Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Different rates for slightly different pick up times?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold

I was looking to book a Thursday night->Sunday afternoon on an upcoming weekend and randomly ran into some interesting pricing. If I chose to pick up at 8PM the rate was lower than if I chose to pick up at 7:30 or 8:30. It wasn't a huge difference (a couple dollars a day) but it seemed really strange to me.

Does anyone have an explanation?
Old Sep 28, 2009, 6:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Is your dropoff time 7:30 for both? If so, I've had a similar issue:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...lson-code.html
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Nope. 3 PM for both.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:45 am

I saw something similar on a recent weekend rental where a discount coupon was only applied on rentals of over 2 days

For my rental by extending the rental to 2 days and 1 hour a coupon became valid that was worth more than an extra hour.

Hence 2 days = x
2 days and 1 hour = x- $10
2 days and 2 hours ~ x

Something similar could be happening here where the specifics of the timing is determining whether a daily or weekend rate code is applied.

Just a guess.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
Always play with the times when making a reservation. Often, I find that noon drop off and pick up is cheaper, especially if you make it on the half hour. If it's close to noon, then book it for noon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.