Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Cloudship
My hope is to find something with Captain's.the problem is three of the people are seniors and aren't going to be able to clamber into the back seat easily, and myself and my cousin are not small guys in either dimension. I was actually thinking of renting two cars, but worried about the other people getting lost.
There could be a 3 row SUV with captain's chairs, just make sure you check every car because some trims have them and some don't.

GMC Acadia has captain's chairs but it's pretty small for a 3-row SUV. Dodge Durango may work too. Ford Explorer has 2+3+2 I believe.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by m907
There could be a 3 row SUV with captain's chairs, just make sure you check every car because some trims have them and some don't.

GMC Acadia has captain's chairs but it's pretty small for a 3-row SUV. Dodge Durango may work too. Ford Explorer has 2+3+2 I believe.

The Acadia is the only one I've seen in the fleet with capitan chairs.. The Durango 3rd row is good but I wouldn't go with the explorer 3rd row unless you are putting children in there.. You would think since the explorer is FWD by default it would have some more room for the 3rd row vs the Durango
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:13 pm

How do tolls work with cars rented at MCO ? Do I have to ask for a toll pass or do I just get billed for every toll we go through unless we stop and pay ? Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
How do tolls work with cars rented at MCO ? Do I have to ask for a toll pass or do I just get billed for every toll we go through unless we stop and pay ? Thanks
Pretty sure it's connected to the license plate, so the latter.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:13 pm

It is tied to the plate. Just go through the SunPass lanes and you will get a bill a few weeks later. I had a 5 day rental and paid tolls daily and they only charged me the $3.95 fee once even though the receipt said per day.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:59 am

Free upgrade

I'm an on an executive status and I'll be MCO on Memorial weekend. National currently has a "free single upgrade" and if I reserve an economy which they will upgrade to a midsize. Does that mean I'm able to pick any car on Exective area?
Old May 10, 2018, 5:06 pm

I just rented on May 5th around 9:30am from Executive Aisle on B side. Here is some of what I saw on the aisle:

GMC Acadia
Chrysler 300
Ford Edge Titanium
Camaro RS
Audi Q3
Around 5 Cadillac XTS
Cadillac XT5

I took the XT5. Only had 350 miles on it. Sirius still worked.
Cadillac XT5
Old May 10, 2018, 5:14 pm

[QUOTE]I'm an on an executive status and I'll be MCO on Memorial weekend. National currently has a "free single upgrade" and if I reserve an economy which they will upgrade to a midsize. Does that mean I'm able to pick any car on Exective area?[QUOTE]

I am really not sure if that would work. You could try looking for a coupon for a free day, percent off , or money off that way you may be able to bring the price down and still get the aisle choice.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Shawnn
I'm an on an executive status and I'll be MCO on Memorial weekend. National currently has a "free single upgrade" and if I reserve an economy which they will upgrade to a midsize. Does that mean I'm able to pick any car on Exective area?
Upgrade from Economy would get you a compact. Upgrade from compact would get midsize. I think it has been discussed before,but that would not guarantee access to aisle. Would be better off booking midsize and looking for a $ off coupon.
m907 likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:46 am

Executive Aisle - 05/ 17/18 - Terminal B

It was loaded with:

1 Dodge Challenger
1 Audi Q3
1 Lincoln MKX
A few Cadillac Sedans and 1 Cadillac Mid Sized SUV
1 Camaro SS

There were a few Chargers and some other full sized cars. The cars listed above stood out though. Seems to have a good selection in the morning (0930 AM).
Old May 23, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Shawnn
It will say on your reservation one of two things:
1)Upon arrival, please proceed to the Executive area to choose your vehicle.
or
2)Upon arrival, please proceed to the area of the car class reserved to choose your vehicle.

If it says #1 then you are good to go, if it says #2 then you need to change your reservation to get the aisle.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:46 pm

Flying in on the 16th -- Hoping to get a Camaro SS in ES but will also take a hard look at the premier selection. How's the premier looking recently at MCO?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:43 am

Flying in on the 16th -- Hoping to get a Camaro SS in ES but will also take a hard look at the premier selection. How's the premier looking recently at MCO?
I'm not sure how the premier section is but I actually wanted a Camaro SS once and since it wasn't in ES, I asked the employee if he could move one around to the aisle. He came back a couple minutes later with a brand new one with only a few hundred miles on it. So the moral of the story is, don't be afraid to ask. Report back and let us know how it goes.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:19 pm

I've just reserved a "Standard Sport" with Budget MCO. Descriptor is 2-door, 4-passenger, Manual Transmission, Ford Mustang or similar. Any idea what I'm likely to get? Was totally surprised to see manual transmission as an option.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:40 pm

This is the National forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.