Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rjt123
Hi all! I am new to Emerald Club Executive, hoping to get a minivan at JFK on an upcoming reservation, just wanted to check in to see if minivans have been spotted in the ES aisle lately?

Cheers!
Lineup can change very often. The aisle can be fully stocked one minute and a couple of hours later completely empty.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
First time renting from JFK location. Do they hold the amount for rental or extra on top of it?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by a310pilot
First time renting from JFK location. Do they hold the amount for rental or extra on top of it?
Officially the rule is if you deplane the deposit is only the am amount of the rental. If you don't deplane it's an additional $250. That being said sometimes they don't even for local renters.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:37 pm

Picked up a *very* nice Lincoln Continental from the Exec aisle yesterday - a 2018 with 5.2 miles on the odo. It's listed as a UXAR on the key tag. It seems to be a fairly well optioned Select model, with the optional Twin Panel Moon Roof.

I'm not a fan of their push-button transmission, but all in all it's a pretty nice car.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL DM
Grabbed a Cadillac XTS from the exec aisle at JFK last Friday, not a bad ride.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:44 pm
Original Member

Bunch of crossovers in Executive including a 2018 Audi Q5 which I made a beeline for on Sunday night. Aisle had a bunch of sedans. Q5 was entry level. Took it up as a one way to Canada using a 1-2-FREE and paid only $3.10. Pretty good use considering the one way rate was $150+.
As posted earlier, also did a one way with a X3 up to Canada one free reward back in January. Hope the US gets these cars back.
Old May 19, 2018, 5:48 pm
RMW

Anyone know the type of SUV they have available on the EE aisle? Need a SUV for an upcoming trip out of the city and was hoping to pick up something like an Chevy Tahoe/Suburban.

Any premium SUV available there?

If LGA a better option for this?

Old May 25, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: National Rental Car
When I rented at Christmas, JFK was a pool of Malibu, Challenger and Rogues -- mostly just basic trims with nothing fun. Alot of the cars had 'city-life' wear and tear (door dings, scratched bumpers, etc)
Old May 28, 2018, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by RMW
Anyone know the type of SUV they have available on the EE aisle? Need a SUV for an upcoming trip out of the city and was hoping to pick up something like an Chevy Tahoe/Suburban.

Any premium SUV available there?

If LGA a better option for this?

There is basically a zero percent chance you'll see them on the aisle at LGA. From what I've read JFK has gotten better at putting better cars on the aisle like my friend got a XT5 on the aisle while I paid for it at LGA. considering the season I don't think so but you can always ask. Usually you'll see at most a Dodge Durango, Chevy traverse , GMC Arcadia and the Ford Explorer as the few 3 row options on the aisle.
Old May 28, 2018, 4:33 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Closingracer
There is basically a zero percent chance you'll see them on the aisle at LGA. From what I've read JFK has gotten better at putting better cars on the aisle like my friend got a XT5 on the aisle while I paid for it at LGA. considering the season I don't think so but you can always ask. Usually you'll see at most a Dodge Durango, Chevy traverse , GMC Arcadia and the Ford Explorer as the few 3 row options on the aisle.
EWR could be an option but no guarantees. Picked up an Armada earlier this year. Several Tahoe/Suburban available as well
Old May 29, 2018, 7:47 pm
RMW

Thanks.

I has had a free day that was expiring from the 1-2-free promotion which I used this past weekend.

I was was able to pick up a Chevy Tahoe from the Executive Aile. Other than this, there was the regular mid size SUV available.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by RMW

Thanks.

I has had a free day that was expiring from the 1-2-free promotion which I used this past weekend.

I was was able to pick up a Chevy Tahoe from the Executive Aile. Other than this, there was the regular mid size SUV available.

thats surprising but but good I guess. Looks like JFK is the place to go if you want something more then a Camery
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club

thats surprising but but good I guess. Looks like JFK is the place to go if you want something more then a Camery
I was surprised when I was there a couple weeks ago. There were two Cadillac sedans (don't know what model), two Infiniti sedans (the one I picked said 3.0t on the side, but not sure if that's the model), and an Audi sedan that looked like it could've been in the executive aisle, though wasn't entirely clear and I didn't want to risk having to backup and re-park the car and grab another one. I've otherwise never seen any sedan above a PCAR in the aisle (not counting whatever they may classify cars like the Challenger as).
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:02 pm

Renting at JFK next week for 1 week, returning to LGA. Does anyone think there’s any benefit to renting an FCAR instead of an ICAR, just in case I don’t like what I see on ES? The price difference is not significant but of course I’d prefer not to waste the money if there’s little chance booking an FCAR will matter. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by juhlee
Renting at JFK next week for 1 week, returning to LGA. Does anyone think there’s any benefit to renting an FCAR instead of an ICAR, just in case I don’t like what I see on ES? The price difference is not significant but of course I’d prefer not to waste the money if there’s little chance booking an FCAR will matter. Thanks in advance.
Just to close the loop on this, I took from ES and it seemed like they were directing everybody (even non-EC members) to the aisles. In fact, the lot attendants seemed to be allowing folks to take from ES regardless of status.

As for the aisles, there wasn't anything particularly exciting or much of an obvious difference between the two. In ES, some highlights were a Nissan Murano SV, a Jeep Compass with leather, a Ford Flex Limited, a Camaro with cloth, a Chevy Colorado, and a Nissan Pathfinder SL Midnight Edition, which I took. I also noticed a couple of Tuscons, the standard miscellaneous Nissan sedans, and a Camry with leather (the Camry was in EA). There was an Escalade and another large SUV (I think an Infiniti) in the upgrade section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.