Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Executive Elite Upgrades at Enterprise Joint Locations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 7:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver

Frequently rent at Wilmington, DE (Amtrak station). Its a joint Enterprise-National station. Enterpise is often cheaper. But am I giving up a chance at a better Executive elite upgrade? This is a location with the same cars, same agents, same computers, etc. for both National and Enterprise.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
Frequently rent at Wilmington, DE (Amtrak station). Its a joint Enterprise-National station. Enterpise is often cheaper. But am I giving up a chance at a better Executive elite upgrade? This is a location with the same cars, same agents, same computers, etc. for both National and Enterprise.
As one who has had personal experience with this location (unfortunately), and has discussed the nuances between the Enterprise and National mindsets, I can tell you that they have no regard for EE status there. They were formally just an Enterprise location (and only recently moved to their current train station location), and all 3 managers I've had conversations with had said in no uncertain terms that the ownership of their location (and 3 other local Enterprise shops) have put the word down to do the VERY bare minimum with regard to Emerald Club participation. Beyond that, the vehicles themselves are comically bad (ie. base models, high mileage, etc).
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Ritz
As one who has had personal experience with this location (unfortunately), and has discussed the nuances between the Enterprise and National mindsets, I can tell you that they have no regard for EE status there. They were formally just an Enterprise location (and only recently moved to their current train station location), and all 3 managers I've had conversations with had said in no uncertain terms that the ownership of their location (and 3 other local Enterprise shops) have put the word down to do the VERY bare minimum with regard to Emerald Club participation. Beyond that, the vehicles themselves are comically bad (ie. base models, high mileage, etc).
Thank you. I've had better experience here in terms of at least car size in the past than I have with Hertz at Wilmington (the cars may be newer but my #1 Gold status gets me a mid-size when I reserve a mid-size without fail). But what I'm basically hearing is that if I want a Full-Size, pay the National mid-size rate which entitles me to a Full-Size (the bare minimum of Exec Elite participation) or pay the Enterprise full-size rate.

I will have to say the staff here is particularly nice (they did stay open for me once when the Acela was running late). And infinitely better than National at 30th Street.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.