Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC to JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2009, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

DC to JFK

Hey! i'm flying from JFK and need to drive up there. I keep trying these codes and i get good prices but they charge .30 per mile. Is there any good codes for unlimited miles?
Old May 9, 2009, 1:56 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome genocist - don't really know your answer but this might be a good time to use your free days (assuming you're Emerald Club and have some free days in your account).
Old May 9, 2009, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peteropny
Welcome genocist - don't really know your answer but this might be a good time to use your free days (assuming you're Emerald Club and have some free days in your account).
thank you for the welcome

and nope, i don't travel much.
Old May 9, 2009, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
You may need a car for other reasons than just transportation to JFK, but if not...it would be much less expensive (and easier) to take Amtrak to NY-Penn Station, then take the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) to Jamaica Station where you can then take the JFK AirTrain.

3-1/2 hours + 20 minutes + 10 minutes = 4 hour trip and a cost of <$85 (plus no tolls, gas fill-up, or headaches).
Old May 9, 2009, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phil2016
You may need a car for other reasons than just transportation to JFK, but if not...it would be much less expensive (and easier) to take Amtrak to NY-Penn Station, then take the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) to Jamaica Station where you can then take the JFK AirTrain.

3-1/2 hours + 20 minutes + 10 minutes = 4 hour trip and a cost of <$85 (plus no tolls, gas fill-up, or headaches).
traveling with 3 people.
Old May 10, 2009, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier, Onepass Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum, Marriott Silver
Then I would suggest one of the discount bus carriers such a boltbus. They generally have good prices!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.