Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:39 pm

nightracerx- how much were they charging for the upgrade?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dontego
nightracerx- how much were they charging for the upgrade?
My original quote was about $750 total including all taxes and fees, it was a rental for several weeks.

They quoted me premium class at about $1,200. Luxury class at about $2,400.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Wednesday afternoon a few weeks ago. EA was a few uninteresting sedans like Toyota Camrys and Hyundais; the rest of the aisle was minivans. ES was rather slim pickings, a few equally uninteresting sedans and two lonely SUVs (a Tahoe and a Suburban). Noticed a 2012 Camaro in the Specialty row and ended up upgrading to that.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:33 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by javabytes
Wednesday afternoon a few weeks ago. EA was a few uninteresting sedans like Toyota Camrys and Hyundais; the rest of the aisle was minivans. ES was rather slim pickings, a few equally uninteresting sedans and two lonely SUVs (a Tahoe and a Suburban). Noticed a 2012 Camaro in the Specialty row and ended up upgrading to that.
I hate that whatever they put in Specialty row you can typically get elsewhere in ES. Their ES layout sucks too, they boxed all cars together.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
I have been really disappointed with the Executive selection at PHL but the staff there are all very nice and professional. A few weeks ago all that was left in the EX section was a lot of hyundai mini suvs, so I waited for them to pull around more vehicles and the manager said I could take one of the items in the specialty section.

Selection has always been an issue at PHL as I have posted multiple times before. I honestly can't wait till I can start flying back into EWR in August.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by dickferd
I have been really disappointed with the Executive selection at PHL but the staff there are all very nice and professional. A few weeks ago all that was left in the EX section was a lot of hyundai mini suvs, so I waited for them to pull around more vehicles and the manager said I could take one of the items in the specialty section.

Selection has always been an issue at PHL as I have posted multiple times before. I honestly can't wait till I can start flying back into EWR in August.
My experience with the staff there wasn't pleasant, I had a post on page 4. They attempted to charge me insane upgrade fees.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by nightracerx
My experience with the staff there wasn't pleasant, I had a post on page 4. They attempted to charge me insane upgrade fees.
Slightly OT, but I'm curious. Why are your renting in PHL if you're located in Edison?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz
Slightly OT, but I'm curious. Why are your renting in PHL if you're located in Edison?
I fly in and out of that location frequently, I also visit quite a few clients at Philly.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 2:56 am

June in PHL

late night pickup midweek
EA had 2 avengers and assorted minivans, maybe a ford focus and some other midsize vehicles
Exec had at least 1 SUV.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:53 pm

July 18 (Wednesday) around 10:00AM

Returned a Nissan Maxima today, this place was wiped clean. Only very few cars left on the lot, less than 20 cars total, almost a complete empty lot.

EA:

Chrysler 200 x 3
VW Jetta x 1
Chevy Malibus x 3
Ford Fusion x 1
Several minivans

ES:

Nissan Maxima x 1
Nissan Altima x 5
Chevy Malibu x 3
Chevy Impala x 2
Mid-size SUVs x 2

Specialty Aisle:

Hyundai Genesis x 1
Old Jul 29, 2012, 2:12 am

Programs: na
Originally Posted by nightracerx
July 18 (Wednesday) around 10:00AM

Returned a Nissan Maxima today, this place was wiped clean. Only very few cars left on the lot, less than 20 cars total, almost a complete empty lot.

EA:

Chrysler 200 x 3
VW Jetta x 1
Chevy Malibus x 3
Ford Fusion x 1
Several minivans

ES:

Nissan Maxima x 1
Nissan Altima x 5
Chevy Malibu x 3
Chevy Impala x 2
Mid-size SUVs x 2

Specialty Aisle:

Hyundai Genesis x 1
a genesis in specialty lmao!!!! i,ve seen those in almost every ES aisle in the country....i would understand a BMW or an infiniti but a genesis? thats is a premium car not an xcar category.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by agero2k5
a genesis in specialty lmao!!!! i,ve seen those in almost every ES aisle in the country....i would understand a BMW or an infiniti but a genesis? thats is a premium car not an xcar category.
At PHL I've seen they put Genesis, Avalon, Camaro base model, Buick LaCross and Regal, even a VW Tiguan lol in Specialty. I have no clue what they are thinking, I'm sure it has to do with the demand so they load premium cars to that aisle so they can charge upgrade fees.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:21 pm

August 24, 2012 at 4:30PM

EA:

Excellent representation of government fleet, Chevy Impala all over. Few Toyota Camry around.

ES:

Once again excellent representation of government fleet, Chevy Impala in every color you can imagine.

10+ x Chevy Impalas
1 x Nissan Murano (My choice, base trim with nothing in it.)
3 x Ford Taurus (Two have crappy interior and another smoked in.)
2 x Toyota Avalon (Both been smoked in.)
4 x Toyota Camrys
1 x Jeep Wrangler
1 x Nissan Rogue
3 x Nissan Altima
1 x Honda Accord
2 x Chevy Mailbu
1 x Dodge Charger
1 x Dodge funky looking van/SUV

Specialty:

4 x Ford Taurus
2 x Toyota Avalon
1 x Mini Cooper
1 x Chevy Camaro
1 x Buick LaCrosse

PHL really needs to step up their game, this place the selections have been pitiful and their EA and ES lots are all boxed in so if you see a car you like you need to move like three cars in order to get it. This place needs a parking garage instead of the typical 6x5 box for EA or ES lot!!!

Last edited by nightracerx; Aug 24, 2012 at 8:00 pm
Old Sep 2, 2012, 2:32 am

August 31, 2012 at 5:30PM

EA:

Didn't really pay attention to.

ES:

15x+ - Impalas gone wild, about 80% of all ES selections were Impalas.
2 x Toyota Camry
1 x Toyota Avalon
2 x Nissan Altima
1 x Nissan Murano
1 x KIA Sportage
1 x Jeep Compass

Specialty

1 x Chevy Camaro
1 x Toyota Prius C
1 x Buick Regal
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Well I rented from PHL on Wed 11/7 (but not from National - because of a mistake that I made - booked a 1 day rental 1 day before I was going to be there - turned out to be a rather expensive mistake since all agencies were sold out - only got a "specialty" reservation at Avis for $140 for the day - ouch).

From the Avis bus, National's lot wasn't as well stocked as usual but there were still quite a few cars on the lot - ES looked like mostly Dodge Chargers while EA looked like mostly Nissan Altimas - so this was a drive by sighting. I ended up with a Kia Optima from Avis (the most uncomfortable rental that I've had in a long time - Sirius / XM was inactive the car had about 5700 mi on it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.