IAD to BWI one-way advie or codes?

Old Feb 9, 2009, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

IAD to BWI one-way advice or codes?

Can anyone suggest any codes or coupons that can be used for a one-way IAD to BWI 4-day rental?

I didn't realize that I would have to pay so much more for my rental car when leaving from a different airport.

I am going numb trying Hertz CDPs and Avis AWDs. I only want to use "legitimate" public CDPs. Do all PCs require the car to be returned to the renting location?

Are Avis or National more lenient on IAD to BWI rentals?

{BTW, I tried to run a search but either the search tool is broken, or "one-way" is not a valid search}

Last edited by EWR-6785; Feb 9, 2009 at 9:10 pm
Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:39 am

I just noticed that national does not give Unlimited miles on one-way rentals using my corporate code, when they are unlimited otherwise. Does anyone know if this is new or specific to my code? Anyone know of a specifc code which allows for unlimited miles on one-way before I start crunching them in one-by-one.

Regarding the rate, you will just need to play around with the codes in the sticky - see which ones apply to you.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, US Chairman, CO, DL, NW, MR Gold, HH
My Corporate Rate has always been limited miles on one-ways..

Absolutely ridiculous. I had a trip a couple of weeks ago when I flew into PHL and out of BWI. I think they only gave me 100 miles / day. I had to be really careful in where I drove in order not to go over the allotment. I think if you go over they charge you like $0.35 a mile or so.

Craziness!!!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I don't have a corporate code, but one of the reasons I like National is because of their one-way rates. In the DC area, my normal EC weekday rate is about $77-$80/day regardless of pick-up/drop-off with unlimited mileage, and I've done every possible combination of DCA, IAD, BWI, and MDT. PHL is in a different region, so the one-way rate does jump up pretty strongly there, but your one-two-free days work on that rate.

A couple of weekends ago, I had a BWI-DCA (work), and then a DCA-BWI (lesiure). The DCA-BWI weekend rate for 2 days ($19/day) was a better total than the rate for 1 day ($50/day), and the computer automatically figured it out for my reservation and charged me for two days instead.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by vrbaba
I just noticed that national does not give Unlimited miles on one-way rentals using my corporate code, when they are unlimited otherwise. Does anyone know if this is new or specific to my code? Anyone know of a specifc code which allows for unlimited miles on one-way before I start crunching them in one-by-one.

Regarding the rate, you will just need to play around with the codes in the sticky - see which ones apply to you.
I'm in the same boat, my corp rate is the same as usualy but no miles included. If you use the generic Emerald Club ID you get the same deal with a generic daily rate ($55/day no miles iirc).

HOWEVER, I've had great success using 6100253, the AAA code. Anyone can use it so long as you have AAA and it gives a high daily rate but unlimited miles. This is where those free day coupons come in.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
I'm in the same boat, my corp rate is the same as usualy but no miles included. If you use the generic Emerald Club ID you get the same deal with a generic daily rate ($55/day no miles iirc).

HOWEVER, I've had great success using 6100253, the AAA code. Anyone can use it so long as you have AAA and it gives a high daily rate but unlimited miles. This is where those free day coupons come in.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! ^

I got free days to use, so dont care about the daily rate. And I do have a AAA membership.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.