Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

National/Enterprise Same Location Rental Credits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/Enterprise Same Location Rental Credits?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Question National/Enterprise Same Location Rental Credits?

Hey all,

Looking at going out to Edmonton to see mother dearest for the Canada Day long weekend. Actually looking for an excuse to rack up some EC credits, but don't tell her.

Will be doing a one-way rental near the end of summer so naturally I'm trying to pad out my rentals as much as ("legally") possible.

I'd fly there on the Thursday Jun 28 and fly back Mon Jul 2. As I had it originally, I would have a National rental on each end to get to/from YYJ, and then do a National rental on the bookends of the 4 days, with a Hertz/Avis rental in the middle to get some needed Aeroplan miles. Well, Hertz/Avis now want $65/$80 per day for a small car that weekend.

If I were to rent from Enterprise YEG for those two days, would I get credit? Or would I be dinged for the consecutive rental rule? ERAC is on-site at YEG, and I check the Program Rules and Edmonton Int'l isn't on the list of locations that don't give credit. However, it appears YEG is a location that uses Odyssey, as my reservation number is in National format and, coincidentally, only one digit higher than the Jun 28 National res I had already made.

So wondering if anyone has experience with renting from both brands at the same location and getting credit for both. If it doesn't work, I might just go with ERAC for the full 4 days and find another rental elsewhere, as their rate is $99 ai for the full weekend. Cheers!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:38 pm

I can't speak from experience here, but from everything you've shared, it appears as though you might fall under the consecutive rental rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.