Community
Wiki Posts
Search

National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I'm curious.. what info do you get about me, when I check in? Status, number of rentals, revenue, etc?

Ron.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 8:58 pm

Programs: aeroplan,amex platinum,hilton honours, emerald club elite, priority club
Originally Posted by newfbc
I'm curious.. what info do you get about me, when I check in? Status, number of rentals, revenue, etc?

Ron.
Your status (club, Exec, Elite etc) , and your E/C profile would have your address, phone#, drivers licence# and the last 4 digits of your credit card #, email address (if entered )and your choice of whether you collect rental credits or air miles, any optional coverages, corporate rate etc. For security none of the staff would see your credit card# (except for the last 4 digits). Rental staff would not have accesss to $$ spent. They could do a search of your recent rentals, but its not something that is automatically availalble or that pops up.

Hope that helps.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by newfbc

Ron.
Your EC profile shows your name/DL info/EC status/any ff numbers/if you decline or accept coverages on a reg basis/if you decline or accept the fuel option on a reg basis/ if you want a gps on a reg basis/ what Rate ID has been assigned to your EC account.
As a rental agent we can't see what your Rental Credits are nor can we apply them to your rentals. Only a res agent can do that. Please don't ask us to try to apply them for you. Book them in advance.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 8:19 am

Talking

I am EC Exec. If i reserve a premium do i pay for a fullsize and get to drive a luxury veh? I only so far have reserved a fullsize paid for midsize and have been fortunate to get only premium vehs. And now i want to move up a class in car. Is this possible?
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by miamizo305
I am EC Exec. If i reserve a premium do i pay for a fullsize and get to drive a luxury veh? I only so far have reserved a fullsize paid for midsize and have been fortunate to get only premium vehs. And now i want to move up a class in car. Is this possible?
As an Exec member...You book the Premium, pay for a Full, and drive a Premium...if you want a Lux, you book it and pay for a Premium. The scenario you described would be a Double Upgrade.
Everyone thinks they are Still getting a Free upgrade when they arrive...Not so. You are just paying for the class BELOW the one you are driving. That's how the upgrade works.

"Back in day" EC members used to book EA service and got a Mid or Full on the EA and just paid Mid size price, but had to stop at the counter for all other classes for all other vehicles booked.
A few years ago when they created the Emerald Reserve service (so you could bypass the counter for ALL classes)...the free upgrade for Exec members Now comes in the fashion that you are paying for the class below the one you are wanting to drive, not a bump up once you arrive.
Sorry that is confusing to some.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:47 am

Talking

Thanks Pam.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

To Pam or Rentalguy:

Are there any plans to offer Ford cars with their Sync technology? I've heard a lot of praise for that system, so it'd be nice to try out at some point. I assume they'd probably only be offered on premium or luxury class cars, but I'm surprised I haven't seen any such equipped cars in the fleet yet.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 7:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Paminaz
the free upgrade for Exec members Now comes in the fashion that you are paying for the class below the one you are wanting to drive, not a bump up once you arrive.
Sorry that is confusing to some.
Is that price reflected on the web site when you book? If I pick a premium and I seeing a full size rate on the web site? Do I see that reduced rate on the car selection screen or only when the full quote is displayed? Thats what confuses me... I wish it put the class name next to the price to clarify, like on your receipt it says class driven and class paid.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by eLSid
The current midsize rate is $188/wk, the minivan rate is $580(for a 8 seater). .
I agree that double booking is not fair to other people or to National except for that fact above. If National is going to try and price gouge people who NEED to have a minivan then I have no sympathy. I am in the same boat many times. I see National trying to get rid of minivans on the EA all the time when I don't want one, yet when I need one they are going to price gouge me. All is fair in love and war I guess...
Old Apr 7, 2009, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
I agree that double booking is not fair to other people or to National except for that fact above. If National is going to try and price gouge people who NEED to have a minivan then I have no sympathy. I am in the same boat many times. I see National trying to get rid of minivans on the EA all the time when I don't want one, yet when I need one they are going to price gouge me. All is fair in love and war I guess...
Gouging is an awfully harsh world...and need, no one NEEDS a minivan. You NEED food, shelter and clothing, I don't see where you NEED a minivan in this list.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Is that price reflected on the web site when you book? If I pick a premium and I seeing a full size rate on the web site? Do I see that reduced rate on the car selection screen or only when the full quote is displayed? Thats what confuses me... I wish it put the class name next to the price to clarify, like on your receipt it says class driven and class paid.
The price you are quoted is the price for the class below the size you are booking. And yes it's just a bit clearer on the receipt when you return.

I hear ya on the booking end. But it's kinda like Microsoft and their software. So many different ppl writing the software so it's not all apples and apples all the time, sometimes it's apples and oranges. The end is the same...a lovely fruit salad...that you paid LESS for.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
To Pam or Rentalguy:

Are there any plans to offer Ford cars with their Sync technology? I've heard a lot of praise for that system, so it'd be nice to try out at some point. I assume they'd probably only be offered on premium or luxury class cars, but I'm surprised I haven't seen any such equipped cars in the fleet yet.
There are some Eddie Bauer Explorers in the fleet, some Focus's, and some Fusions in the fleet that have the Sync technology. However not all of those models have the Sync. When the order is placed for the cars, so many come high end, some middle of the road, and some are base. Then the cars get distributed around the country to the various locations so it's hard to say who has what. Now since nearly everyone works off Choice, you can look the various models over upon arrival and see how they are equipped and make your driving selection That way.

I have been in one or two in our fleet...I think they were Explorers...and it was really cool. But to make the system really Sing, you would want the car to be yours as you would not want to be loading your personal phone list in the car's Hard Drive of a rental car. If you did...be sure to purge it before you dropped off the car.
That whole concept takes a while to "load" if you catch my drift. Your phone list, your playlist...cars aren't as user friendly as your computer.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by Paminaz
But to make the system really Sing, you would want the car to be yours as you would not want to be loading your personal phone list in the car's Hard Drive of a rental car. If you did...be sure to purge it before you dropped off the car.
Just to clarify I'm pretty sure the phonebook can only be accessed when that particular phone is "sync'd" with the car. The point of downloading the phonebook is so you can use voice recog to dial. If I say "Call Pam" and I don't have your number in my phone, it'll produce an error even if the previous renter had your number and downloaded it (and please don't read into that example any more than face value, not implying anything).

Again, I'm not 100%, but that's how I understood it from Ford, and on the Focus where I first tested Sync.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
Just to clarify I'm pretty sure the phonebook can only be accessed when that particular phone is "sync'd" with the car. The point of downloading the phonebook is so you can use voice recog to dial. If I say "Call Pam" and I don't have your number in my phone, it'll produce an error even if the previous renter had your number and downloaded it (and please don't read into that example any more than face value, not implying anything).

Again, I'm not 100%, but that's how I understood it from Ford, and on the Focus where I first tested Sync.
You are right but still purge your phone book if you DL it. If the names matched it could cause a problem for someone else who had matching names....if we're playing the "name game."
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M
One Two Free days with regular Free Days

I've tried searching, but searching for the One Two Free program is difficult as the search engine knocks out the integral words.

Anyhow, Can I combine a One Two Free coupon with Free Days I have accrued on normal rentals? I can not seem to get the website to allow me to do so.

Thanks
Josh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.