Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
[=Flying Machine;32703499]Any recent reports for PHL? Thanks[/QUOTE]
I was there last week. The Emerald Aisle is closed all cars are in the other section - generally where the Alamo signs are. Also Enterprise is now is the National/Alamo area.
There are much less cars than usual and there are some premium/luxury/speciality cars - but very limited choice. You will probably get the class choice but not necessarily your choice of car.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by fatmac70
Any recent reports for PHL? Thanks
I was there last week. The Emerald Aisle is closed all cars are in the other section - generally where the Alamo signs are. Also Enterprise is now is the National/Alamo area.

Thanks, I have a PC reservation over at Hertz, and I just made one at National as a back up with EE. It’s a two week reservation so I definitely wanted a nice vehicle a modern low mileage SUV was my normal choice pre-pandemic. I figured I’d back myself up just in case Hertz is running low on cars, pick up is Tuesday evening around 7 PM early October. What a shame that the Emerald Isle and even the executive section is closed
Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:09 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Picked up yesterday at noon:

Choose your generic rental car options only in the Executive Aisle. No Impalas, 300s or Maximas even. I ended up taking a Jeep Compass Limited with 19,000 miles and XM radio. Pretty disappointing selection overall.
Hoof Hunter, xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 10:57 am

Executive Aisle on 05/07/2021

Great selection at the Executive Aisle when I arrived 05/07/2021 at around 7:30am. The aisle was completely full. I just walked one aisle and found a car I really liked. Here's what I could see but they had even more on another aisle:

2 Dodge Chargers
1 Toyota 4Runner
1 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring (I grabbed this one)
7+ standard SUVs, I saw Chevy Equinox's and Toyota Rav4s
There were also tons of full sized sedans like Camrys, Jettas, Altimas

I was very surprised to see a 4Runner but I love the CX9s. It only had about 250 miles!
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:09 pm

Does anyone have any recent experiences here? Have a rental tomorrow morning and am worried about not finding any SUVs in the Emerald Aisle.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by whatamidoinghere
Does anyone have any recent experiences here? Have a rental tomorrow morning and am worried about not finding any SUVs in the Emerald Aisle.
I haven't been there since May but of all the 10+ Emerald Isles I have visited this year, the PHL aisle had the largest selection of SUVs. Hopefully someone has been there more recently that can confirm.
whatamidoinghere likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AA Gold, National Executive
Friday July 9th about 10AM

Just rented here last weekend. When we got off the bus, the selection was sparse to say the least - I'd estimate 50-60% of spaces in Emerald and Executive were empty. There was an Acura MDX in Executive, but another family was able to snag it before we could get off the bus. Other selections were a bit underwhelming - lower spec Camrys, a few Rav4s. As we were walking the aisle, a nice VW Atlas was just being brought out, and we were able to grab it.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by whatamidoinghere
Did you hit the jackpot with a sweet SUV or... ?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:24 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by raven_sax
Just rented here last weekend. When we got off the bus, the selection was sparse to say the least - I'd estimate 50-60% of spaces in Emerald and Executive were empty. There was an Acura MDX in Executive, but another family was able to snag it before we could get off the bus. Other selections were a bit underwhelming - lower spec Camrys, a few Rav4s. As we were walking the aisle, a nice VW Atlas was just being brought out, and we were able to grab it.
Never saw an Acura at National, really nice to have it in the fleet.
Auto Enthusiast and xienon like this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:47 pm

That Acura might be one of the used cars everyone is talking about filtering into rental fleets now, to help fill demand during the shortage.
xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 3:01 am

Any recent updates? Does anyone know if there is an aisle for luxury reservations or would it be a printed contract at the counter?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Rented from here in late September and not much good stuff on the EA of ES. Ended up taking the Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid and was actually surprised. Had a decent amount of “power” when you needed it and a very inviting interface on the infotainment screen. I would rent this again.

Old Oct 15, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Rented from here in late September and not much good stuff on the EA of ES. Ended up taking the Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid and was actually surprised. Had a decent amount of “power” when you needed it and a very inviting interface on the infotainment screen. I would rent this again.

https://youtu.be/eKTCNhKO19c
It's great that Hyundai hybrids/EVs come in higher trims rather than the base cars we're used to from Hyundai/Kia. I no longer have to avoid Hyundai/Kia's like the plague.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: National, Hertz
Picked up Thursday morning 10/28. Aisle looked to be mostly Camrys and Elantras with a couple of base Chargers sprinkled in. Executive was full, mostly the same. Shockingly high number of Camrys and Chargers under the canopy. One Jeep Compass and an Explorer Limited that someone was sitting in. Two Mini Cooper Countrymans but both lacked CarPlay so I passed. Across from the canopy there was a Maxima with 44k, Passat with 30k, and a handful of Silverados with over 40k. I asked the booth attendant if they had anything more interesting and she said it would likely be parked in the stalls so to ask inside the main building. No wait for National and was offered a 2020 INFINITI QX80 for my 24 hour rental. Horrible on gas but well-equipped and extremely comfortable. Staff were all pleasant but the shuttle back sat for about 10 minutes until the next one was pulling in. Make sure you leave time to get back to the terminal when you return.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:52 pm

I saw on the PHL location's arrival instruction that

"This office only services deplaning Airport customers. "

Do they check your flight ticket at the booth or is the location only accessible via shuttles and the shuttles are after security area?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.