Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YVR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:20 pm

I arrived at YVR on July 19, 9 PM. Waited at the National counter for 20 mins before realizing that we were supposed to wait at the Alamo counter. They had 1-2 people working the counters for National, Enterprise, and Alamo. Ended up waiting 2 hours for my rental car. They basically had no cars on-site and people were bringing them to YVR one by one. There were about 8 people in front of me.

I returned the car on July 29 at 4 PM and there were a lot more cars at YVR.
Auto Enthusiast, jizen and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:34 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, AS MVP 75k,
Somewhat the same experience, I arrived on July 23, there was literally only 1 car in the lot (Charger). Unfortunately, have to take that Dodge as I needed to get out of Airport. On my return, they had more cars in the lot to pick.

I'm quite disappointed with the service at YVR, they charged me incorrectly and still haven't corrected it. Charged me per Km when my rate included unlimited mileage. Not to mention long wait etc.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
7/29 - Thursday evening before a long weekend and selection was limited. I have uploaded a video of the isles starting at around the 1:45 mark

National does have some Volvo's and Audi Q3's in the fleet for luxury reservations and a few Mustang GT hardtops from Enterprise Exotics. Fleet is similar to other locations in Canada. However with the car rental shortage there may be a wait and selection may be limited. Hertz seems to have more cars and they have both convertible and hardtop Mustang GTs available for upgrade along with a bunch of Volvo's and a couple of brand new BMW 2 series sedans.

Last edited by turbov6; Aug 5, 2021 at 10:00 am
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by mgodara
Somewhat the same experience, I arrived on July 23, there was literally only 1 car in the lot (Charger). Unfortunately, have to take that Dodge as I needed to get out of Airport. On my return, they had more cars in the lot to pick.

I'm quite disappointed with the service at YVR, they charged me incorrectly and still haven't corrected it. Charged me per Km when my rate included unlimited mileage. Not to mention long wait etc.

Did you get this resolved? I rent often from National YVR and always receive great service. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The location manager always has a presence, I see him often and he always remembers my name.

The only disappointment, Premium Location Charge just increased - went from 18.56% to 19.96%. This, along with the airport $5.75/day 'Customer Facility Charge' - makes for some pretty high airport fees.

Ron.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:06 pm

Was there around 9:30AM on August 17th.

Executive was empty. Choices were

- RVR (Probably the trim 1 up from the base. You get alloys)
- Forte EX+ (Trim that gets you LED headlights and bigger rims. No push start)
- New Elantra Preferred (No Sun/Tech package)
- Durango R/T (Base R/T. No other packages)

I was going to take the Durango. But on a second thought, I realized I was in BC and driving a 5.7L V8 around isn't the most economical for one person.

I waited for a bit and a CX5 GT showed up. Good thing I switched to that since gas was 1.69 a liter that week.

The GT is a bit weirdly optioned. It's the second highest trim and has most of the goodies. But since Mazda is trying to move upmarket, it lacks a few important ones.

- It has ventilated leather seats but no 4 way lumbar
- It has power folding mirrors but no auto dip on reverse
- It has an auto dimming interior mirror, but not the side mirrors
- It has a (blurry) HUD and ACC but no parking sensors
- Lane keep is basically lane departure warning. Does nothing to keep you from crossing the line, which is good for downtown Vancouver. Not so great for that long drive to Banff/Calgary.
- Infotainment is annoyingly slow and Apple Carplay takes forever to connect. Touch screen is also locked out when you're moving. So you're forced to use the quasi iDrive controller. Infotainment controls are a weird mix between BMW iDrive (main controller) and Audi MMI (Volume knob).

The CX5 also really needs an extra gear or two. It kept shifting between 3rd and 4th on hills between Vancouver and Calgary. Despite this, it still returned an impressive 8L/100KM.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 10:00 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
A quick video of the National isles at YVR over the labour day long weekend starts around the 3:34 mark after a video tour of a BMW 330i rented from this location:

xienon, Ordpc and frankliu like this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:57 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by turbov6
A quick video of the National isles at YVR over the labour day long weekend starts around the 3:34 mark after a video tour of a BMW 330i rented from this location:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3nZaLOkPl8
is that a Premier Selection and if so may I know how much you paid extra /day? Thank you!
Old Sep 30, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA Silver, National EE, Hertz PC
sept 30th 2021

Pickup at 11:30, (was delayed 1.5 hours)
EA/ES was choose your colour RVR
Premier had a taken S60
2 VW Taos.
took the Taos, only 4k on the clock but very base model and plastic-y.
2 USB-c ports but no USB-A. Still comfy but not thoroughly impressed by VW.
​​​​​​
xienon, strickerj and Ordpc like this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 8:55 pm

Returned today at 11:30am.
Long line of cars returned,
EA/ES slim pickings, 2 Mitsubishi RVR
Premiere: Q5 for $30/day according to the sign and a S60
Alamo side had a RAM 1500 weirdly and the usual sedans and SUV's. Lots of ontario plates weirdly enough.
xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:48 pm

Oct-11 2:30pm
choose your colour kona, RVR
jetta, camry, optima, mazda 6, golf alltrack

Oct-12 2:45pm
5 RVRs in different colors
Ordpc likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Oct 18

Exec - Lots of RVR's as noted, but there was S60 and 2 series as well. I took S60, great car. Second Volvo this month and it was fantastic.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:45 pm

October 31st

At 10am, there was a well stocked selection of more tricks than treats today.
EA/ES was mostly Camry's, Passat's, Jetta's RVR's and Taos's.
Premiere had a Volvo S60 and XC60.

Took a cornflower blue Taos, only 8k km, panoramic sunroof, Sirius XM, all the bells and whistles. Not bad for ES.

Edit to avoid double post:
Returned March 11th at 10:30am
There was nothing - Enterprise, National, Alamo. Nothing. That is all.

Last edited by YYZtoHKG; Nov 3, 2021 at 9:55 pm Reason: Added return inventory
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:52 am

Zero car in National on 12/24 10pm.

Last edited by youshen; Dec 24, 2021 at 11:54 pm
Old Jan 24, 2022, 8:32 am

Jan 23rd:
EA/ES Choose your VW DAY.
PAssat and jetta galore. along with some RVR's spinkled in.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:43 pm

First time renting National. I matched my status from Hertz and with EE it was a good experience.

I was in a little bit of a rush, but in the Exec aisle there was a decent selection.

Of note: Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Infiniti Q60, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the Mustang Convertible I drove off with. Only one Hyundai around.

Upgrade section had a BMW X1 & X3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.