Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by trainman74
Returning Tuesday 6/12 at about noon...

ES was entirely SUVs.
There were two or three cars on the EA; the rest was SUVs.
Wow! Interesting to hear how the SUVs have popped up. My last few visits, I hardly saw any.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by Ritz
Wow! Interesting to hear how the SUVs have popped up. My last few visits, I hardly saw any.
I was a little surprised, too -- since it was Tuesday, I assumed people arriving Monday had snapped up much of the car inventory.

The Malibu I was returning got driven off almost before I could get everything out of the trunk; presumably they were very eager to get it turned around and put back on the aisle.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dontego
nightracerx- was it dual sunroof? Did you happen to see a Hyundai Genesis?
No it was the regular type of sunroof. No Hyundai Genesis.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: na
Originally Posted by trainman74
Sorry, I don't remember seeing any convertibles on either EA or ES -- I didn't look to see what might have been parked in any of the "specialty" areas.
back in 2008 during the summertime they used to have alot of convertibles especially in the ES aisles i grabbed one time a volvo c70 hardtop convertible they had in the aisle with a NY plate they also had a mustang and 3 pontiacs g6 convertibles with different states plates on them.Ever since a new manager took over that facility they have gotten really greedy,they have a convertible but they put it either in vip for their own peoples or they have it as a specialty behind the counter for an extremely high rate that is not worth getting.Also like a month ago i brought a one way rental from orlando an infiniti g37 which in most florida locations they have in the ES aisle.I was gonna re rent the vehicle to take back to orlando cuz the contract wouldnt let me expand my reservation so i had to re rent it but hey refused to give me the vehicle back and told me to take any from the ES which was all trucks. I was very dissapointed on how the service is in that location.they used to be much better back on 2008,now they are nothing but greedy.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by agero2k5
back in 2008 during the summertime they used to have alot of convertibles especially in the ES aisles i grabbed one time a volvo c70 hardtop convertible they had in the aisle with a NY plate they also had a mustang and 3 pontiacs g6 convertibles with different states plates on them.Ever since a new manager took over that facility they have gotten really greedy,they have a convertible but they put it either in vip for their own peoples or they have it as a specialty behind the counter for an extremely high rate that is not worth getting.Also like a month ago i brought a one way rental from orlando an infiniti g37 which in most florida locations they have in the ES aisle.I was gonna re rent the vehicle to take back to orlando cuz the contract wouldnt let me expand my reservation so i had to re rent it but hey refused to give me the vehicle back and told me to take any from the ES which was all trucks. I was very dissapointed on how the service is in that location.they used to be much better back on 2008,now they are nothing but greedy.
I think this applies to all three major rental companies at EWR, I experienced the same with Hertz and Avis at that location. Back in 2008 and 2009 they were very good but now they jacked up the prices to boost revenues. Upgrade fees for everything. I went there two times in the past two months, the VIP section was empty one time and the other time had a Ford Focus and Chrysler 200 parked there hahaha what heck?!
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by nightracerx
I think this applies to all three major rental companies at EWR, I experienced the same with Hertz and Avis at that location. Back in 2008 and 2009 they were very good but now they jacked up the prices to boost revenues. Upgrade fees for everything. I went there two times in the past two months, the VIP section was empty one time and the other time had a Ford Focus and Chrysler 200 parked there hahaha what heck?!
what a focus and a chrysler 200 in VIP??? are they off their minds wow they are worse and unloyal to members.I have filed a bunch of complaints to that location and gotten free rentals due to their nasty service.I,m from miami and you do not see that type of service there and, there is no VIP section there cuz their ES aisles have the latest and most luxurious cars to the members like the other day i returned a car at avis i decided to pass by national and see what they had.well in the ES aisle they had 2 BMW, a 328i and a BMW x3 truck i was wow they really know how to treat customers and also i saw a bunch of camaros convertibles and a few VW cc's which in EWR you would see all those cars in their grimmy so call specialty aisle and in their so call favortism VIP.Also in their EA aisle they had the new 2013 ford escapes taurus and,a volvo c30 which you know well at EWR they wont even put those in any aisles and,its only the emerald aisle which is lower than executive. Is so sad how this location changed their services and loyalty to customers back in 08 and 09 this wasn't like this at all. I have a question for you? is it true that avis there now charges an upgrade fee if you want a certain kind of car? like my mom went and shes a prefered member and she reserved a full size and she ended up getting a ford crown vic she didn't want it at all she wanted a camry and wanted to charge her another 70$ a day cuz of the make and model or they would of offer her an impala at no charge.I don't understand why they doing that cuz a camry is a full size not an X car?

Last edited by agero2k5; Jun 22, 2012 at 10:58 pm
Old Jun 23, 2012, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by agero2k5
what a focus and a chrysler 200 in VIP??? are they off their minds wow they are worse and unloyal to members.I have filed a bunch of complaints to that location and gotten free rentals due to their nasty service.I,m from miami and you do not see that type of service there and, there is no VIP section there cuz their ES aisles have the latest and most luxurious cars to the members like the other day i returned a car at avis i decided to pass by national and see what they had.well in the ES aisle they had 2 BMW, a 328i and a BMW x3 truck i was wow they really know how to treat customers and also i saw a bunch of camaros convertibles and a few VW cc's which in EWR you would see all those cars in their grimmy so call specialty aisle and in their so call favortism VIP.Also in their EA aisle they had the new 2013 ford escapes taurus and,a volvo c30 which you know well at EWR they wont even put those in any aisles and,its only the emerald aisle which is lower than executive. Is so sad how this location changed their services and loyalty to customers back in 08 and 09 this wasn't like this at all. I have a question for you? is it true that avis there now charges an upgrade fee if you want a certain kind of car? like my mom went and shes a prefered member and she reserved a full size and she ended up getting a ford crown vic she didn't want it at all she wanted a camry and wanted to charge her another 70$ a day cuz of the make and model or they would of offer her an impala at no charge.I don't understand why they doing that cuz a camry is a full size not an X car?
Yes it is very true for Avis. I had two bad experiences there recently with Avis. As Avis President's Club member, I generally get treated well at most locations. One time I had a broken Volvo S60 that I picked up from Philly and I went there to exchange a car, they downgraded me to a VW Passat, I asked to speak to the manager there, the manager showed up with a complete a$$ attitude and started to tell me they are running a business and they are in the business to make money, and damn right they are. Another time I had a luxury reservation and they gave me a Lincoln Towncar with 30k+ miles and I didn't want it, so I asked for something else, at first they tried to give me giant SUVs no one wants and told me they don't have anything else, it finally took me some efforts to get a Infiniti G37x 30k+ miles out the door but it had bald tires and squeaky/vibrating brakes. Terrible!!!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 7:51 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Sometimes VIPs ask for particular cars that may make no sense to us - could be who they work for / who they are visiting on that trip / appearance of being frugal - who knows. I've seen cars parked in VIP section at various airports that were way below what was available even in EA / ES.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

I've asked for a Chevy Cruze and Ford Fiesta as Avis CC, so not everyone wants to drive a top-of-the-line luxo car all the time.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by nightracerx
Yes it is very true for Avis. I had two bad experiences there recently with Avis. As Avis President's Club member, I generally get treated well at most locations. One time I had a broken Volvo S60 that I picked up from Philly and I went there to exchange a car, they downgraded me to a VW Passat, I asked to speak to the manager there, the manager showed up with a complete a$$ attitude and started to tell me they are running a business and they are in the business to make money, and damn right they are. Another time I had a luxury reservation and they gave me a Lincoln Towncar with 30k+ miles and I didn't want it, so I asked for something else, at first they tried to give me giant SUVs no one wants and told me they don't have anything else, it finally took me some efforts to get a Infiniti G37x 30k+ miles out the door but it had bald tires and squeaky/vibrating brakes. Terrible!!!
wow this location is super nasty.the workers are a bunch of pit bulls.they tried to give you a nasty old man town car? and then an SUV? it's money allrite cuz gas for an SUV is super pricey and they are money making smart if you forget to fill the whole tank up it's more money for their pockets.Here in florida i,ve reserved luxury and i have gotten more than a luxury car one time i,ve ended up with an infiniti m37 brand new with 4 miles on it and they put on the contract a sticker saying we gave you an upgrade with a happy smile sticker on it and the rest of my luxury rentals were either a caddy cts or a fully loaded hyundai genesis with a dvd player.and im only a preferred member not like you a president first.But next time do this call avis customer care and file a complaint against the location i,ve done it to national there a bunch of times.And now i remember one new years eve i reserved a BMW 328i and they put a base model silver chevy camaro and that car wasnt good cuz of the snow i,ve went and told them where is the bmw and told me we don't have anymore BS they had a bunch of them in the return aisle,so i walked away and went to hertz.i reserved for a infiniti g37,when i got to the aisle i ended up getting an infiniti fx 35 truck.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 7:28 am

I have had no major issues with this location. In fact, during my last rental period I arrived over 30 minutes late and asked (nicely) to have the surcharge removed without any issues. My main complaint would be regarding the ridiculous prices for the summer, but that is demand driven and folks seem willing to pay it.

Last edited by dontego; Jun 24, 2012 at 7:34 am
Old Jul 5, 2012, 9:14 am

Executive

Tons of Impalas, Malibu

2 Maximas
1 Avalon
1 Traverese
1 Jeep Liberty
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by fyaric
Executive

Tons of Impalas, Malibu

2 Maximas
1 Avalon
1 Traverese
1 Jeep Liberty
At what time did you stop by?
Were the Maximas leather?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:27 pm

July 4th.
I looked only in one of them and it was cloth!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 7:16 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by dontego
At what time did you stop by?
Were the Maximas leather?
National only seems to order the base Maximas. Nice that a sunroof is included even on the base car, but the cloth really feels cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.