Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
I currently have a reservation spanning Wednesday morning to Monday morning. Due to a mistake on my part, I realize I can't make it until Wednesday late evening. Would I be able to pick up the same day, but about 12 hours or so later?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by gmax58
I currently have a reservation spanning Wednesday morning to Monday morning. Due to a mistake on my part, I realize I can't make it until Wednesday late evening. Would I be able to pick up the same day, but about 12 hours or so later?
Not an issue at all. I think they work on 24-hr cycles and as long as you pick up wed should be good to go.

Of course car selection may be drastically different though if you are hoping for something in the EA/ES....
Closingracer likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by ginmqi
Not an issue at all. I think they work on 24-hr cycles and as long as you pick up wed should be good to go.

Of course car selection may be drastically different though if you are hoping for something in the EA/ES....

Even better why not just edit your reservation?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Originally Posted by Closingracer
Even better why not just edit your reservation?
I did consider that - but when I tried that, the Midsize SUV was not available, and the cheapest car was 50% more expensive. Instead of dealing with this, I ended up going with Silvercar for the rental (I've been curious about it, and with the 30% discount it was cheaper than Hertz or National's cheapest rates).
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:08 am

Interesting situation with my late pick up issue.

I'm booked for 8pm pickup of a fullsize SUV but due to circumstances I'm now arriving the NEXT DAY at 2pm. Called the national number (since the local airport is fairly small and no one answered the phone this early.....) and the rep on the line said it's fine if I pick it up at 2pm the next day while keeping my original reservation...doesn't sound right to me....anyone have any more insight?

update: couple of phone calls later: Reservation is considered a no show if you don't pick up by the end of the business hours of that location. Change in reservation date usually will reflect a new daily rate (if your original car class is still available). A supervisor with national was able to move my reservation to the next day but keep the same daily rate.

VERY much appreciate and really impressed by the customer service with National. Will be highly likely to continue stay loyal to National from now on (of course me being EE helped heh....)

Last edited by ginmqi; Nov 21, 2017 at 11:29 am
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
If I use one of my earned free day credits to fully cover a one day rental, will I still get a credit for that rental?

I am one credit away from Exec Elite and don’t want to mess this up!

Thanks
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
If I use one of my earned free day credits to fully cover a one day rental, will I still get a credit for that rental?

I am one credit away from Exec Elite and don’t want to mess this up!

Thanks
Yes you will earn credit towards status.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kxc262
Yes you will earn credit towards status.
Are you sure? I just looked back at my rental history and I see reservations where I used the free rental day credits and those reservations did not earn any rental credits.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Are you sure? I just looked back at my rental history and I see reservations where I used the free rental day credits and those reservations did not earn any rental credits.
Yes, free days count towards status, but they do not earn rental credits towards free days.
Closingracer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
My company's personal use contract comes with 9 free additional drivers. Can I add people that don't live at my address and don't work at my company for free?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:21 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by bloc0102
My company's personal use contract comes with 9 free additional drivers. Can I add people that don't live at my address and don't work at my company for free?
Yes, you can add anyone you want, but they all have to be present at the rental counter to show their driver's license in order to be added.
FlyerTalker93851 and bloc0102 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Alaska MVP
National does not accept pre-payment of any kind. I am sure this was covered in this thread earlier, but as a heads up - have a rental next week, was trying to use my Amex offer for $20 off $150 expiring 12/31.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ktenorman
National does not accept pre-payment of any kind. I am sure this was covered in this thread earlier, but as a heads up - have a rental next week, was trying to use my Amex offer for $20 off $150 expiring 12/31.
You can use Hotwire or Priceline for prepayment and there is a prepaid rental option on Nationals website. If you use the Prepay option, please bring your confirmation sheet with you as the website directs. The sheet will make it easier for the gate agent to use your confirmation number. Sometimes if you don’t bring the confirmation sheet you can end up with your normal Emerald Club Rate. (Which is normally higher than a prepaid rate.)
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite
A colleague of mine rented a car from National for next week. I have Executive status, but he does not. The rental is in his name. Will National be ok with us taking a vehicle from the Executive area (it's reserved as a mid-size)? My name is not on the reservation as a second driver.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:57 am
Suspended

Not Your Reservation

Originally Posted by number41
A colleague of mine rented a car from National for next week. I have Executive status, but he does not. The rental is in his name. Will National be ok with us taking a vehicle from the Executive area (it's reserved as a mid-size)? My name is not on the reservation as a second driver.
Can you Book a Res in your name? That would be the best scenario.
If you aren’t the renter, no you can’t choose off the Executive Aisle. You could have your colleague join Emerald Club and choose off the Regular Emerald Aisle when you arrive.

But if choosing from the Executive is somehow important to you, Book a res. in Your Name.
Someone who is not a club member cannot choose off the EA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.