Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at ONT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Putnik
Bump,

How is the car selection at ONT now?
They are always low on cars during weekdays even in late evening for the past few weeks
Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
I can answer myself now. Late Morning selection was not too bad. First time I grabbed a Jeep Wrangler, and this time I have a 2017 Camaro with 1500 miles on it.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:16 am

Saw a Toyota Land Cruiser today on the lot today. Always wanted to give it a try but too bad it is not sitting in EA/ES rows.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Was at ONT this morning around 1030A 6/18. Only checked ES, but lots of Impalas, Fusion Hybrid SE models, a plethora of Volvo wagons, and two Infiniti SUV, one microsite and one medium size.

Took awhile for me to settle back down to good-boy mode and I took a Hybrid for the 40+MPG vs one of the Volvos or Infiniti, but since I am renewing at Anaheim next week and I know there is a rather putz-like attendant there who is sure to take it away from me at renewal, so why bother getting something nice.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:07 pm

Picked up from here on the 13th Nov. EA was sparse. ES was

5x Impala (didn't check the trim, but 2 appeared to be 2018's models)
1x 300S
2x Grand Caravan (took 1)
1x Volvo XC60
2x Equinox
2x Altima
1x Sorento

Two Executive members. I took a minivan and my sister took the Volvo. The gate agent developed a attitude after I declined her attempts of pre-paying fuel. Her exact words to me were "which card will you be putting the fuel on"...as in she had already decided that I was purchasing fuel and I had no say in the matter

After i declined. She refused to add my additional renter on the contract for both me and my sister behind me in the Volvo, claiming that a address needed to be on the licence (non US licence where our address is not required by our government) . When i pressed her about the issue; she claimed it was "that location" policy. She rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth when she realized that my sister in the car behind me declined the prepaid fuel and requested the additional driver as well.

Needless to say, I was tired from the one way drive from Phoenix and just left to go to the hotel. I tweeted National to find out if this is corporate policy and received word it was not by the rep, who got both the regional manager/branch manager on the case. I was told to go to the nearest National location to get the info added. Took less than 2 minutes.

I don't know if ONT has some sort of incentive going on to push prepaid fuel but I'm pretty sure that booth agent will be either removed from frontline customer service or retrained. Sucking your teeth/rolling your eyes and pretty much lying to one Executive Elite and one Executive is a shame. These would be people who know the terms of the rental company they earned status with and not your average Joe Schmoe.

The icing on the cake is the van is 300 miles from maintenance due (which I assume is a complete tune-up) because I'm struggling to maintain a speed crossing I-5 over the grapevine without cruise control. The rep told me to request compensation in LAX upon my return but I'm probably not going to bother because they did get it sorted out quickly and apologetically. My only concern is taking the van to Yosemite this weekend. Will the route to Yosemite be higher than the Grapevine? Should I swap out?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:23 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Maintenance due is just a fancy way of saying oil change - it has no bearing on driveability. Turn off eco mode, it helps a lot with that generation of Chrysler minivan product. It's a big, heavy, wind-catching box, I wouldn't consider it abnormal if you may have to bury your foot to maintain speed on an up-grade.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:58 pm

I rent from ONT couple times a month, gate agent is always friendly and straight forward. The greeting people, on the other hand, are harder to deal with. There was one time they had a Nissan Armada on the aisle but that particular Armada is equipped with cloth seat. I saw another Armada with leather seat sitting in the SUV row so I asked if I can get that one instead. The greeting lady told me I have to pay $15 extra per day for the leather seat.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Maintenance due is just a fancy way of saying oil change - it has no bearing on driveability. Turn off eco mode, it helps a lot with that generation of Chrysler minivan product. It's a big, heavy, wind-catching box, I wouldn't consider it abnormal if you may have to bury your foot to maintain speed on an up-grade.
That's the thing. Eco-mode has been off the entire time. Last night I came back over the grapevine northbound and I'm positive I smelt the brakes overheating if that's possible. The van actually shuddered slightly applying any brakes on the descent. I basically coasted down 90% of the way after smelling the slight burning scent and encountering the shuddering. I'm positive it has to be related to the needed oil change or whatever.
​​​​​

I've handled minivans numerous times including to the grand canyon. This one has been the only sluggish one attempting to climb any upgrade.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:12 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Sounds like it may have warped brake rotors, which is possible especially if it's not brand new and tourists have been riding the brakes down the canyons for the past several months of its life. Probably not engine related, but a totally valid reason for asking about an exchange.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
^^ agreed with poster above. I would swap if you can in the Bay Area if you can as it is always hassle free.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 5:37 pm

Got the vehicle swapped out in 30 seconds. Rep contacted location on my behalf and they had the keys ready as soon as I arrived.

Received another Van and the difference is like night and day even with eco mode on.

Last edited by Yellowjj; Nov 18, 2017 at 7:46 am Reason: Just to Update
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Had a luxury reservation. Managed to score a 2018 Audi Q7 Quattro with 200 miles on the clock. Ride report coming later! Was also offered an Infiniti QX60.

ES was empty. Greeters were having people on a waitlist and just pulled up cars coming out of the wash.

Agents were cool and let me check out the Enterprise Exotic fleet. Sat in the new Corvette and 2018 Mustang 5.0.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:11 pm

On a Wednesday, came onto the lot with a choice of 2 Dodge Caravans. Only 2 of us so I don't want a big vehicle. Of course, at the last rental, I was with family and no minivans available. Waited around 20 minutes for more vehicles to trickle through. Settled for the mid-size SUV Nissan Rogue.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 2:57 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Any recent experiences? I'll be there later this week.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:11 pm

Exec was dead today. Wait list for cars. They were pulling up cars. Only an Elantra and a Fusion titanium or you could wait.

Saw somebody ask for a Tahoe but greeter said it wasn't on the aisle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.