Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: * A
anyone rent recently at PHL (w/ all the snow and stuff)? I got a rental coming up at PHL at the end of the month. Got SUV reserved but was wondering if they are still putting SUVs in the ES here. TIA
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:44 am

Anyone check out the Emerald / Executive aisles at PHL lately? Picking up tomorrow afternoon and wondering what my options might be.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by RastaPasta
Anyone check out the Emerald / Executive aisles at PHL lately? Picking up tomorrow afternoon and wondering what my options might be.
Could you give us an answer to your own question, please?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:52 pm

Friday morning ~10am

ES had lots of Captivas, Altimas, Malibus and a few Passats, Optimas, Dodge Journey
Nothing sporty (had previously seen a Camaro, but not today)

EA had some larger cars, like Fusions, Camry, Altimas. Saw some Jettas, and don't really rmb what else.

I ended up with a Fusion SE (no Titaniums on the lot sadly) with <5k mileage, since nothing from the ES really excited me
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:19 pm

Sunday night 9:45 pm

ES had a nice selection, but it was pretty dark and I was in a hurry. Charger, Mustang, Chrokee...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:00 pm

Are minivans common in emerald aisle?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:19 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by mrnik2007
Are minivans common in emerald aisle?
Glancing back through the reports - minivans are non existent in EA and rare in ES.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:38 pm

I've never seen a minivan in EA.

Friday 3pm
EA had Jetta, Camry, Malibus and some other sedans
ES had the standard sedan choices (Altimas, Optimas etc) and quite a few Jeeps, plus an Escape Titanium (which I took) and a Buick Encore that was being pulled in just as I left. I think I saw a Dodge minivan leaving ES just as I was getting off the shuttle.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:27 am

Programs: BW Platinum Elite, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, National Car Exec, Delta AmEx Platinum,
Kind of a strange ES experience last weekend. Not bad, just strange.

Checked in Wednesday morning.

Not many vehicles available. It was only a couple minivans and SUV's (not crossovers, actual SUV's) and one sedan (I can't recall what it was, Altima/Optima I think).

We lucked out. Needed lots of room for equipment and burst with joy seeing a Yukon sitting there when we got off the bus.

I was surprised - pleasantly - to see a Yukon available among the 6-7 ES vehicles they had.

If I recall, the selection was sparse on EA as well. Camrys, Malibus, nothing spectacular but we did only look briefly once we spotted our Yukon.

The service from everyone at National was terrific, from the bus driver to the lot attendants. Saw some negative comments on here about prior experiences, but we had A+ service.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Glancing back through the reports - minivans are non existent in EA and rare in ES.
Thanks. I looked at a few reports too... it seems like most people just dont comment on minivans because they are usually not a car of choice

If someone goes soon, hopefully, they can keep an eye out for me.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:26 pm

I am here weekly now, did not notice minivans in EA/ES. But a good amount of smaller SUV's. They had a bunch of Tahoes in the specialty car section. I am sure, that if you ask an attendant that you can get a minivan.
Old May 1, 2014, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by tobytobsen
I am here weekly now, did not notice minivans in EA/ES. But a good amount of smaller SUV's. They had a bunch of Tahoes in the specialty car section. I am sure, that if you ask an attendant that you can get a minivan.
Thanks so much! Ill ask. Im there today at 4:30PM
Old May 14, 2014, 8:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Picked up today 5/14 wed at noon.

There were only about 7 cars total in EA ES - the whole operation is under renovation / expansion with the EA / ES area being totally new under roof with out stacking the cars like they did. Attendant was very friendly and indicated that the areas for the combined National/Alsmo operation is being revamped and separating the fleet.

Anyways, at arrival EA had Verano, Prius and Captiva. ES had Equinox, Sorrento, Challenger, 2 Journeys. Would have taken Verano but someone beat me to it so told the attendant that I'd wait a bit since wasn't in a hurry and you guessed it my mother hates SUVs. Ended up with a 400 mi Passat which is fine but after checkout saw a new Impala parked in ES. Upgrade area had SRX, XTS, Challenger. This literally was the extent of the inventory on hand.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:12 pm

I rented last week from Hertz,
they only had a mini van
There was a range rover, but even as prez status, she said no way
Old May 15, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by zipo
I rented last week from Hertz,
they only had a mini van
There was a range rover, but even as prez status, she said no way
Range Rovers and anything that could qualify for the Enterprise Prestige collection will never be rented without paying full price. It would get the employee fired.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.