Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YVR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
It looks like all the cars jumped up and took one step to the right. The effects of ERAC's class creep is starting to show at my favourite National location.

Premium

Two Crown Vics and a 2009 Taurus

Maybe this is why Premium is $12/day this weekend... lol. I'll let you know what I find today. Last weekend I skipped the 2009 Taurus and took a new loaded 2010 Fusion (Standard Class).

Ron.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Nice thing at YVR is that if you use NU1234NAJ and book fullsize it gets you into a midsize SUV. Should come in handy as I may be doing a one-way to Alberta this weekend. Hopefully they'll still have some Escapes on the aisle.
Well, it seems YVR reads FlyerTalk...

Suddenly the maximum upgrade is Standard->Fullsize. Hopefully my res will still be honoured. That or I could just blow off a free day and pick whatever I want anyways.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Premium @ YVR Today

3 2009 Taurus
1 Kia Rondo! (don't know how this ended up there.. maybe they were holding it for Tuneman?)

I took a Fusion from Full Size.

Ron.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:04 am

It looks like downtown YVR (Georgia/Bute) location is closing. I can't book a reservation after the end of the year (says location closed at arrival time - for any day/time I input). This is too bad.. this is one of the best locations off-airport anywhere. There staff are great, always have a 'customer first' attitude.

Ron.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Yesterday @ 3:30 PM

Finally got a chance to rent one of these dirt cheap Premium cars that newfbc has been posting about! Here was the selection:

Economy

Bright red Suzuki Swift - The FIRST time in 3 years of renting that I have ever seen an economy car on any National lot...I actually got into it and almost picked it, but promptly smacked some sense back into myself and continued down the aisle...

Compact

One Cobalt and PT Cruisers

Midsize

Nissan Versa Hatchback??? (It was sitting at the first midsize stall after Compact so maybe a lot guy got mixed up), several PT Cruisers, Nissan Sentra

Fullsize

Few Nissan Altimas, a couple Hyundai Sonatas, Dodge Avenger

Premium

Toyota Camry Hybrid w/cloth seats, Taurus SEL AWD w/cloth, Taurus Limited AWD w/ leather (my choice, naturally)

Luxury

Empty

SUV

All Ford Escapes - Mix of XLT and Limited, however they all appear to be 4 cylinder models as none of them had the "V6" decal on the front fender

Minivan

All Dodge Grand Caravans - only variety was the provinces they came from

Fullsize SUV

Empty
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

...and when I returned at 7:30 PM

Dropped the Taurus off in the return aisle after my quick cross-broder shopping trip. I strolled past the Aisle again on my way to the terminal. The selection was the same with the few following changes:

• Economy and Compact stalls were empty
  • A Hyundai Elantra had joined Midsize
  • A Kia Rondo had joined Fullsize (and no I didn't say darn)
  • A Lincoln MKX had joined Luxury
  • A Ford Flex had joined Fullsize SUV
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:26 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Toyota Camry Hybrid w/cloth seats, Taurus SEL AWD w/cloth, Taurus Limited AWD w/ leather (my choice, naturally)
I'd love to rent a Camry Hybrid, I've never seen one at any NRAC location.

I went to Enterprise this last summer with my Mom to pick out a car because her car was in the body shop and insurance was giving her like $18/day allowance for a rental car. To show how far that will get you at Enterprise, they wanted $120/day for a Toyota Prius!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:29 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I'd love to rent a Camry Hybrid, I've never seen one at any NRAC location.
Not that unusual - I got one almost 2 yrs ago at LAS.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by newfbc
It looks like downtown YVR (Georgia/Bute) location is closing. I can't book a reservation after the end of the year (says location closed at arrival time - for any day/time I input). This is too bad.. this is one of the best locations off-airport anywhere. There staff are great, always have a 'customer first' attitude.

Ron.

I have been told by my corporate rep that all non-airport National's will be gone by end of year if they aren't already.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:32 pm

Was talking yesterday to the Rep at downtown Vancouver about the closure. I suggested that Enterprise might take over the location because it was so busy, central, etc. She mentioned that they're not allowed, because of the National Employees Union Contract / Situation.

Is another reason for the National closures union busting? Hmm.

Ron.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

I find the closures in Vancouver aren't such a huge deal personally. YVR is even easier to get to now thanks to the Canada Line, and I often find on weekends their lower rates compared to city locations offset the PLC. Plus, the fact that YVR has an Aisle makes it worthwhile to go there even if they are more expensive.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:30 am

Just noticed on an upcoming reservation, National has dropped the Premium Location Fee @ YVR to 17.00 Pct from 17.75 Pct.

Still a high %... but any decrease is good!

Ron.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:14 pm

Picked up a rental tonight at YVR.

Full size was full of the usual.. Altimas, Chargers, Kias, etc. National YVR just got a bunch of brand new Volvos.. C30 and S40. These were parked in Premium and Luxury. I took a C30, with 20km. Classified on the keytag as RXAR. Weird thing, has Sirius, not activated.

Ron.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:23 pm

I guess they weren't kidding about making the compact Volvos Premium/Luxury. Did they at least come with all the options?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
I guess they weren't kidding about making the compact Volvos Premium/Luxury. Did they at least come with all the options?

The C30 I got is fairly well optioned. No leather.. and not sure why the Sirius isn't activated. Do Volvos get a trial? What class is RXAR? I haven't seen it before.

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.