Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm arriving at MCO on Sunday May 26 and I'm looking to rent an Midsize SUV or larger.

Is it worth taking the risk booking a Midsize sedan and hoping there's an SUV on the Emerald Aisle?

Also, if I book a Midsize SUV and see a larger SUV or something better on the Emerald Aisle - can I take from there?

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kmonahan
Hi all,

I'm arriving at MCO on Sunday May 26 and I'm looking to rent an Midsize SUV or larger.

Also, if I book a Midsize SUV and see a larger SUV or something better on the Emerald Aisle - can I take from there?

Thanks!

Yes, by booking anything higher than midsize sedan, you will have access to the EA.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by ucfjoe

This was A side Executive. Pretty meh. B was similar. Emerald and Exec were also very similar. Taken just now. Was offered Maserati for extra $75/day. That was an easy no.
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Rented on the A side around midnight 12/20. EE had pick-your-color Camaro convertibles and Challengers. Also a Fusion and some crossover with the lights on (maybe a Dodge Journey). I took the lone Camaro SS, fully loaded Premium and Luxury aisles I saw had the XTS among other unmemorable offerings.

-J.
Originally Posted by slariz
Was there on 1/21 around 5pm on A side. Pretty decent selection on ES, including pick-your-color Pacificas, a bunch of 5-passenger SUVS and a QX60 (base).
Originally Posted by Joonydell
Yes, by booking anything higher than midsize sedan, you will have access to the EA.

We are arriving 4/6 at MCO on Southwest around noon. . Is it worth it to book a car over the Midsize Emerald Aisle car............standard, full size, premium..............

Also we have not flown into MCO in about 8 years so can I just choose the A or B side or are they in different terminals ?

Thanks

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 13, 2019 at 7:18 pm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
We are arriving 4/6 at MCO on Southwest around noon. . Is it worth it to book a car over the Midsize Emerald Aisle car............standard, full size, premium..............

Also we have not flown into MCO in about 8 years so can I just choose the A or B side or are they in different terminals ?

Thanks
You can go to either side; of course, if you have checked luggage to pick up, it only makes sense to use the side you are already at; otherwise, you have to go up a level, cross the terminal building, then go back down again.

Last summer, I just had carryon bags; my plane landed in Terminal B, and I just went straight across after leaving the secure zone and went to the A side for the National rental.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by JAGorham
You can go to either side; of course, if you have checked luggage to pick up, it only makes sense to use the side you are already at; otherwise, you have to go up a level, cross the terminal building, then go back down again.

Last summer, I just had carryon bags; my plane landed in Terminal B, and I just went straight across after leaving the secure zone and went to the A side for the National rental.

Thanks, what car is the best to book ? Right now we have a midsize and premium reserved
Joonydell likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:48 pm

Updated inventory? Minivan/Large SUV?

Hey guys - we'll be flying in from overseas next Saturday the 2nd late evening and need a large SUV or minivan. There's 4 of us with quite a bit of luggage. We're Executive club level and have been pretty lucky the last 2 R&R trips back to the US where we were able to get minivans from the exec aisle. Can someone take a look and see what exec aisle is looking like? Anybody been there lately and care to update inventory?

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:33 am

Can someone traveling through MCO update the selection of cars on the executive aisle? We'll be there the evening of the 2nd and need a large SUV or minivan. We have a large family with lots of luggage but have been lucky the last couple of times we've been there but curious what the recent inventory is looking like. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Thanks, what car is the best to book ? Right now we have a midsize and premium reserved
What do you plan to use the car for? how many people/luggage etc? What is your status/aisle you have access to use?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
What do you plan to use the car for? how many people/luggage etc? What is your status/aisle you have access to use?
We have 2 people and 4 bags ( 2 carry on) , just short trips and a 2 1/2 hour drive from Orlando to Clearwater Beach

My wife's profile says Emerald Club, we get very good rates via her work contract but only rent maybe 10 days a year now as we use Uber in Vegas these days

Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
We have 2 people and 4 bags ( 2 carry on) , just short trips and a 2 1/2 hour drive from Orlando to Clearwater Beach

My wife's profile says Emerald Club, we get very good rates via her work contract but only rent maybe 10 days a year now as we use Uber in Vegas these days

Thanks
Well you could keep both rates if they are a spread and see what cars they have on the emerald isle. If there is nothing you like you could use the premium reservation for something nicer.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
Well you could keep both rates if they are a spread and see what cars they have on the emerald isle. If there is nothing you like you could use the premium reservation for something nicer.

I was just wondering how it worked, last time we had a premium reservation they just directed us to the Asle. Is there an actual area and sign that say premium ? Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:03 pm

I was just wondering how it worked, last time we had a premium reservation they just directed us to the Asle. Is there an actual area and sign that say premium ? Thanks
Yes, you will see a premium row. Usually, if you have a Premium or Luxury reserve and you don't like what you see, you can ask them to possibly pulling something else for you
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:55 pm

Tuesday 26th feb a side around 5pm
from what I can remember

EA
jetta
camary
malibu
Dodge Journey

EE
several v6 challengers
ram 1500 old model
vw atlas
impala
grand caravan

upgrades
2x corvettes
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:50 pm

We grabbed an Aisle car at RSW 2 weeks ago, a Camry with Apple Car play which is great for Navigation. Do most/all Aisle cars have Apple car play ? Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:55 am

All Chevys have it. A lot of Kia’s and Hyundai’s do. As for the rest it it tends to depended on the spec.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.