Cars in EA/ER at BOS

Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
regular midsize EA at BOS

I've gotten a very wide variety of cars on the EA in BOS. Dodge Caliber, Dodge Avenger, Camry, various full size sedans when I get in late from the west coast and the midsize rack is mostly empty. Often they do not have much of a selection but the cars have been OK.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Sunday 7/25 around 6pm. Exec Selection had lots of Chrysler 300s and Dodge Chargers, a few Impalas, several Lucernes, a Sonata, and a Ford Fusion.

Didn't see much of the Emerald Aisle. Did see a couple of Malibus over there.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Follow up to my earlier question...

Just finished a 1 week rental out of Boston, was upgraded on request to a fairly new CTX for the week on free nights. Total rental fees including prepaid gas was $124. Very good service.

Scott
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Rented at ~1:30pm on a Friday two weeks ago. Manager greeted me as I got off the bus. He said to take any vehicle they had since they had plenty of them. Browsed the EA and ES/ER sections for a only minute since I didn't want to take all day looking and decided on a 2011 Escape with 60 miles on it. He wasn't kidding--they had plenty of selection for me, considering that I could have taken anything. Very nice service.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Good to hear about selection. My first rental as National exec. level will be out of BOS in late Sept. Getting in around 5pm on a Monday evening. Looking forward to some nice cars out of the ES.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 9:29 am

Just checked my status online with National. It says "Executive" so I guess my rental last week cleared. So on to BOS tomorrow getting in around 5pm wondering if they will have something decent. It's a pretty suboptimal time to be picking out a car - Monday early evening.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: UA: 1k, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold
Originally Posted by businesstraveller2
Just checked my status online with National. It says "Executive" so I guess my rental last week cleared. So on to BOS tomorrow getting in around 5pm wondering if they will have something decent. It's a pretty suboptimal time to be picking out a car - Monday early evening.
It is sub-optimal. If my Tuesday 7am (after a red-eye) is any indication. There was about a dozen vehicles, all but one (a Toyota Prius) was n SUV or minivan.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: * A
I got my rental coming up in a few weeks, it would be nice to know some recent selections. TIA
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:35 pm

There were about 5-10 cars in ES when I got into BOS at 5:30pm Monday. I took a Dodge Charger (silver) which was fine. Almost everything else looked like a boat-size SUV or something akin to a black Lincoln Town Car - I did not check make/model of those they were bigger than I wanted to drive. I enjoyed driving the Charger it was a good size for me and it was silver. No leather though. The boat size cars were all black for the most part. Not good for visibility at night.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: * A
thanks for the update, I am so not looking forward to a boat
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by noirpepper
thanks for the update, I am so not looking forward to a boat
LOL let us know what you get I am curious! I do the BOS run at least several times per year. And remember there is always EA if they have only boats in the ES. Or you can learn to sail. (Also I did notice a Dodge Caliber coming out of the EA when I was in my Charger - yes I know that's only of FT's favorites )
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Had quite a few SUVs and cars on EA at BOS two weeks ago on a Saturday night around 10:30 p.m. I wavered between a Jeep and a Dodge and went with the Dodge cause it was smaller. I got it for $178 for six days. Now if I could get a good National deal for MCO next month.......they haven't been competitive there in a while.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
ES last weekend

Rented early on a Friday, ES and EA were full of SUV's, range was Caliber to Suburban. I ended up with a Ford Edge (unfortunately with 33k miles)because a passenger was considering buying one, and it worked well for the weekend. Not too many cars on the aisle aside from 6 or so Chrysler 300's and a few others I didn't pay attention to. Would consider getting an SUV a fairly likely situation if you need one in BOS
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:41 am

Boston is pretty good. At the end of August I got a minivan and the choice was between 5 town and countries and some caravans, but the ES and EA were pretty full of all kinds of stuff. Same at the end of November on a Sunday morning ES had like 30 cars and EA the same. A lot of variety, ended up with a Kia Sorrento which drove pretty well.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The ES Friday afternoon wasn't large - maybe 20 vehicles - but there was a broad selection:

- Dodge Charger
- Chevy Impala
- Chrysler 300
- Ford Escape
- Jeep Liberty
- Jeep Grand Cherokee (2010, not new)
- Chevy Equinox

Sorry, but I didn't have a look at EA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.