FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   National | Emerald Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club-424/)
-   -   One Two Free 2009 - Earn 8/10/09-1/31/10 - Redeem 9/17/09-6/25/10 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/national-emerald-club/981510-one-two-free-2009-earn-8-10-09-1-31-10-redeem-9-17-09-6-25-10-a.html)

Exiled in Express Aug 3, 2009 10:28 am

One Two Free 2009 - Earn 8/10/09-1/31/10 - Redeem 9/17/09-6/25/10

I was checking a reservation and saw the ad on the homepage. It appears that there is no minimum rental length this year but we lose multiple rewards for multiple EC referrals. A win for my travel habits ^.

The deails:
EARN:August 10, 2009 to January 31, 2010
REDEEM: September 17, 2009 through June 25, 2010

{EDIT - Link to get your "coupon" codes for the free days - https://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/12free09redeem/ }

gbryan84 Aug 3, 2009 11:56 am

This is great ^

Canarsie Aug 3, 2009 1:54 pm

Here is the link to the ONE TWO FREE promotion.

peteropny Aug 3, 2009 2:13 pm

Here are the T&Cs

National Car Rental
ONE TWO FREE
Terms and Conditions

One Free Day will be awarded for every two qualifying rentals made after the date on which the member has registered. Credit will not be given for rentals made prior to a member’s registration date. A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald Club, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion.

Earned Free Day fulfillment will begin after September 17, 2009, (solely by email to the email address provided at the time of registration) and thereafter will occur within 1–2 weeks after the second qualifying rental. Free Days are non-transferable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. To receive a Free Rental Day, rent a Compact through Fullsize car starting after September 17, 2009, and before June 26, 2010. To take advantage of this offer, make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance. No more than three Free Days may be redeemed toward one rental of three or more days. Unfortunately, we cannot combine this offer with any other discount (except member discounts), and cannot apply the offer to a previous or existing reservation. All standard rental qualifications apply. Be aware that taxes, surcharges, recovery and recoupment fees and other charges may apply, and that optional products and services (such as damage waiver and additional drivers fees) are extra charges. Please check your auto insurance policy and/or credit card agreement for rental vehicle coverage. Regrettably, the availability of this offer is limited to participating U.S. locations and is subject to change without notice. Blackout dates may also apply. We cannot accept the coupon if it has been purchased, bartered or sold for cash.

Referrers of friends and colleagues will earn a maximum of one Free Day, regardless of how many friends and colleagues enroll. In order to receive credit, referred friends and colleagues must use the email address provided by the referring party at time of enrollment.

To be eligible for the complimentary credit toward a Free Day, you must electively opt in to receive emails from National. Offer expires January 31, 2010, and is valid for new opt-ins only.

Once you're registered - https://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/12...ourceCode=1979 - there is a link for a free day for referrals.

There is a 2 day minimum rental for qualification as always.

I'll make this a sticky and change the title.

pinniped Aug 3, 2009 2:30 pm

One Free Day will be awarded for every two qualifying rentals made after the date on which the member has registered. Credit will not be given for rentals made prior to a member’s registration date.
I've never noticed this verbiage in a National promotion before (mainly because I've never read the fine print :)), but the bolded part indicates that a lot of us might need to do a quick cancel/rebook (or least a "modify") online to get rentals to qualify.

I have a current rental - Aug 7 through 10 - but its rate has jumped sharply from when I booked it, so I'm not switching it. (Plus the fine print doesn't really specify whether the 10th is the first allowable pick-up or drop-off date.)

3Cforme Aug 3, 2009 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped (Post 12168240)
I've never noticed this verbiage in a National promotion before (mainly because I've never read the fine print :)), but the bolded part indicates that a lot of us might need to do a quick cancel/rebook (or least a "modify") online to get rentals to qualify.

I interpret this as rentals picked up 8/10 and later, not cars reserved 8/10 and later. Maybe I'm just not willing to work a promotion (?!) but I'm not going to change my travel plans for a (half) a free day credit when the earning period is more than six months.

pinniped Aug 3, 2009 3:12 pm

I wasn't referring to changing travel plans...just tweaking rentals booked prior to today, when I registered for the promotion.

"Rentals made" is a confusing term. Is that "rentals reserved" or "rentals completed"? In the airline world, we see promotions all the time with specific ticketing date rules. In the hotel world, the rules are generally about the stay dates with no mention of reservation dates.

I'm hoping that it's "rentals completed" for this one. But if I had a bunch of business rentals already booked for September, I'd probably cancel and immediately rebook them as long as my rate did not change.

Tuneman1984 Aug 3, 2009 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 12168151)
Regrettably, the availability of this offer is limited to participating U.S. locations and is subject to change without notice.

I've also noticed that there is no link on nationalcar.ca - is this not valid in Canada??

travelismylife Aug 3, 2009 7:45 pm

I believe when you make the res. is irrelevant, you just need to have the car for two days after 8/10, "for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion". So I believe an 8/7-8/10 rental wouldn't qualify but an 8/7-8/12 would. But maybe we should confirm this with rentalguy.

Vulcan Aug 3, 2009 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by travelismylife (Post 12169949)
I believe when you make the res. is irrelevant, you just need to have the car for two days after 8/10, "for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion". So I believe an 8/7-8/10 rental wouldn't qualify but an 8/7-8/12 would. But maybe we should confirm this with rentalguy.

An important detail. I have an 8/5-8/12 rental coming up shortly.

rustyr Aug 3, 2009 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984 (Post 12169930)
I've also noticed that there is no link on nationalcar.ca - is this not valid in Canada??

It's right there in T&C: valid in 50 states/DC. I hope these certs are good for one-ways like last yrs'^

MichaelColey Aug 4, 2009 1:39 am

From experience with similar promotions in the past, I would expect that rentals that overlap the promotion period will not count (even if they have two or more days during the promotion period), and that getting credit for them will take quite a bit of effort. I happened to have rentals that overlapped both the start and end of the prior 1-2-Free promotion, and got credit for neither.

Tuneman1984 Aug 4, 2009 3:33 am

Rent Rent Reward is back

On a whim I decided to sign-up for the promo, and when I put in my EC number I got the following message:

You have been redirected to our Canadian promotion, RENT RENT REWARD.
Furthermore, the relevant portion of the T&Cs now read as follows:

A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald Club, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating locations in Canada and the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion.
^

newfbc Aug 4, 2009 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984 (Post 12171578)
On a whim I decided to sign-up for the promo, and when I put in my EC number I got the following message:

Furthermore, the relevant portion of the T&Cs now read as follows:

^

I received an email inviting me to register. On Sunday.

Title: "RENT RENT REWARD is back and better than ever."

Ron.

rentalguy Aug 4, 2009 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by travelismylife (Post 12169949)

The rental needs to commence after August 10th. It doesnt matter when the reservation was made as long as the rental starts after Aug 10th. In your scenario above, neither would qualify.