Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:55 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Saturday 4pm

Ea/ES mostly regular FCARs. ES also had a 200 Convertible, Buick Lucerne and several SUVs. One minivan and a Chevy Colorado on the EA.

Specialty/premium up front by the office had an X3, Maxima, 328, and several Lincoln MKZs. There were also several large SUVs (Tahoe/Suburban/Expedition).
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: AA CK
4/19 Thursday 6pm pick up. ES - 4 Maximas, 2 Camrys, and several Traverse. Drove away the only Buick Lacrosse.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Slim pickings on a Thursday 11pm pickup. EA mostly Camrys, Impalas, a VW or two, a Dodge Avenger, and a pickup truck. ES was full of mini vans. A few SUVs of the Mazda and Dodge varieties. Drove away in a Durango.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Anyone been to IAD on a saturday morning to know what the ES aisle looks like? Currently have a res @ Hertz for Mustang GT for $550, but my corporate rate at National is $265 (midsize price) and includes LDW, and yes we can use corporate rate for leisure rentals.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:06 am

Have a reservation next month and was curious if I would be better off booking a premium, or is the ES selection comparable?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:46 pm

Had a reservation for Luxury and was given a choice of a Black MKZ or white MKZ. They had a BMW 328i and suv, but wanted another $200 to rent them. Also had every sports car next to the Lincolns, Mustang, Camaro and Challenger. Would only let me take the MKZ. Decided to check out the ES, and it was LOADED. Besides the usual Altima, Impala, Malibu, also had Charger, VW, every color 300 possible, Camry, Avalon, Taurus, Lacrosse and Genesis. Drove off with a 2013 Lacrosse with a little over 200 miles on it.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Since you took the car off the ES, did you manage to get them to change your rate down to the midsize?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Since you took the car off the ES, did you manage to get them to change your rate down to the midsize?
Since I am ES they lowered it to full size, but at mid size price. The Buick is a better car then the MKZ and saved me $30+.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Saturday, July 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Nothing spectacular but a diverse selection nonetheless. I took a 300 with 1,577 miles and working Sirius.

ES:
300s
Altimas
Avalon
Camrys
Chargers
Impalas
Journey
Malibus (1 LTZ)
Taurus

EA:
Altimas
Avengers
Captiva
Chargers
CX9
Escapes
Impalas
Journey
Liberty
Malibus
Optima
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Rented there last Monday afternoon. A very wide variety of vehicles. ES was probably 50% FCAR, 25% PCAR, 25% SUVs, EA was probably 40% ICAR/SCAR, 40% FCAR, 20% minivans and maybe a mid-size SUV. I managed to find an Equiniox LT with 2 miles on the odometer on the ES.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:21 pm

Just picked up here at 7:30 to finish my tour of the DC area National airport stations (believe me, I did have a good reason for this.. Was able to leverage weekend rates and not get any "consecutive rentals" so I can get 3 credits for it, also burning a couple 1-2-free days.)

Lot was fairly full. ES/EA were stocked. I'd give the selection a C+. Lots of impalas, Journeys, Captivas, smaller Jeeps. Only standouts on the ES were a 300c with 15000 miles that smelt a little funny and had sticky looking seats and a Malibu LTZ with 50 miles on it.

Unlike most of the auto mags, I don't hate the new Malibu and since it was new with working XM I decided to go for it. Although it only had 50 miles it somehow only had 3/4 tank of gas. The receipt from the last (first) renter of the car was inside and they even charged the poor guy for 2 gallons! I mentioned it at exit and the agent told me he would mark it at 4/8 in the computer and wrote it on the contract! I appreciate his generosity!

I am a bit concerned about how my bill will look for this rental. I picked the car up 31 minutes early, but only have it for 1 day. My contract I got shows I am being charged $20 for 1 hour and $50 for 1 day, but my 1-2-free coupon only took off $35! I am just going to see if it works itself out at return (I will be returning the car to BWI at around 5pm, so I won't get near the 24 hour line). If it doesn't hopefully they will be able to correct it on the spot!
Old Sep 29, 2013, 9:10 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Sunday, 7am:

Standouts were VW Jetta Wagon, 2014 Impala, Taurus, 2014 Avalon, Nissan Pathfinder.

The emerald and executive aisles are usually very well stocked here, One lesson with renting at IAD seems to be that it's not worth making a premium reservation. They will just point you to a premium vehicle parked in the executive aisle.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 10:01 pm

I absolutely HATE the practice of pointing premium reservations to a premium on the aisle.. I don't think the greeters realize how insulting it is to tell someone who paid extra to take from the selection they already had access to for less money.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 7:39 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
I absolutely HATE the practice of pointing premium reservations to a premium on the aisle.. I don't think the greeters realize how insulting it is to tell someone who paid extra to take from the selection they already had access to for less money.
Many stations do this - I usually just ask the "pointing greeter" if he/she would be so kind as to downgrade my reservation to a midsize when they do that (which costs the station a Premium reservation, which at a large corporate station might not make a difference but smaller ones do have to worry about that). More often than not, that prompts a "oh, Mr. dwbf11, sorry about that, why don't you check out the selection over here..." Other times, they just downgrade the reservation, and it makes no difference to me since the cost is usually less.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 7:49 am
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Many stations do this - I usually just ask the "pointing greeter" if he/she would be so kind as to downgrade my reservation to a midsize when they do that (which costs the station a Premium reservation, which at a large corporate station might not make a difference but smaller ones do have to worry about that). More often than not, that prompts a "oh, Mr. dwbf11, sorry about that, why don't you check out the selection over here..." Other times, they just downgrade the reservation, and it makes no difference to me since the cost is usually less.
On the one hand, it's nice that they put some nice cars into the aisles. But I might try your strategy, dwbf11.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.