Cars at MCO

Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by qs933
Just wondering...if Alamo is cheaper and you'd get a full-size car, is there a specific reason to play Emerald Aisle roulette? I could see if you're building loyalty points for free days or Emerald Exec qualification, but it doesn't sound like it.

To answer your question, I think others have done exactly that (hold multiple reservations) and made the decision after looking at both choices. I don't think National charges a penalty for a no-show or late cancellation, but that could always change...
Honestly it's mostly curiosity. Last rental I did, was through Alamo, but it was a convertible, so I never really got to see what else was offered. So it's a combination of hoping for maybe an SUV or a nicer sedan on the EA, and not really knowing what I'll end up having to choose from on the Full size aisle at Alamo.

I suppose I can just mosey over to the EA and see what's available, and if nothing catches my eye, go back into the terminal and check in using the Alamo kiosks. I just hate doing that, because it ties up in the Alamo ressie if I don't actually need it.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 6:31 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Originally Posted by peteropny
I won't take a Mini-van either. But just as a reminder, you can take cars from the "regular" area at the class you reserved or below - that's self-downgrading and perfectly acceptable.
Yes, but if you do that they don't know that the upset a customer... so I tell them first!
Old Nov 11, 2010, 6:46 am

I've been a member of Emerald Aisle for two years now, but I never used it before. My understanding is that a midsize rental qualifies for Emerald Aisle service, and not Emerald Reserve. My reservation does say level of service is Emerald Aisle, so I'm not concerned about that.

On their website, it says Emerald Club membership expires without at least one rental per year. Perhaps this is not a rigid requirement.

If it says Emerald Aisle, and you bypass the counter, when would you fill out the master rental agreement?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I've been a member of Emerald Aisle for two years now, but I never used it before. My understanding is that a midsize rental qualifies for Emerald Aisle service, and not Emerald Reserve. My reservation does say level of service is Emerald Aisle, so I'm not concerned about that.

On their website, it says Emerald Club membership expires without at least one rental per year. Perhaps this is not a rigid requirement.

If it says Emerald Aisle, and you bypass the counter, when would you fill out the master rental agreement?
You get all of your paperwork at the exit booth.

Simply pick your car and drive to the booth. I hand them the hang tag from the vehicle, my DL, and my EC card. They may ask a few questions such as do you want to prepay for gas and you are done. They hand back your info and a printout of your rental agreement. It is seriously that easy.

Duds
Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast

I saw that too actually, on a different forum. But when I logged in using my EA id, the only thing it prompted me to do is update my CC information because my last one had expired. It allowed me to make the reservation and my ressie DOES say Emerald Aisle. I wonder if because I joined EA using the mousesavers code, if that's why that particular stipulation doesn't seem to apply.

From what I understand, I'll just fill out the master agreement at the booth. I do have to try and find my membership card, I can't even begin to think where I have it, and I've already looked in a few places.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
11/14/10 mco

Just left MCO. This was my first time using my Executive privledges and it was a great experience!

The EC had Impalas, a Sebring, and that's all I remember... nothing special.

The Executive Isle had Dodge Chargers, some 300's, a bunch of Kia Sorentos? (the smaller Kia), some Jeep Cherokees, and a pathfinder... I kept walking to the end and near the end was a 2011 Jeep Cherokee LTD with 1800 miles on it, I grabbed it... very nice ride! They did pull around a large Kia SUV (Borrego) when I was leaving or I'd probably had gotten that just for the space.

The staff was very nice, and the booth took care of everything no questions asked about my additional driver I requested. No more smoky enterprise cars for me.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
12/5 12:30 B side

Aisle was Malibu, Impala, one small SUV and a Sonata
Executive did have some of the BIG SUVs (Expedition) one Grand Marquis, one Camry, one 300, lots of Impalas....

I decided I liked the Sonata on the regular aisle better then anything on the Executive. 5,000 miles, nice car.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:20 am

Season Greetings! Just landed at MCO on 29 DEC 10 @1030. Pickings were slim! There were only 3 Impala's on Executive Selection. Went to talk to a manager. Explained this was my 36th rental for the year, and was it possible to get something nice? He pointed to two Town Cars in the Luxury Section. I asked about the Volo Convertible or Infinity parked next to them. He allowed me to take the Volo but not the Infinity. Not too bad for a corporate midsize rate! Have a Wonderful New Year and safe travels!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Landed 24 Dec 10 (Christmas Eve) at around 9:20 pm. A side terminal.

Executive Aisle was full of only Impalas and Chargers. Every single charger was white too. There may have been a few Sonatas in there. I think I even saw an HHR or something.

Anyways we were tired and picked up a charger, having never driven it before. Smooth check-out, and the car had only 5000 miles on it. However, the car itself is not great, but I guess I cannot fault National that Chrysler churns out garbage.

Return was easy too. Renting at MCO was a real pleasure. Now if only the I-4 was a pleasure to drive on too..
Old Jan 9, 2011, 7:04 pm

MCO Car Selection

At this location are you able to choose a car from both the Emerald Aisle and Emerald Executive rows? I'll be picking a car on 01/13 using the Emerald club service. I won't arrive until 8:00pm so would it be best to reserve a full size to ensure that I receive the size car I need?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:40 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Calael211
At this location are you able to choose a car from both the Emerald Aisle and Emerald Executive rows? I'll be picking a car on 01/13 using the Emerald club service. I won't arrive until 8:00pm so would it be best to reserve a full size to ensure that I receive the size car I need?
If you're "regular" Emerald Club, you're limited to the Emerald Aisle or your reserved size or smaller. Executive Selection is only for Executive and Executive Elite members.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Was here on the 26th and everything was fairly standard...tons of Impalas or equivalent. I got lucky and snagged a brand new Jetta with only 18 miles on it! But it was the only one, and I dropped it off at another station

(It's also not as good as I thought it would be--felt very underpowered. It was a 2011 which is somewhat downgraded in cost from previous model years, apparently, and it feels a bit cheap)
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:39 pm

MCO A Side on January 20th

Executive Selection had a bunch on Chevy Impalas and Dodge Chargers. I ended up taking the only GMC Terrain (SLT) with about 3,000 miles. The car had a backup camera and a remote ignition starter. ^
Old Jan 31, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Went by the A side Emerald Aisle at about 8pm on Thursday, January 27, and found a lineup of a couple minivans, some Chargers and Avengers, and two Camrys. I took a red 2011 Camry, and it was quite nice for all the highway driving I did this weekend. Quiet, good stereo, and the shiftable automatic wasn't too bad.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:26 pm

MCO
Feb 10, 2010 Morning
B Side
Emerald Aisle
Many Chevy Malibus & Impalas, 1 Chrysler Town & Country minivan, 1 Sebring sedan, a Mazda something, a few Jeep Patriots. I took a Jeep Patriot, just to be different. Mine had 267 miles at pick up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.