Cars at SAN

Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: HH Silver,#1 Gold, UAL MP,SkyMiles, ASA MP, AGR, Nat EE
Hello folks!

After a long summer of traveling around this great country, i am back in San Diego and have returned to my usual weekend rentals from National!
Just picked up a brand new 2010 Ford Flex that had only 4 miles when i picked it up from the ES Aisle.. yes the ES Aisle. There was that, along with some Sonata's, Altima's , a '09 Taurus, and some Malibu's in the aisle this evening. The Flex has pretty much all extra options, Sirius, MS Sync, cloth seating tho. EA had HHR's and some G6's from my vantage point. As usual i will be returning this rental on Sunday and will have a report Sunday evening.

Regards,
Nick
Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, AS MVPG 75K, SPG LTP (BONVOYED), Hyatt Diamond aka WoH Glob, HH Diamond
They now carry Volvo S60's. Picked up one with 1K miles on it.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:39 pm

Happy, hope you enjoyed some of the S60's there.. they arent bad except for the gas mileage. And to the rest of the folks, i will be renting from National tomorrow, so expect my usual report in the evening.

Nick
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:05 pm

Any new reports nick? Going to SAN in a couple weeks.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
Next month may be my first time renting from National, as well as from SAN... I read this thread, am just wondering what is the best class to rent for a decent price (and maybe upgrade later?) Also, any SAN-specific codes? This would be weekend, Th-Mon, thanks in advance
Old Oct 20, 2009, 2:20 am

Hi guys.. Sharon, i think the best choice in San Diego would be a Fullsize car.. generally it can be anything from an Impala, to Magnums. Premium is anything from '09 Taurses (which are a personal favourite of mine in that class at SAN), to Grand Marquis. Not too many specific codes for SAN from what i can tell, generally the weekend rates here in San Diego are some of the best in the nation. As for my next report folks! It will not be till after the first of the month! I am currently in Chicago and returning Wends. I have no travels planned at this time till after the 1st, when is which i will have a report!

Nick
Old Oct 29, 2009, 2:02 pm

I have another rental in SAN myself next weekend. I never had any problems with National in SAN, and I have always gotten good clean cars there, but they never seem to have a good selection of cars. I never see any SUV's in the emerald or executive section. Last time I was there it was a choice between an Imapala, Malibu, or Altima...
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:27 pm

Just wanted to post an update from my rental of Oct 31 to Nov 4. I arrived around noon and saw plenty of cars in EA and ES. I saw several Camrys, Tauruses, Altimas, Fusions, Impalas, Malibus, and a Volvo Wagon (v50 or v70???)! Ended up with the Fusion because i didn't want to roll around in Volvo Wagon.

However, I had to return the Fusion a couple days later around 5pm because the check engine light came on. At that time, there were many SUVs in EA which included a Murano, Rogue, Pathfinder, and Escape. There were also plenty of SUVs in ES which included an Escape, Pathfinder, Edge, and several others. There were also several 300s, Tauruses, Hyundais, Suzukis, and other domestic full size. No Volvos this time around.

Anyway, I hope that helps.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:37 am

Sounds like my V70 is still hanging in there! Folks, ill be picking up a rental tomorrow evening for a trip over to Phoenix for the weekend! I'll have a report sometime then!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 5:32 pm

Hey guys, picked up my car around 1pm this afternoon, EA was pretty empty with some Beetles, a Mazda 5, and that was it. ES however was chocked full of cars. 2 Towncars were on the ES, plus some Altima's and Galants, a PT Cruiser and HHR also popped up along with 2 Fusions. I took one of the Fusion's since i'm driving to Phoenix this weekend. Hopefully nothing is up with this car along the way, or might have to go visit Pam for an exchange! I'll have a report when i return the car Monday afternoon on whats currently on the lot at that time.

Nick
Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HH Diamond
3/30 options

I was there this week. Pretty poor compared to visits last fall - lots of HHRs, Hyundais and Corollas. I took an Aura, the best of the lot (so I thought at 11pm).

In Nov and December I got a new Kia SUV 9better than a minivan) and a <2000 mi Charger. Would have loved either of those instead of the smelly Aura .
Old May 2, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: DL GE
Does SAN still have two lots?
Old May 16, 2010, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by pragakhan
Does SAN still have two lots?
What do you mean by two lots?
Old May 31, 2010, 9:15 pm

Pretty sparse on Saturday. Plenty of cars on Sunday.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:28 pm

Arrived Tuesday 8/18 @ 2pm

Executive Selection had a half-dozen Grand Marquis, a base Charger, a Camry, an uploaded Malibu, a F-150 and 2 Chrysler 300 Touring (I took the one with 3500 miles and sat radio still active).

Didn't love the selection but at least mine has Sirius/XM.

- RightD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.