Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SJC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:24 pm

Another lackluster day this afternoon. Sonata, F-150 XLT on the Aisle. Altima, Fusion, Challenger V6, Grand Caravan in Exec.

Was looking for a minivan but hate the Caravans so asked about a Pacifica pulled off and was told it's a different class now (8 passenger) and reserved. Ended up going down to Hertz and got a Pacifica Limited from the Gold section.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Yesterday a around noon Emerald Executive had 4-5 Chrysler and Dodge minivans, V6 Charger, Ford Fusioin, Camaro Convertible, Nissan Armada, Infinity version of the Pathfinder. I waited 5 minutes until they brought out another Camaro convertible and picked that. They brought out a couple more after that. I don't remember seeing anything remarkable in the Emerald Aisle.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by missingcolours
Another lackluster day this afternoon. Sonata, F-150 XLT on the Aisle. Altima, Fusion, Challenger V6, Grand Caravan in Exec.

Was looking for a minivan but hate the Caravans so asked about a Pacifica pulled off and was told it's a different class now (8 passenger) and reserved. Ended up going down to Hertz and got a Pacifica Limited from the Gold section.
There were at least 3-4 Pacificas in the Executive aisle yesterday.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Booked lux using free days.

Offered 3 series, 5 series, MKZ.

Asked for a 7 series and greeter let me take it.

Exec aisles were full but didn't get a glance. Saw a mustang 5.0 come out of the wash right into the aisle.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:30 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Dec 20, 2019

Arrived on Fri evening. Aisles were completely full and was offered anything I wanted off EA or ES. However, we needed a small SUV and the only one to be seen (among the sea of Altimas and Malibus) was a Nissan Rogue just returned and not yet cleaned. After speaking to the manager, they gave us a fully tricked out Jeep Cherokee Limited that had just been cleaned. ^
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
Arrived on Fri evening. Aisles were completely full and was offered anything I wanted off EA or ES.
Seen this so many times myself - aisles full of exclusively coupes, sedans, and pickups. SUVs/minivans visible elsewhere in the lot. Really hate SJC for doing this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:42 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by davie355
Seen this so many times myself - aisles full of exclusively coupes, sedans, and pickups. SUVs/minivans visible elsewhere in the lot. Really hate SJC for doing this.
So EXECUTIVE ELITE can choose from all lots, but SUV and Minivans are not included?

In my experience they are super stingy on weekends?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by davie355
Agg, I always get the exact opposite. Aisle full of SUVs and Minivans when all I want is a sedan
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 5:46 pm

Anyone been to SJC recently?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 6:03 pm

I was there a few times in July, every time there were very few cars on the aisle (5 or less), Sentras, Elantras, maybe a small SUV, all cloth seats etc. One time there was a V6 Challenger.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by missingcolours
I was there a few times in July, every time there were very few cars on the aisle (5 or less), Sentras, Elantras, maybe a small SUV, all cloth seats etc. One time there was a V6 Challenger.
Regular aisle, or Exec?
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Regular aisle, or Exec?
There was only one aisle where all customers were being pointed (including Alamo and Enterprise) unless you had a specific class reserved.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
I was there in early August and missingcolours indicated, there is only one aisle with cars. It was fairly full at 10:30 am. I grabbed a Camary as I prefer a car with a similar set up to my own. I do one-way rentals to MRY about 10-15 times a year as I have family in that area and it is not easy to get a decent fare or connection to MRY. Best of luck.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 3:04 pm

I stopped by at 6:30am today.

There were two Nissan Altimas, a mini Kia, couple Nissan pickup trucks. I asked if they had a Camry and they brought one out for me!
Old Sep 10, 2020, 6:32 pm

Hi. What Luxury Cars do they offer normally? Anyone had a Luxury Car rental recently? Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.