Cars at IAD

Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:00 pm

Arrive at Saturday morning, Nov 18. Only seven cars could be chosen, 2 Chevy Malibu, 1 Nissan Altima, 1 Nissan Maxima, 2 Chrysler 300 and 1 Nissan Frontier. Nothing else, nothing on the upgrade area. The point make me disappoint most is that almost 100 cars was stack there without clean and took the area of parking lots for EA and ES while the staff there refused to work on them. When I tried to ask if we could have a little bit more choice like a small SUV or something, they told me you just pay for a midsize car and you have SEVEN cars to choose, just choose it. What a good reason to avoid working! I even don't have the option to pay more to choose the upgrade car.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
How is the selection been recently? Is it better than BWI?
Old May 31, 2018, 1:52 pm

Any recent reports from IAD? Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
As of mid may, the best I could get was a Maxima.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 3:56 pm
TDV

Was there on the Memorial Day weekend. There were plenty of RAV4's, Tucsons, Santa Fe, F-150s, surprisingly Dodge Caravans (I normally don't see them in Emerald/Executive Aisles during the weekends), and a few Ford Fusion SEs and Nissan Maximas.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:22 am

7/4 11pm
EA/ES indistinguishable
Camry
Altima
Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Grand Caravan
Cherokee (non Grand)
Santa fe
Tucson
Sorrento
CX5
Rogue
F150
Rav4
Malibu
Outlander
Camaro
m907 likes this.

Last edited by whistler814; Jul 5, 2018 at 5:54 am
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Earlier this week: ES had a couple of Edge Titaniums, but otherwise was made up of the standard Santa Fes, Tucsons, Camrys, and Grand Caravans (GT and SXT...I needed the third row and settled for a stripped-down low mileage SXT),
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Silver; HH DM; National Exec
Went Tuesday Juy 17th early evening. Pretty few cars there, attendent said slow day at cleaning usually on Tuesdays so vehicles were being pulled out very slowly.

EA:
Equinox 2018 Premier (took that one)
Tucson
Rav4
Camry

ES:
Couple of Full Size Pickups
Santa Fe
Tucson
A Subaru Crossover
Altima
Bunch of Rogues
Toyota Sienna
Dodge Caravan
Dodge Journey

Premier:
X3
Caddie XTS
Audi A6

All of the Premier cars had a $30 upcharge. thought about getting the Audi A6 in S Line trim, but since this is a 7 day rental thought it wasn't worth it. Took the Equinox Premier cause it had great interior and decent gas mileage as opposed to Santa Fe
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Putnik
How is the selection been recently? Is it better than BWI?
Way better than BWI. This location probably has the best selection in the DC area. I'll drive an hour out of my way to pick up a car from here. Always something good in the Executive area. If not, wait a few minutes and something good will show up.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Wiley
Way better than BWI. This location probably has the best selection in the DC area. I'll drive an hour out of my way to pick up a car from here. Always something good in the Executive area. If not, wait a few minutes and something good will show up.
Having rented there almost every week since March, the selection is about as good as BWI if not worse on some days. The most "special" car I found on the aisle there is a Maxima, everything else is the usual selection.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Putnik
Having rented there almost every week since March, the selection is about as good as BWI if not worse on some days. The most "special" car I found on the aisle there is a Maxima, everything else is the usual selection.
Hmm...very interesting. I usually get some really good stuff at IAD. Got an Audi A4 in the Executive area recently. Generally will get a Tahoe or a Suburban if I hang around long enough...or at least a Ford Explorer of Jeep Grand Cherokee at the very least.

The main difference between IAD and BWI for me is the customer service. BWI acts like they're doing you a favor. I've had several outright hostile experience with National employees at BWI, yet IAD only a few miles away is almost night and day.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:36 am

Pickup up this weekend for 2.5 week rental. Executive Elite. Really want a 2019 Grand Cherokee or an Explorer. Any tips?

Edit: late afternoon Saturday

Last edited by w0r1dtrave1er; Nov 8, 2018 at 1:37 am Reason: adding time
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
Pickup up this weekend for 2.5 week rental. Executive Elite. Really want a 2019 Grand Cherokee or an Explorer. Any tips?

Edit: late afternoon Saturday
The only possible tips are 1) wait around the lot indefinitely until they pull one of your desired cars up, 2) ask an employee for one of those cars. If they don't have any you're not getting one, simple as that.
Auto Enthusiast and ginmqi like this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by m907
The only possible tips are 1) wait around the lot indefinitely until they pull one of your desired cars up, 2) ask an employee for one of those cars. If they don't have any you're not getting one, simple as that.
I looked around first. Then asked if they had any Explorers. Ended up with a nice 2019 Limited that had 1400 miles on it. Great family vehicle for 2.5 weeks
m907 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:29 pm

I was looking on national at bwi and iad and see their's a luxury suv option that says Lincoln navigator does anybody have experience getting a navigator and if not what did they receive
Joonydell likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.