Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:38 pm

lots of Nissans..

mid-morning on July 5:
lots of Nissans that nobody wants (apparently).
hung out for a few minutes, and eventually a well equipped Ford Explorer turned up.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: * A
was at PHL last Friday
EA: random mid size suvs, a ford 150 pickup
ES: many minivans, mid size suvs, pick ups (RAM 1500s, Ford 150s), a couple of ford flex, camry etc. There was also Ford Explorer Limited. Noticed one person taking a Ford Expedition by the time I got to the farthest bay.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta-Diamond Medallion, United-Premier 1K, Hilton-Gold, SPG-Gold, National-Executive, Hertz-Preside
It's been a few years since I've rented in PHL. I always rent a Luxury vehicle since, because I'm an Executive they usually give me a high-end European vehicle if available. Anyone have insights as to what PHL has in Luxury?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:33 am

Low inventory

Was at PHL on 6/11. About 10 people on the shuttle and when we got to the lot, there was about 8 vehicles waiting. Charger, Camry, Hyundai Tucsons, F-150, Dodge caravans, Pacifica, and an Impala. Had to
wait about 5 minutes for more cars to enter the lot but in the end decided to go with the Pacifica (test drive for a possible future purchase). They had a Mercedes in the premium lot as well as a Cadillac.

Overall, not an impressive selection. The Pacifica was nice but for whatever reason, Apple CarPlay was not cooperating. I’ve used it on countless vehicles but Maps would always place me in Toronto when plugged into the USB. Unplug, and Maps recalibrated my location back to Philadelphia. What a major inconvenience! Lastly, National failed to properly inspect this vehicle as the rear tires were low and the low tire warning came on the next morning when the tires were cold. I had to take it to Wawa to properly inflate the rear tires back to spec.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond Medallion, United-Premier 1K, Hilton-Gold, SPG-Gold, National-Executive, Hertz-Preside
An update. So PHL has no real "Luxury" section. They're sections top out at "Premium". They had two Cadillacs ATS & CTS, both moonroofless, an XLT Expedition (last body style) and a Q80. I took the Q80 though that probably wasn't the best choice for being in New Hope for a few days. I've managed.

Last edited by mfullmer; Jun 17, 2018 at 6:15 am
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:04 am

PHL last week, it was in the evening. Lot was full but nothing special. Lots of small SUVs and Altimas, Camrys, etc. They seem to have gotten several new Ford Fusion Hybrid Titaniums.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
I picked up June 21 around 1pm. They were sold out and the lot was very bare. It’s been 2 years since I have picked up here, I headed to where the EA/ES area used to be, did they move? The full-size row had a Nissan Sentra, Altima, maxima SL, Rogue and edge titanium. As I was leaving they brought up a Cadillac SRX. Across was the specialty row with a lacrosse, fusion hybrid and a Cherokee. I took the Maxima SL (never seen a higher trim Nissan) that only had 400 miles and it was great for our 1200 mile family roadtrip
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: * A
Was at PHL last weekend, es was barebones w smaller SUVs, a pickup. Ea had a dodge journey. Full size had may be 15 Tahoe/suburban/expeditions. Specialty had landrover, Mercedes gl350, infinity q80.

Picked up a Nissan Murano at the end. The counter offered a $50 upgrade fee for abytanyt but the es.

Dropped off earlier today, looked loke EA even had an Escalade along with many cans, SUVs, pickups in ES.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by noirpepper
Dropped off earlier today, looked like EA even had an Escalade along with many cars, SUVs, pickups in ES.
More than likely was parked there for overflow purposes.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:12 pm

I did a full size and premium rental for the Friday before Labor Day. I'll report back in a couple weeks.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:42 pm

Picked up today. Executive and aisle were heavy on suvs. They had very few sedans. I ended up with an Impala LT. Pretty crappy for a premium car but I had a full size as well so yeah.

fyi, they have a bigger selection on the front side. I was ready to go by then so I didnt swap out.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
12/21 ES - Light on SUVs, as to be expected for the holidays. A Dodge Journey and a Hyundai Santa Fe were about it in that department, along with a pickup truck. The rest consisted of the usual Chevy, Nissan, and Volkswagen sedans, a Chrysler 300S, and a yellow Mustang GT convertible.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:43 pm

Nothing interesting

Picked up a Maxima from the Executive Aisle on April 17th at PHL. There were lots of new Altimas, Camrys, a few what seemed to be KIA or Hyundai & some basic plain suv's.

Going back in a couple of weeks on a Sunday evening. Not expecting much, but hope they at least have a sports car.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:45 am

Thought I would provide an update - fly into PHL Friday morning on 8/2. Apparently PHL does not have any sort of premium or indulge selection where you can pay additional to upgrade to nicer cars. Managed to get a maroon Dodge Charger out of the executive selection. Not the biggest selection in the Emerald/Executive aisles - a lot of Kia sedans, a few minivans, Nissan Frontier, Dodge SUV, and an Infinity hatchback (not sure of model) pulled in as I was pulling out of my spot.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:17 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Any recent reports for PHL? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.