Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

One Two Free 2009 - Earn 8/10/09-1/31/10 - Redeem 9/17/09-6/25/10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Two Free 2009 - Earn 8/10/09-1/31/10 - Redeem 9/17/09-6/25/10

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:14 pm

Bump - is everybody's free days posting when you refer a friend?

Originally Posted by Johnnyman7
A referral of mine signed up yesterday, but I've yet to receive a free day. Has anybody else experienced this?
Old Sep 4, 2009, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
My T&Cs also state compact+ - (no midsize minimum requirement). Super stoked as this starts about the time I'll hit 40 rentals on Hertz to maintain Pres Circle. now I can load up on spare nights on national

"To receive a Free Rental Day, rent a Compact through Fullsize car starting after September 17, 2009, and before June 26, 2010."
I dont believe this is correct. What you quoted is that YOUR FREE rental can be compact and up.
Read the T&C posted on this page, it says:
"A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald Club, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating locations in the 50 United States,"

Am I correct?
Because my company states we can ONLY rent compacts...so I don't think I can take advantage of this promotion.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 9:00 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by sard
I dont believe this is correct. What you quoted is that YOUR FREE rental can be compact and up.
Read the T&C posted on this page, it says:
"A qualifying rental is the paid rental, via the Emerald Club, of a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating locations in the 50 United States,"

Am I correct?
Because my company states we can ONLY rent compacts...so I don't think I can take advantage of this promotion.
You have to rent Midsize + to earn the free days.. You can redeem the free days for Compact +.

That's how I read it.

Ron.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by newfbc
You have to rent Midsize + to earn the free days.. You can redeem the free days for Compact +.

That's how I read it.

Ron.
Could he book a compact, but use a 2-car class upgrade to get a standard sized car (standard = midsize + 1) for the same price?

I have a feeling that might not work though, as they probably want you to actually pay the mid-size rate.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
First, crap - didn't see this promo til just now. Signed up but lost two rentals to count. Bummer, serves me right, I should surf FT more often.

Originally Posted by vrbaba
Thanks for clarifying. You are correct. I found the details here: https://www.nationalcar.com/progRules.do

6. ... Each Member's credits will remain valid so long as such Member is a member of the Program. Free days will expire on December 31 of the year following the year in which they were earned.
Ok, so can someone clarify what is the difference between rental credits and free days? I login to my account and it says Reward is "rental credits", but when I click on rental credits it says Free days:X. Or X free days available.

Is that rental credits or free days???
Old Sep 12, 2009, 7:20 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Ok, so can someone clarify what is the difference between rental credits and free days? I login to my account and it says Reward is "rental credits", but when I click on rental credits it says Free days:X. Or X free days available.

Is that rental credits or free days???
You're referring to your choice of reward - rental credit / free day rather than airline miles. Rental Credit convert to "banked" free days once you reach the appropriate rental credits (6 for Executive level members).

This 1-2-Free is totally separate and in addition to the rental credits.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by peteropny
You're referring to your choice of reward - rental credit / free day rather than airline miles. Rental Credit convert to "banked" free days once you reach the appropriate rental credits (6 for Executive level members).

This 1-2-Free is totally separate and in addition to the rental credits.
Hmmm, so does that mean since I haven't used any of my free days in the past 2 years (due to using all of my promo days) that they are expiring? Or that those I earned in 2007 expired Dec 31 2008?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:16 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Hmmm, so does that mean since I haven't used any of my free days in the past 2 years (due to using all of my promo days) that they are expiring? Or that those I earned in 2007 expired Dec 31 2008?
If you haven't used any - I'm sure you have "some" expiring 12/31/09 - Rental Credits (as such) don't expire - but once they're converted to Free Days, they expire on 12/31 of the year following their conversion (eg. those that converted in 2008 will expire on 12/31/09). It's really confusing and unless you go and count out carefully, you can't tell when they expire except with a quick call to Customer Service.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Has anyone received an email yet with codes? Sep 17 was the first day to start using them.

Ron.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 12:27 am

I was wondering the same thing. Haven't received any emails yet even though I have qualified for at least 2 reward days.

On a different note, how do you find out if a National facility is a participating facility? I was planning on making another reservation in Ithaca, NY...
But they are not an airport location and being concerned, I called to verify. They didn't have a slightest clue as to what I was talking about....
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:09 am

I noticed that "To be eligible for the complimentary credit toward a Free Day, you must electively opt in to receive emails from National." and also that my user profile did not have the boxes for email receipt ticked off. I changed the preferences now, and will see if I receive the email about the earned days soon.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
If you haven't used any - I'm sure you have "some" expiring 12/31/09 - Rental Credits (as such) don't expire - but once they're converted to Free Days, they expire on 12/31 of the year following their conversion (eg. those that converted in 2008 will expire on 12/31/09). It's really confusing and unless you go and count out carefully, you can't tell when they expire except with a quick call to Customer Service.
Hmmm, seems like a call to CS is in order. Thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:58 pm

Redeem website is now available to view your 1-2-Free promo codes.

https://www.emeraldclubpromos.com/12free09redeem/
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Just got my free days email. "Redeem now" link doesn't work (just takes you to the promo registration page, just click the link in vrbaba's post.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 7:36 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Originally Posted by newfbc
Has anyone received an email yet with codes? Sep 17 was the first day to start using them.

Ron.
The EMAIL is USELESS!!!!!

Click on "redeem here" and get sent back to the sign up page where you are told "you have already signed up" GEE I knew that LOL!

I am going to try the link posted above, but don't wait for the "email"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.