental. Mike and Brandon are the managers, really nice guys. Like most in managerial positions, sometimes in task mode, but always friendly. The staff are extremely friendly and efficient.

We have driven off lot with everything from Sebring convertible (most available), Dodge Charger, Mustang Convertible to a van, depending on the number in our party. They even accommodated our son with a White Jeep for his Destination wedding. They usually have a good selection to choose from on Emerald Aisle and Executive Aisle.

Our routine now consists of one of us getting the luggage (thanks honey) and one jumping on the shuttle to get the car. This maximizes our time and minimizes our lugging luggage around. Just a suggestion!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Emerald Executive, Priority Club
Executive Selections were pretty lame last week... Off the top of my head there were:

Dodge Journey
Dodge Nitro
2 Subaru Foresters (brand new right off the truck)
Chevrolet Colorado
Chevrolet Monty Carlo LT

Definitely a great staff at OGG. I reluctantly took the Journey. The lot attendant was apologetic and said to give her a call the next day. I did, and she did an exchange for a Mustang convertible.

The day I returned the car, there was a Ford Edge Limited in the return line. Sweet ride... that thing looked like it had every available option. HUGE nav screen.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: National Exec, HA Pualani Gold
Picked up at OGG today - first time from the new location.

ES had (from what I remember) a 2010 Journey (would've taken it if it was a 2011 with the new screen); Nitro, Mazda CX-7 (first time seeing one of these in the fleet), 2010 300 Touring, and a Santa Fe.

EA had a Charger and some other typical EA vehicles (Fusion/Malibu/Impala).

I had a premium reservation and was offered any of the SUVs, a CTS, an MKS, or the 300 from ES. The MKS was slightly newer (13K miles, just under 1 year old) and I wanted to hear the THX audio after reading the review here.

Noticed there was a 2011 Jeep GC Laredo in the SUV section as I was driving out; debated going back, but figured I'd enjoy the air-conditioned seats in the MKS more.

Also...no Grand Marquis. However, saw a relatively new Crown Victoria -- first time I've seen one at National in recent memory.

Last edited by qs933; Feb 19, 2011 at 8:47 pm
Old Feb 20, 2011, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by qs933
Picked up at OGG today - first time from the new location.

ES had (from what I remember) a 2010 Journey (would've taken it if it was a 2011 with the new screen); Nitro, Mazda CX-7 (first time seeing one of these in the fleet), 2010 300 Touring, and a Santa Fe.

EA had a Charger and some other typical EA vehicles (Fusion/Malibu/Impala).

I had a premium reservation and was offered any of the SUVs, a CTS, an MKS, or the 300 from ES. The MKS was slightly newer (13K miles, just under 1 year old) and I wanted to hear the THX audio after reading the review here.

Noticed there was a 2011 Jeep GC Laredo in the SUV section as I was driving out; debated going back, but figured I'd enjoy the air-conditioned seats in the MKS more.

Also...no Grand Marquis. However, saw a relatively new Crown Victoria -- first time I've seen one at National in recent memory.
Would like to hear your thoughts on the MKS; please post in the MKS review thread!
Old Feb 20, 2011, 7:02 pm

Dropped off the MKS...lot was much emptier than Saturday. They had just one attendant on the National side checking in cars, but at least two on the adjacent Alamo side.

I'll post my MKS-specific notes in the MKS thread. Overall, I was impressed (and that's coming from someone who has never considered buying a Ford or Lincoln).

ES had a brand new Forrester, Impala, a Grand Marquis, a small Chevy crew-cab pickup, and a 300. Didn't particularly notice anything out of the ordinary on EA.

Most of the SUVs that were there on Saturday were gone.

Was going to snap a photo of the new u-shaped lot but was in too much of a hurry...maybe next trip.

On a side note, started to see the 2011 Elantra on the road; not sure which fleet they were from, but I have to admit that they looked impressive. Much better than the 2011 Corolla.

Last edited by qs933; Feb 20, 2011 at 7:11 pm
Old Feb 21, 2011, 3:58 am

The new elantras that you saw are part of the National/Alamo fleet, and labeled as a midsize car. They're basically a smaller version of the sonata imo.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:51 pm

Emerald Booth?

i made my reservation for a Fullsize SUV and it says "Emerald Booth". What does that mean and where do I go? Do I go to the Emerald Aisle and just pick out an SUV or do I have to go wait in some line some where?
Thanks
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by ogloco21
i made my reservation for a Fullsize SUV and it says "Emerald Booth". What does that mean and where do I go? Do I go to the Emerald Aisle and just pick out an SUV or do I have to go wait in some line some where?
Thanks
They may or may not have SUVs on the aisle. They do have an attendant on the lot (which is very small) who will have your name and the type of reservation you have on a clipboard if you're EA. They will then help direct you.

Matt
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:25 pm

Flew into OGG this morning; had a full size reservation.

ES was well stocked. From what I remember:

- 2011 Hyundai Genesis
- Buick Regal
- Hyundai Santa Fe
- 2011 Dodge Charger SE
- several small and mid-size SUVs including a Liberty; best one was a 2011 Ford Edge Limited

EA had Malibus and other sedans. No minivans or SUVs.

I took the Genesis with 1500 miles on it. Nice ride; will post my thoughts in the ride/review thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.