Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

One Two Free 2009 - Earn 8/10/09-1/31/10 - Redeem 9/17/09-6/25/10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Two Free 2009 - Earn 8/10/09-1/31/10 - Redeem 9/17/09-6/25/10

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I earned 11.. mostly from cheap ($50 all in) 3-day weekend rentals.

Don't forget to use your days. Last year National placed a massive black-out on using these close to the end of the promotion. You couldn't use any at popular locations. I was stuck with 4 I couldn't use. Don't lose em!

Ron.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:28 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Plat, IHG-Plat
Tried to use a day in LAS from 2/12 to 2/13 but no availability. There is availability for other dates I can't use such as 2/5 to 2/6.

Wonder if Valentine's Day weekend is another blackout date or if this is a location specific blackout based on capacity control or it being an anticipated busy weekend?

Kind of disappointing, looks like it will be harder to use these days than I thought.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Originally Posted by trog
Tried to use a day in LAS from 2/12 to 2/13 but no availability. There is availability for other dates I can't use such as 2/5 to 2/6.

Wonder if Valentine's Day weekend is another blackout date or if this is a location specific blackout based on capacity control or it being an anticipated busy weekend?

Kind of disappointing, looks like it will be harder to use these days than I thought.
Looks to be location specific, I just booked MCO 2/13-2/16 and was able to use 2 1-2-free days.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by sigma1104
Looks to be location specific, I just booked MCO 2/13-2/16 and was able to use 2 1-2-free days.

Blackouts can be location specific. Vancouver BC is blacked out from using any coupons (including 1-2-free days) for all of February) because of the Olympics.

Ron.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:43 pm

Just wanted to verify on usage, the code awards are entered into the coupon field when making the res - but no paper coupon is necessary upon rental? I got the email yesterday with total earned days (18, btw), and the email just clicks to the link with the e-codes to enter, but it doesn't appear you can print anything individually...I called Emerald CS and they said no paper necessary since its entered when the online res is made...is that right?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:35 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by trog

Probably not much consolation - but I think you just hit a couple of "bad" days/location - I have always been able to use mine - even at MIA for Pro Bowl and FLL for Super Bowl.

Originally Posted by Ritz
Just wanted to verify on usage, the code awards are entered into the coupon field when making the res - but no paper coupon is necessary upon rental? I got the email yesterday with total earned days (18, btw), and the email just clicks to the link with the e-codes to enter, but it doesn't appear you can print anything individually...I called Emerald CS and they said no paper necessary since its entered when the online res is made...is that right?
This is correct. I usually print the page where they are all listed - but that is to help me keep track of which day(s) I applied to which trip! When you apply them to your res, they will show up (individually) on the confirmation - so you can print that. Just remember - there is a limit to the number of freebies you can use per rental, and they do expire.

Congrats on 18 days!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:20 am

Thanks for the info Sophiegirl!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz
Just FYI,

You can only use 3 days on one reservation as there are only 3 coupon codes spaces available to redeem. You can make multiple reservation, but would need to go back to the location to re-rent (even the same car) each time.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I earned 3 free days on this promotion. When I went to redeem the free days along with my ENTERTAINMENT coupon, I got a message saying the coupons could not be combined. What a total waste!
The 2 for 1 promo free day should not have anything to do with other coupons.
NEVER AGAIN!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:18 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Newman
I earned 3 free days on this promotion. When I went to redeem the free days along with my ENTERTAINMENT coupon, I got a message saying the coupons could not be combined. What a total waste!
The 2 for 1 promo free day should not have anything to do with other coupons.
NEVER AGAIN!
Coupons are never stackable - the only exception is that you can stack these 1-2-Free coupons.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:28 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Are we sure the earning period for this promo ended on 1/31/10? I just received another free night! It looks like my rental at SFO on 2/5-2/8 was good for credit on this promo. I hadn't rented since the middle of December before that.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by peteropny
Coupons are never stackable
Not for the last three and a half years anyway. I remember b/f that when you could select 1-7 of the number of coupons you had. And we had that $50 coupon. So we were getting $350 off any rental (of course if it was less than that amount you forfeited the rest- just like now). Oh the good old days.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Are we sure the earning period for this promo ended on 1/31/10? I just received another free night! It looks like my rental at SFO on 2/5-2/8 was good for credit on this promo. I hadn't rented since the middle of December before that.
Haven't gotten credited for any rentals since 2/1. Last year I got another free day posted to my acct. a month after the promo ended. I think they ran another audit and saw that I was deserving one more free day. Sometimes the system doesn't process them- especially rentals that had a coupon. My brother is still fighting for one of his free days b/c of that.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I received another free day also - for a rental at SFO for the same dates - wonder if they extended the promo or the computer wasn't programmed right.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott, HHonors, Northwest, Southwest
When is the last day to redeem the free day?

I went back and checked the rules. It says "rent a Compact through Fullsize car starting after September 17, 2009, and before June 26, 2010. " Meaning you can rent all the way through June 2010 to have your rentals count towards winning the free days. But I didn't find anywhere where it says the last day when you can redeem the free days. Can someone please explain? If you are going to say december 31st, you will need to convince me because I believe Dec 31st is normally only for those regular free days earned through regular rental credits and not for the ones earned through one two free program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.