Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:51 pm

When looking to rent a one way with free day at aus I only get a aisle or full size, when switching to same return I can reserve up to a Tahoe, so can I reserve and switch to another aiport after pickup?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by kxc262
Yes - a standard car is larger than intermediate and gives you access to the Emerald Aisle.
Was wondering if a Compact SUV (WSER) would suffice for EA?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:25 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Was wondering if a Compact SUV (WSER) would suffice for EA?
No, a Compact SUV would be Emerald Reserve service where they would guarantee you that specific vehicle type, although you might get offered an upgrade to an Intermediate or Standard SUV. You would not, however, be eligible to choose from the Emerald Aisle though. You'd need to book an Intermediate (midsize) Car for that.
Xyzzy and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
No, a Compact SUV would be Emerald Reserve service where they would guarantee you that specific vehicle type, although you might get offered an upgrade to an Intermediate or Standard SUV. You would not, however, be eligible to choose from the Emerald Aisle though. You'd need to book an Intermediate (midsize) Car for that.
What about an Intermediate SUV then?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:49 pm

What about an Intermediate SUV then?
Any SUV, Van, Convertible, Golf Cart, Scooter, etc. = Emerald Reserve.

Maybe if you gave a bit more detail about what you are trying to achieve here, it would be helpful. Is there a reason you don't want to just book a midsize car to get access to the EA? Maybe SUVs are cheaper and you don't necessarily want one of those? Hard to guess what the issue is here.
Xyzzy and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 1:15 pm

Maybe SUVs are cheaper and you don't necessarily want one of those? Hard to guess what the issue is here.
Exactly.

In any case, did the Midsize and will see what you guys are able to do with it...

Problem with the National website is that even when updating my LH M&M number (various incarnations of it), it won't let me book a car, saying the FF# is not correct. Just spent 40 minutes with their support team, and they have serious issues!

My app is showing GBP to book, but I think allows the M&M FF# - things are getting crazy!
Old Nov 18, 2021, 1:22 pm

In any case, did the Midsize and will see what you guys are able to do with it...
Well, I got quotes for every company *except* National!

Still, got a better deal on Hertz than you found me before, so there's a benefit...
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
YMMV - I booked a pick up at FAT last year using National's last minute special. The pick up rate was $70/week and beat everything else. Booth agent let me take anything on the aisle still.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
I think I may not have received some rewards credits for several recent rentals. I've had probably 10+ National rentals in the last two months though, so it's tough to tell exactly which reservations did not credit.

Under 'My Trips' it seems there is no way to access previous rentals, nor is there a way to view my reward history.

Is there some way to do this?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by IMissThe747
I think I may not have received some rewards credits for several recent rentals. I've had probably 10+ National rentals in the last two months though, so it's tough to tell exactly which reservations did not credit.

Under 'My Trips' it seems there is no way to access previous rentals, nor is there a way to view my reward history.

Is there some way to do this?
What do you see under here?

https://www.nationalcar.com/en/profile.html#/past-trips
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:29 am

Thank you for the link! That successfully pulled up my rental history for my USA-based rentals.

It didn't pull up any of my recent rentals at the SJO (Costa Rica) or the Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (also Costa Rica) locations. Those are the locations that I'm seemingly missing rewards credit for. Not sure if there is a way to see these past rentals as well? Any info is much appreciated, thank you.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:55 am

Thank you for the link! That successfully pulled up my rental history for my USA-based rentals.

It didn't pull up any of my recent rentals at the SJO (Costa Rica) or the Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (also Costa Rica) locations. Those are the locations that I'm seemingly missing rewards credit for. Not sure if there is a way to see these past rentals as well? Any info is much appreciated, thank you.
The problem is that those locations are licensee/franchise locations. While we're not aware of any restrictions on earning points from National franchisees/licensees, the reporting from them can be spotty and take much longer than from a corporate location in the US. You should reach out to National directly to inquire about any missing points from non-US locations.

Please do report back with results as it helps others. Thanks!
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:07 pm

Please do report back with results as it helps others. Thanks!
I emailed National with each of the confirmation numbers that did not receive credit. I'll report back once I hear back. Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2021, 3:33 pm

I emailed National with each of the confirmation numbers that did not receive credit. I'll report back once I hear back. Thanks!
I heard back from National. They requested the final rental invoices for each rental that had not earned rewards credit. I responded right away via email with the receipts. I received a response a few hours later indicating that the rentals had been credited to my account and would also count towards elite status.

I logged into my account to confirm. Interestingly, the reward credits clearly show correctly now - I have the appropriate number of rental credits and free days. However, the trips still don't show in the trip history. Maybe it's just a unique thing with the overseas franchise locations. Anyways, I appreciate the help!
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:11 pm

I heard back from National. They requested the final rental invoices for each rental that had not earned rewards credit. I responded right away via email with the receipts. I received a response a few hours later indicating that the rentals had been credited to my account and would also count towards elite status.

I logged into my account to confirm. Interestingly, the reward credits clearly show correctly now - I have the appropriate number of rental credits and free days. However, the trips still don't show in the trip history. Maybe it's just a unique thing with the overseas franchise locations. Anyways, I appreciate the help!
This makes complete sense. The overseas locations you rented from are only loosely affiliated with National, at least from a technology perspective. They receive a reservations feed from National, but they typically run their own counter and back-office systems which means that National probably has zero visibility into completed rentals. When questions arise, they will have to email the local contact to investigate the matter.

In this case, they just wanted to make sure you actually completed the rentals you said you did. That's why they asked for proof. It wasn't worth their time to actually follow-up with the location to confirm. The final receipts were enough to prove that you rented and were entitled to the credits so they awarded them to you. There's a very good likelihood that those trips will never actually show in your history because National probably doesn't have a way of ingesting them. As for whether you ever would have gotten credit for the rentals had you not asked...who knows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.