Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Many stations do this - I usually just ask the "pointing greeter" if he/she would be so kind as to downgrade my reservation to a midsize when they do that...
I like that tactic. I agree with coastercameron - being pointed to ES when one has agreed to pay more for premium reserve is an insult.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 1:46 pm

Whats the latest luxury car people have been spotting at IAD?

Thank you.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by ohhh my
Whats the latest luxury car people have been spotting at IAD?

Thank you.
They've got a couple Mercedes right now, but I think Mercedes is some sort of premium luxury category.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:51 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Saturday 12/7/2013 8am

Emerald Aisle was full, but had only 4 models (just a ton of them):

Chevrolet Malibu
Hyundai Sonata
Nissan Altima
Ford Fusion

Executive Selection was (IMO) worse than Aisle. Only 4 cars total:

Chrysler T&C
Toyota Avalon (x2)
SUV (didn't look to see what model)

Ended up taking a Malibu from the Aisle. Had the Limited Package and only 1900 miles. According to paperwork in the glove compartment, car was delivered new to IAD in November.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Sunday night, about 9pm

PS: 1 x Caddy SRX, 1 x Infiniti FX37

ES:

2 x '14 Buick Lacrosses
1 x '14 Ford Edge Limited (brand new, I took this)
bunch of Captivas, Fusion SEs, Camrys, 1 x Nissan Murano, 1 x Toyota Venza

pretty boring selection. DCA has them beat!
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:45 am

Choice Line?

Due to the better prices I usually rent with Alamo. I can remember that National and Alamo share basically even the same office space at IAD (at least that's what I can remember from 2010).

Thinking of it, I believe to recall that there even was the same choice line for Alamo and National. Can anyone confirm this or maybe this has changed?

Edit: Just took a look at Google Maps again - there seem to be not too many parking spaces for two companies, so maybe they are sharing the cars?

On another question, competely OT - an the aerial picture there is an empty lot between Alamo and Budget - does anyone know what has been here?

Last edited by at4behe1; Apr 9, 2014 at 2:59 am
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:18 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
You are correct, Alamo, National (and Enterprise) share fleets at most locations given that they are all owned by the same parent. National tends to have the lowest mileage (and highest-spec) cars, then Alamo, then Enterprise.

Alamo doesn't offer a choice of car (is this what you mean by "choice line?") like National, other than you can pick whatever car you want in your reserved class. In other words, if there are 5 midsize cars, you can pick from those but that's it. The point of the National program is that you can pick anything available on the Emerald Aisle or Executive Selection (depending on your status) with a midsize reservation, which many people like because it gets you access to SUVs, premiums, etc., which otherwise would have cost more money to rent.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:28 am

Thanks, dwbf11!

Yes, that's what I meant with "Choice Line". Interestingly I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere on their website. The ES/EA thing is similar to the Hertz GC program (pick anything up to Fullsize) and the Choice Line lets you at least pick something out of your reserved category (if there is anything to choose from at all).

So the question is basically if National and Alamo are seperating their cars at all at IAD. Is there a National lot and a different Alamo lot? Like I said I think to remember that there was the same group of cars used by both companies, which on the other hand would be somewhat surprising if National has the "better" cars usually.

(Taking a deeper thought though, I'm not that sure any more, there may even have been two seperate Choice Lines for Alamo and National)
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:37 am

I have Toyota prix 2014 model & my neighbor have the black SUV Audi Model Q7.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Wed, 4:30pm

Selection was HORRIBLE.

I had a luxury res and they had neither luxury nor premium vehicles. Manager said I could take anything on the lot. Took the least offensive vehicle, a Ford Focus SE, lol.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:23 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Wed, 4:30pm

Selection was HORRIBLE.

I had a luxury res and they had neither luxury nor premium vehicles. Manager said I could take anything on the lot. Took the least offensive vehicle, a Ford Focus SE, lol.
Yikes!! A focus on a lux reservation!!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Yikes!! A focus on a lux reservation!!
disencourages me a little bit on a 3 week FFAR reservation at friday afternoon...

still hoping for a 2015 tahoe lt with factory nav (have nav included on my reservation)
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 am
Original Poster

I wouldn't worry about your ffar reservation.

I saw several '15 Tahoes, Suburbans, & a '15 Yukon.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:47 am

Did you get your rate adjusted or are you just going to go back later and swap it out?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:21 am
Original Poster

I had used a free day so no rate adjustment. Everytime I've rented from IAD I've had a poor experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.