Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at MCO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by ChiKen
Hi everyone, thanks for the collective wealth of information you've accumulated here, it's really great.

I'm a basic EA scrub and don't rent a ton, but am always up for upgrading to something interesting when I do. I don't mind paying something for an upgrade, but would hope to get a deal. Me my wife and two toddlers will be in MCO for a Thurs-Sun trip in mid March, probably arriving late evening.

Any advice for how to finagle a decent upgrade, either to ES or perhaps even something luxury/premium? I'd probably be shooting for a well-appointed sedan, fun coupe, pickup truck, or if nothing else is available a nice SUV or van. We have a Ford Flex at home and would just want something different than normal. Related questions I have:

- It would seem from reading here that you have a better shot to upgrade on the lot rather than consulting with the counter. Would you agree?
- I'm booking on a corporate contract rate, not sure if that matters.
- Is it effective to negotiate, say by offering to prepay for gas, to get help on an upgrade?
- What range of upgrade prices have you seen on window placards for the premium upgrades? Are they all $50 or $100 a day?

As far as upgrade tags goes its randor pretty much. I've seen $75 on a 740i, $100 on a 17, $505 on a A8, and then different prices on the same model.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Gold
Can anyone advise the upgrade cars that National offers at MCO? I rented a Corvette a few years ago and would like to again since my son loves cars. In this forum I found refrence to a corvette as late as November but just wanted to know if anyone has seen one or what other cars are on offer.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:24 pm

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
I'm usually at MCO a few times a month (tomorrow next), and my only gripe is when arriving early, as in 5-6AM on the overnights, selection in the exec isle can be pretty limited compared to arriving at a more "normal" time. A few weeks ago at Friday 6AM there were ~8 cars in the exec aisle (B side) and I actually took a Mini Van from the regular isle! Still, National is by far my favorite at MCO

Last edited by lotus918; Mar 1, 2018 at 8:01 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by lotus918
I'm usually at MCO a few times a month (tomorrow next), and my only gripe is when arriving early, as in 5-6AM on the overnights, selection in the exec isle can be pretty limited compared to arriving at a more "normal" time. A few weeks ago at Friday 6AM there were ~8 cars in the exec isle (B side) and I actually took a Mini Van from the regular isle! Still, National is by far my favorite at MCO
I'm arriving at MCO around 8:30 am on an upcoming trip. Do you think the aisle will be filled by then or should I wait around for them to add cars?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:16 pm

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Originally Posted by m907
I'm arriving at MCO around 8:30 am on an upcoming trip. Do you think the aisle will be filled by then or should I wait around for them to add cars?
I'm sure you will be fine. I typically arrive 5-6AM or 5-6PM and my observation has been the afternoon selection has been better than the early morning selection. I'm sure there's a correlation between the number of cars available at a specific time and the number of reservations (i.e. most normal peopled don't travel at ungodly hours!). I'm on my way to MCO from LAX tonight so I'll update tomorrow, but National are by far the best rental company at MCO. In the last year I've had multiple Jeep Cherokees, X3, QX60, Mustang etc.
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: Independent
What do they have for 7 passenger vehicles/Minivans at MCO?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:03 pm

Update on the MCO exec aisle at 5:30AM - 5 or 6 cars on the exec side and about the same on regular.

m907 and Gammur like this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by lotus918
Update on the MCO exec aisle at 5:30AM - 5 or 6 cars on the exec side and about the same on regular.
I'm shocked at how empty the lot is from the picture that was posted! I arrived Feb 22 around 6:30/7pm and the Emerald Aisle and Exec Aisle each had about 15-20 cars and the workers were constantly pulling new cars in the spaces. I want to thank everyone for their advice on how to upgrade. When I got there the regular Emerald Aisle was pretty boring and then I saw this shiny new car in the Exec Aisle. I just walked up to the one guy and asked if I could have that even though I'm just a regular Emerald Aisle member. He said he had to check with his supervisor and within a minute I got the thumbs up. I drove away in a 2018 Nissan Murano with navigation and only 460 miles! I was sad to give the car back. The gentleman at the booth said that they never put the cars in the right aisle so it was no problem.

But while I was there the Exec aisle had a ton of cars (brand new Maxima) and a few Camaros. I was a little confused though because the Exec cars seemed like they should have been in the regular aisle- Camry, Altima? Maybe I'm wrong.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 10:07 am

And don't forget if you're really unhappy with the selection on one side of the terminal (as there's A & B) you can walk back across the terminal to the other side.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:27 pm

Try B side first!

For those who just skip to the most recent post, go to the B side first to see what’s over there. A side was extremely busy (ie zero cars) so I had to wait about 4-5 minutes for the guy to go grab a car. He literally asked me “what vehicle do you want?” So I told him a convertible Mustang and voila! A few minutes later I hop into a 5.0 GT! As I was getting situated, a Challenger and an Inifity SUV (the big model) are pulling into the EA. Such a good experience at MCO! Can’t wait to go back! Thanks, National!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:23 pm

I read in Post 76, from 2009, that MCO allows you to rent the 15 passenger vans on Free Days, but they apply the free days at the end of the rental...currently for four days it's quoting over $700.

Wondering if anyone has recent experience about renting the 12-15 passenger vans on Free Days at this location?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:33 am

Any recent updates on availability? It's been quiet on this board.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:53 am

I need to pick up a 6 passenger vehicle in MCO in a couple of weeks. What vehicles do they have there for minivans? Should I reserve one special, or are there likely to be available on the EA? Or should I book a large SUV instead?
Old Apr 21, 2018, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Cloudship
I need to pick up a 6 passenger vehicle in MCO in a couple of weeks. What vehicles do they have there for minivans? Should I reserve one special, or are there likely to be available on the EA? Or should I book a large SUV instead?

Unless its different now you'll probably find a Dodge grand caravan or Pacifica. Don't think I've seen a sienna and they wouldn't have any Hondas let alone a odessy unless it's a dealer rental.

I would have a mini van res and a aisle res ? And maybe a full size.. I would see if they have a Durango which probably would be cheaper then a full size suv in terms of gas cost and rental. As somebody who's 6 foot tall I found the 3rd row seat in the Durango to be fine actually though I would not suggest a Ford explorer . The acidia has 3 rows but I think national orders them with capitan chairs in the second row
Old Apr 21, 2018, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
Unless its different now you'll probably find a Dodge grand caravan or Pacifica. Don't think I've seen a sienna and they wouldn't have any Hondas let alone a odessy unless it's a dealer rental.

I would have a mini van res and a aisle res ? And maybe a full size.. I would see if they have a Durango which probably would be cheaper then a full size suv in terms of gas cost and rental. As somebody who's 6 foot tall I found the 3rd row seat in the Durango to be fine actually though I would not suggest a Ford explorer . The acidia has 3 rows but I think national orders them with capitan chairs in the second row
My hope is to find something with Captain's.the problem is three of the people are seniors and aren't going to be able to clamber into the back seat easily, and myself and my cousin are not small guys in either dimension. I was actually thinking of renting two cars, but worried about the other people getting lost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.