Cars at JFK

Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:48 pm

Cars in Exec Emerald Aisle during holidays?

Are there SUVs in the exec emerald aisle during holiday periods? I went to LGA last year, and it seemed they never put SUVs there, and were just fully packed with sedans
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Android G
Are there SUVs in the exec emerald aisle during holiday periods? I went to LGA last year, and it seemed they never put SUVs there, and were just fully packed with sedans
Yes, have seen SUVs in the aisle section; but if you have executive status (and sometimes even not), usually can take anything that isn't marked reserved or premium.

Even for the latter if you get a manager in a good mood or something, you might get that "premium" on a ICAR or above reservation.
Cars at LGA

As for holiday renting in general keep in mind that National routinely sends vehicles from all local airports into Manhattan to deal with shortage of inventory. Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving is a prime example. Day or two before and on Christmas Eve is another with perhaps also 4th of July.

Thus if you want an SUV it might be wise to reserve that class so the airport can "see" they need to hold a certain number for incoming reservations. OTOH just arriving with say an ICAR or whatever reservation and hoping for the best (an upgrade) can prove risky during holiday season.

All this being said there is usually one constant truth about National NYC area locations; when you *don't* want a SUV or minivan that is pretty much all they've got! *LOL*
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:44 pm

Picked up early this morning after a redeye from the West Coast. Best option was a fully loaded Cadillac XT5 with 13.5K miles, which I took and have been enjoying despite some squeaky brakes. Other options included a Ford Edge Titanium, two higher trim Maximas, two Mustangs (I believe convertibles), a few higher trim Fusions, two Rogues, and a RAV4.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by juhlee
Picked up early this morning after a redeye from the West Coast. Best option was a fully loaded Cadillac XT5 with 13.5K miles, which I took and have been enjoying despite some squeaky brakes. Other options included a Ford Edge Titanium, two higher trim Maximas, two Mustangs (I believe convertibles), a few higher trim Fusions, two Rogues, and a RAV4.
When I returned Sunday afternoon, I spotted a Tahoe in ES.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:07 pm

Got there last Friday - lots of choices, mostly hum-drum options. Most notable cars I saw were a Chrysler 300S, v6 camaros/challengers/mustangs, full size SUVs, nissan maximas, and a Cadillac XT5.

Asked the attendant if I could take a muscle car with a V8 - he pointed me to a white loaded Camaro SS and said "feel free to take that one" - WOW what an amazing car. 455 horsepower 6.2L V8 sports car for the price of a midsize sedan. Gotta love national!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
We have an upcoming rental here. I reserved a "full-size SUV, Ford Expedition or similar". I only chose this because it was the highest car class I could choose using a free day, although we do require a fairly decent sized car to hold the four of us and all our bags. We have Exec. status - do I just look for an SUV on the Exec. Aisle or is there a special area where the "full size SUVs" are?

Last edited by mangoMan; Dec 20, 2018 at 1:20 pm Reason: punctuation
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by wal5036
Got there last Friday - lots of choices, mostly hum-drum options. Most notable cars I saw were a Chrysler 300S, v6 camaros/challengers/mustangs, full size SUVs, nissan maximas, and a Cadillac XT5.
Asked the attendant if I could take a muscle car with a V8 - he pointed me to a white loaded Camaro SS and said "feel free to take that one" - WOW what an amazing car. 455 horsepower 6.2L V8 sports car for the price of a midsize sedan. Gotta love national!
I tried the Camaro, couldn't drive comfortable at 6'8", took the Challenger same day which is rear wheel drive like the 300S. Boy haven't driven a rear wheel drive in a long time.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:49 am

That's hilarious... I'm actually 6'8'' also! I thought it was reasonably comfortable and it 100% handles better than the Challenger.

Last edited by wal5036; Dec 21, 2018 at 7:58 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Dropping off a car at JFK in a few days. Can someone describe where National is in comparison to the terminals and how long one needs to get to the airports (flying American Airlines international flight to Europe)? Is it a shuttle bus? How long is the ride and how regular and consistent are the buses? Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by dcchi
Dropping off a car at JFK in a few days. Can someone describe where National is in comparison to the terminals and how long one needs to get to the airports (flying American Airlines international flight to Europe)? Is it a shuttle bus? How long is the ride and how regular and consistent are the buses? Thanks!
The rental car center is at the Federal Circle stop on the AirTrain. When you return your car to National, you will walk through the lobby and out the other side, cross a walkway and go up an escalator to the train. Depending on the terminal you need, I would expect the whole trip (car to terminal) to be 15 minutes or less.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Thanks for the response. Sounds like it is pretty easy at JFK (and, importantly, there's no need to rely on slow and unreliable buses!). Appreciate the quick reply.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:46 am

Just a note, AA is Terminal 8 but the Air Train from Federal Circle goes in Terminal Order, it is faster to get off at Terminal 1 the next stop after Federal Circle and go across the platform to the Terminal-Only Air train that runs in reverse order of the terminals so boarding that train AA would be your next stop instead of circling the airport.
xienon likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by RMW
Anyone know the type of SUV they have available on the EE aisle? Need a SUV for an upcoming trip out of the city and was hoping to pick up something like an Chevy Tahoe/Suburban.

Any premium SUV available there?

If LGA a better option for this? Is there a special ee aisle at JFK, lga?

i
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Ijones027
i
is there a special aisle for ee at jfk,lga?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Ijones027
is there a special aisle for ee at jfk,lga?
has anybody had a problem getting a luxury class out of jfk to canda on free day?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.