Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars in EA/ER at BOS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum
12/30 at approx 10 AM. ES had many honda accords, some impalas, couple 300's, chevy equinox, altimas, and a lone ford edge that I chose.

EA had some kia sorento's and Impalas. Overall the Emerald aisles were well stocked with cars.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:02 pm

New traveler, rented through National at BOS 4 times for 4 days this year. Every time I go, the lot seems pretty well stocked. In the Exec. Selection -- lots of SUVs (mid-size to full-size SUVs), Chrysler 300s, and Town&Country's. The guy who greets you off the shuttle has been real nice. Two of the times he's said they have plenty of cars and go ahead and pick from either aisle (I'm not Executive). This past rental, for the fun of it, drove away in the Expedition at the mid-size rate. A little big for a party of one. (but since I was driving an hour outside of BOS, with 6" forecasted 4/1, sounded good to me)

How does the check-out work? I don't totally understand it. Do they charge you your reservation quote price regardless of what you drive off in? I was a little concerned that by driving off in the Expedition I was automatically agreeing to the huge-... SUV price.

Thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:48 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jimmayz
How does the check-out work? I don't totally understand it. Do they charge you your reservation quote price regardless of what you drive off in? I was a little concerned that by driving off in the Expedition I was automatically agreeing to the huge-... SUV price.
You are charged for what you reserved - for Emerald Aisle ("regular" Emerald Club members) you book and pay for a Mid-Size and are entitled to take whatever cars are in the Emerald Aisle - for Executive (and Elite) members you book FullSize (and pay for Mid-Size) and take whatever cars off the Executive Selection. Any upgraded cars parked in those areas are fair game to take as a free upgrade. In your case if the Expedition was in "regular" Emerald Aisle, you are entitled to take it regardless - if it was in Executive Selection, you were entitled to it upon the direction of the greeter.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:50 pm

A family member rented with National at BOS last week. On the Emerald Aisle they saw, presumably among other things:

a few Nissan Altimas
a few Chevrolet Impalas
lots of Chevrolet Malibus
a small SUV
a Dodge Charger, which he took

The Dodge Charger was a 2010, black, 3.5L High Output, 17k mi, with FL plates. I guess it was a low mileage holdover from the FL driveout last year.

Interestingly, I heard that quite a bit of rentals in FL are painted black. Since black absorbs the heat, it's a slow seller in a hot climate like FL, so rental companies get better deals.

Last edited by Auto Enthusiast; Apr 3, 2011 at 4:08 pm
Old Apr 4, 2011, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
You are charged for what you reserved - for Emerald Aisle ("regular" Emerald Club members) you book and pay for a Mid-Size and are entitled to take whatever cars are in the Emerald Aisle - for Executive (and Elite) members you book FullSize (and pay for Mid-Size) and take whatever cars off the Executive Selection. Any upgraded cars parked in those areas are fair game to take as a free upgrade. In your case if the Expedition was in "regular" Emerald Aisle, you are entitled to take it regardless - if it was in Executive Selection, you were entitled to it upon the direction of the greeter.
Thanks for the response, very helpful.

Not that I'm suggesting this, but what stops someone who is only Emerald Aisle qualified from just walking off the bus and picking from the Exec Selection? I've never seen the greeter request verification of status level for those that go towards the Exec Seleciton. The people in the check-out toll booths have never asked either, I think they [correctly] assumed the greeter directed me to the Exec Selection even though I'm only Emerald Aisle.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jimmayz
Not that I'm suggesting this, but what stops someone who is only Emerald Aisle qualified from just walking off the bus and picking from the Exec Selection? I've never seen the greeter request verification of status level for those that go towards the Exec Seleciton. The people in the check-out toll booths have never asked either, I think they [correctly] assumed the greeter directed me to the Exec Selection even though I'm only Emerald Aisle.
The check-out booth pulls up your status - so a reasonably careful informed agent would notice - not that they all are of course.
Old May 18, 2011, 5:48 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
EE aisle had a 2011 Saab 9-5, I was quite pleased as we took a drive for a day along the north shore up to Plum Island, of course stopping at Woodman's in Essex for some fried clams.

Normal rate was $268 per day
hhdl likes this.
Old May 22, 2011, 1:40 pm

I am a frequent traveler to BOS and am a president circle with Hertz. After MANY dissapointing Hertz rentals at BOS I switched to National and as more than happy I did. I am not even exec yet but have been more than pleased at the choices I have in the regular asile. Every now and then I don't like any I see however I just stand there for a few minutes and more cars seem to show up. I will be exec after this week so looking forward to more choices.

With Hertz I rarely got a decent upgrade and the agents always looked at me like I was asking for thier first born when I wanted a different car. (Note: Hertz in other locations were fine just not BOS)
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:07 am

Renting from here tomorrow. Does anyone know if they have "plate pass" or something like it for the MA toll roads? Really would perfer not to have to sit in line to pay since I have a couple of "rush hour" trips!

Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:51 am

At the bottom of the reservation page, you can select EZPass, for $2.50/day plus cash rate for tolls. Note that this will affect the taxes.

With other rental companies, ex Hertz and Avis, some cars have an EZPass box to open. Using it automatically charges $2.50/day plus cash rate for tolls, but I don't think it then becomes a taxable item on the contract.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
At the bottom of the reservation page, you can select EZPass, for $2.50/day plus cash rate for tolls. Note that this will affect the taxes.

With other rental companies, ex Hertz and Avis, some cars have an EZPass box to open. Using it automatically charges $2.50/day plus cash rate for tolls, but I don't think it then becomes a taxable item on the contract.
Thanks!

I did find the info on thier webpage (they don't make it easy ) I had seen the "box" on the reservation page, but my experience has been that doesn't always mean they have an arrangement. (I can click it where I travel, but... it doesn't really work here so when you get here they say "sorry, but no go")
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:57 am

Boston is usually pretty good. Friday night around 8PM good choices in ES. I look for SUVs and they had, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mazda CX7, Ford Edge, Dodge Durango, bunch of town cars, Buick lucerne.

EA had a Ford Escape and then a bunch of cars I think.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by forfun
I am a frequent traveler to BOS ....With Hertz I rarely got a decent upgrade and the agents always looked at me like I was asking for thier first born when I wanted a different car.
That was my experience too...my #1 Club Gold membership from Amex Platinum states I'd get an upgrade if available. I had a 7 or 13 year agent tell me they discontinued that "years ago".

I had a great experience with National and plan on using them from now on.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:10 am

Thanks BOS!

I've been getting a lot of low mileage, loaded cars recently at DCA with Massachusetts tags; must be from you guys! Keep sending 'em here on one-ways.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta-Diamond Medallion, United-Premier 1K, Hilton-Gold, SPG-Gold, National-Executive, Hertz-Preside
Got in Friday night around 7:30p. There were some very nice cars in ES. One new Grand Cherokee (someone had nabbed it. :-( ) and a new Maxima. I ended up with a new Regal CXL with 2,400 miles on it. Lots to choose from, including some minivans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.