Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at IAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:16 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
A little better selection today. On the EA, besides the ho-hum splurge of Chevys, there were a couple Chevy pick-up trucks, a Ford Escape XLT (I took this -- less than 500 miles!), and a few Ford Fusions. The ES had a LOT of Buick Lucernes, a few larger SUVs, and Chevy Impalas as well as a couple Toyota Camrys and Honda Accords.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I seem to be the only one renting from Dulles these days, but just in case there are others ...

On a Friday evening, Emerald Aisle was well-stocked with Honda Accord, kitted out Ford Fusions, Hyundai and Chevy "regulars", and a Toyota Camry. I drove off in a brand new 2011 VW Jetta with leather and 294 miles. The Executive Selection had very little -- what looked like a bunch of old Mercury Marquis (they still make those?) and little else.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I picked up a Lincoln MKS from the ES on Monday; I really struggled with whether to take that or the Honda Accord, which was the only other car of any interest...
Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:39 pm

I thought Honda doesn't usually sell to fleets, so the few Civics, Odysseys, and Accords in past rental fleets were probably purchased piecemeal. Apparently National is starting to have more Accords, so maybe they are turnback cars after all. Does the keychain say something like "risk?"
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Plat
Arrived on Monday night at 8pm and there were 2 brand new Chevy Cameros on the lot in the ES aisle.

they were packed behind 4 giant suburban type SUVs and I didn't even notice it until I griped at the lot attendant that all they had was giant gas guzzlers.

1 black, 1 bright yellow - I snagged the yellow one and out I went like a little lightning bolt!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 6:03 pm

Tuesday morning. On the luxury aisle Volvo S40, two Saab 9-3 sedans, and three Cadillac DTS sedans. On the EA, the typical mix of Chevys and bland cars. I did see a couple of the Nissan Cube cars. On the ES, Jeeps and Dodge Durangos, and also a Nissan Maxima.

We had a luxury reservation, so we took the Volvo. Interestingly, the hang tag had it marked as a "Full Size" not a "Luxury" even though it was in the luxury section.
Old May 3, 2011, 11:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by marinedjp
Arrived on Monday night at 8pm and there were 2 brand new Chevy Cameros on the lot in the ES aisle.

they were packed behind 4 giant suburban type SUVs and I didn't even notice it until I griped at the lot attendant that all they had was giant gas guzzlers.

1 black, 1 bright yellow - I snagged the yellow one and out I went like a little lightning bolt!
Bring yellow bullseye for law enforcement.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Picked up today at around 4.30 p.m.

I had a luxury booking but the selection was poor... quite a lot of Challengers, a couple of Mustangs, S60s and a pair of SAAB 9-5s.

I was told by the agent that I didn't get to choose a car and he would bring one round for me and said it'd be a VW CC. There was a lone 2011 Genesis with 12k and working XM parked in the luxury section (PCAR is the other side of the lot) and I took that rather than risk getting given whatever.

On the aisles there were plenty of 2012 Focuses and Fiat 500s in I and C and F was mostly Impalas, 2011 Chargers and Altimas, plus a few SUVs (not interested) and a Buick Regal in ES. Generally it seemed that the cheaper classes have improved but that luxury wasn't so hot.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
Picked up on Sunday, the 17th before noon and there was nothing to exciting at all in the ES or EA areas. Mainly a bunch of full size Impalas, a couple of Grand Marquis some small SUV's, a Silverado which I took with only 1800/mi on the clock.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
When I returned the Genny above there was very little to report ... premium was completely empty apart from a German taxi beige 2010 300 and a Grandma Rquis. EA was HHR central and ES was mostly Impalas with a couple of Sonatas and a 2011 Charger, from memory. Didn't get down to the luxury corner of the yard though.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:46 am

Picked up Thursday night. EA had typical Chevys (including what looked like a Chevy Camaro), a small Hyundai SUV, and Toyota Camry. The ES had a bunch of SUVs, which I wasn't interested in at all.

I picked up a VW CC off the Premium aisle, which also had a few Buick Lacrosse vehicles. It's been a great ride so far.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Presidents Club,National EE, Hilton honors Gold,hyatt Plat,MP Silver
11/18

EC..from what i can remember it had a jetta, some impala's a charger and a 300

ES.funny this is this lane looked damn near the same with the additions of a lacrosse (XM wasn't active) 4 2012's 300 and a saab 9-3 opted for the 300..

had 1 mile on it with working XM

very nice car..not alot of headroom for someone my size (6'6).. the 3.6 feels @ home in this car..not so much in the GC
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:33 pm

Just picked up ... lots of Impalas everywhere. They had a lot of Buick Regals in the ES, a VW Tiguan, some other small SUVs. In the EA, nothing of interest other than a VW Jetta and a few Japanese cars, Fords. There was a Volvo XC70 off to the side and a 2012 VW Beetle, which I grabbed. I also noticed an Infiniti G37 marked for a luxury rental.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Anyone have any recent information on the selection at IAD? Would you go with a reservation here at IAD or with DCA for EA/ES if it's a $30 difference for a 4 day weekend rental?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:48 am

Thursday night pick-up selection was not great ... on EA lots of Chevy Impalas and Nissan Altimas. There was a couple VW Jettas and one VW Tiguan with under 2K miles (which I took). ES was full of minivans, Nissan Maxima, VW Passat, Ford Edge, Jeep Cherokee and a nameless Chevy SUV, as well as a decked out Ford Taurus.

I looked, but didn't see any luxury or premium rentals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.