Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at ORD (Chicago)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
Executive Selection from the last few weeks

I rent here Sunday - Thursday every week... Here is a list of cars I have had from the Exec. Selection the last few weeks

Ford Explorer (1900 miles) (By far my favorite rental car)
Volkswagen CC
Honda Accord (about 20,000 miles)
Chevy Tahoe (A few times)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Chevy Suburban
Chevy Traverse
Buick Regal (though some of my coworkers love this car, im not a fan)
Mustang Convertible (Not on the lot, but I asked, and the guy brought it to me)
Ford Flex
Ford Edge (2nd favorite)
Dodge Durango (impressed what they have done with the new Durangos)

The lot has changed a bit. They have lots of Impala's on the lot, but usually if I wait around a bit, they will bring something nicer

The staff at this location are fantastic!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
I'm really sicked of seeing all those ugly Impalas just sitting in the Aisle/Exec area every time I rented a car at ORD. C'mon National, you know none of your elite members want to drive (or even see them) in the lot!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Gold, National Emerald Club, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Rented from the Aisle last week at this location.

There were the usual Impalas, Camrys, Mazda5, Jeeps. Oh! And there was also a Ram pickup.

Was pretty impressed with the selection, for a change
Old Oct 8, 2011, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
A very wiped-out EA/ES selection on a holiday Friday night at 9pm.

EA: A couple of vans, a couple of Impalas, a couple of small SUVs
ES: Two Traverses, a 300, a Grand Marquis, two Impalas, two Suburbans, and two Silverados.

I ended up with a base model Traverse - 4-cyl, a 2-way power seat, and no XM. For $58 all-in for 3 days and half a 1-2-Free credit to use in PHX during Spring Training, I certainly won't complain.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
Did two-day ES rentals two of the past three weekends -- 1/ Nissan Maxima with 14K, nice car 2/ Volkswagen CC, 12K, working XM.

Not many other attractive options. Both rentals were about noon on Fridays.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 4:21 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
A very wiped-out EA/ES selection on a holiday Friday night at 9pm.
holy cow, wiped-out is an understatement. I rented on Sat night & there was nothing but Impalas
Fully agree with the following:
Originally Posted by ktjan
I'm really sicked of seeing all those ugly Impalas just sitting in the Aisle/Exec area every time I rented a car at ORD. C'mon National, you know none of your elite members want to drive (or even see them) in the lot!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
holy cow, wiped-out is an understatement. I rented on Sat night & there was nothing but Impalas
Fully agree with the following:
The 2012 Impalas should have the 300+ hp engines from the Caddy CTS. Maybe somewhat more interesting to drive?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: United 1K
Can't stand all those Impalas at ORD.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This past Monday at 8:30am.

EA:
- A Silverado. I'm pretty sure it's the same Silverado that I saw there three weeks ago on the ES, and they just moved it over to the EA.
- A lot of Mazda 6s
- A few Impalas that were going fast
- A variety of minivans and smaller SUVs. I was with a coworker who was doing the renting, so we took a Jeep Liberty.

ES:
- Several Grand Cherokees
- Several pickup trucks
- A mix of full size vehicles such as Sonatas, Impalas, etc.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Amex Plat
Terrible selection on Friday 10/28 around 4pm... almost all Impala's, one truck, and one mini van. Had to ask the agent to bring out an intermediate SUV, and the worker she called was "too busy" to bring it, but another couple of calls convinced them to bring one out. Was a Mitsubishi SUV (Endeavor?). Not super impressed with the Mitsubishi SUV. I believe the Mazda CXi is still my favorite.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Are cars at ORD pre-enrolled in tollpass or do I need to ask on the way out?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:40 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ellinj
Are cars at ORD pre-enrolled in tollpass or do I need to ask on the way out?
You need to ask for the transponder upon checkout.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 9:32 pm

Rented here last week. Almost all cars on the executive aisle had around 20,000 miles. I hung around a little while since I was early, but nothing came out. Checked the emerald aisle and found a newer impala.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Was at ORD this past Friday evening, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday afternoon. EA/ES areas were both packed with vehicles, so much so that a couple of the ES sections had cars parked in the driving area so that cars parked in the parking spots would not be able to be chosen (unless you moved the other cars first).

On Friday evening, there were your standard mid/full-size GM brands, along with other standard Camrys, Altimas and a Fusion. Also available were a couple of minivans (Chrysler/Dodge brand), lots of different SUVs, from Tahoes to Sorrentos. 2 pickups as well. Because I was buying a mattress (!), I chose a Silverado quad cab (which, I noted, had a tow hitch though I did not use it!).

On Sunday afternoon, less selection (i.e., more filled with standard mid/full-size sedans) but still packed. I noted that there was a leather Mazda SUV (CX-9 or 7?) in ES and still a handful of other mid and full-size SUVs. I walked over to EA and chose a Sonata, as I had not yet driven the new (or, as the case may be, not-so-new-anymore) Sonata. Standard model with 15k miles, BUT still had active XM.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Saturday at noon, ES was jammed full with an incredible lack of interesting cars: Impala, Charger, Altima, Grand Caravan, Journey. Repeat. Repeat. A couple of Mitsubishi Endeavors, Mazda 5, and Crown Vics tossed into the mix just to annoy people. EA was mostly the same, but with midsizes tossed in instead of the Crown Vics.

I ended up taking a 2011 Journey because it had working satellite radio. Unfortunately, once I got it out on 294, I realized it also has 19k on it and a rather annoying need for a wheel alignment. I guess they figured that when their weekend prices are down to $9/day+tax after coupons ($16/day with $20 off a 3-day rental) that they can just put the garbage in the ES and save the nicer cars for the corporate folks on Monday morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.