Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at ORD (Chicago)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 8:24 am

Premium/Luxury at ORD

Can anyone give a recent situation report on the Premium and Luxury offerings at ORD?

Also due to arrive on a Friday at about 6pm..- staying at airport hotel..- better choice on the Friday or wait till Saturday morning ???
Old Feb 16, 2009, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by ikpearce
Can anyone give a recent situation report on the Premium and Luxury offerings at ORD?

Also due to arrive on a Friday at about 6pm..- staying at airport hotel..- better choice on the Friday or wait till Saturday morning ???
Hey ikpearce, did you make your rt. 66 cross-country drive yet?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hyatt-ist, SPG/Marriott Gold
Premiums at ORD

At a recent rental in late Feb, the cars I noticed in the non-Emerald premium section were:
-a sparsely equipped Dodge Charger
-a well-equipped Ford Taurus
-a Grand Marquis (didn't note options)

One thing that is frustrating at ORD is that even there may be 9 cars in each section, they're three rows of three cars parked in front of each other so only 3 are available to choose from at any one time . . . or at least that's been my experience.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:00 am

Cars at ORD

Drzoidberg,

No route 66 begins in 8 weeks.... Hence checking on available cars at ORD.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
From a few weeks ago

Originally Posted by ikpearce

I got a luxury car a few weeks ago, only DTSs- that sucked. But at least they shoveled out the snow to my car and cleaned it off. As far as the Exec. Selection, my experience has been that Sat. Morn. is much better than Fri. night at ORD. Not too early Sat. Morn., after 9 or so. As far as Emerald Reserve, all luck of the draw but I'd guess Sat. morn. is better too. Of course if you have time/patience you can always check it out Fri. night and just take the shuttle back if there's nothing to your liking. Also, depending on where you're staying you may have to pay for parking for Fri. night.
Old May 29, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K (woohoo), SPG Gold, HH Diamond, MR Silver, Avis Worst, National Exec Elite; Destinations Many
Anyone had any recent experience with the EE aisle? I will be arriving on Friday afternoon 6/5 and will have alot of luggage so hoping that I can grab an SUV or something similar. Thanks
Old May 30, 2009, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I was there a couple of times last month, once on a Saturday, once on a Sunday. Both times, there was a good mix of larger cars and smaller SUVs for EE, but not a lot of full-size SUVs. I got a Ford Edge one of the times with 7 small pieces of luggage (for 3 of us) and was very happy with it.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:44 am
Suspended

Sat. Afternoon

Slim pickings yesterday in the EA and ES. Didn't bother to look at the cars in the EA- only three there (one looked like a vibe and one a g6). The ES had 7 cars but car I'd never seen there b/f Pathfinder. So ES was 2 Impalas, 2 Pathfinders, one Amanti, one Avalon, and one Lucerne.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Sun. night

EA and ES aisles were packed tonight. Lots of minivans and suvs as well as Taureses and Altimas in the ES. Pretty sweet.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
Talking Happy!

This has been week 6 in a row of renting from ORD and I have been very happy!
Week 1) 09 Nissan Murano
Week 2) 09 Altima
Week 3) 09 Nissan Murano
Week 4) 09 Ford Edge
Week 5) 09 Ford Edge
Week 6) 09 Chevy Tahoe (They had tons of suburban's, tahoes, and sequoia's on the lot!)

Looking forward to seeing what I get the next few months as I come in and out of Chicago
Old Jul 3, 2009, 3:37 pm

What type of mid-suv's do National carry

Hey All!

Can anyone checkout for me what types of mid level SUV's National have at chicago?

Also can anyone help me out with how much it would cost at counter to upgrade?

Thx
Old Jul 3, 2009, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Last time I was there they had Highlanders and Edges in the Executive Selection. I suspect that the Highlander might be a full size, but I really liked the Edge.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: United- 1K, National-ExSelect, Hilton- Dia, Marriott- PlatPrem, Hyatt - Diamond
I posted a few posts up with what cars ive recieved, here are the last few rentals ive recieved.

09 Ford Edge
09 Dodge Charger
Ive had an 09 Lincoln MKX for the past 2 weeks. All from the Executive Select lot.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 11:23 am

Suv's at ORD

Any update on this everyone?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
I picked up off ES on Sunday afternoon. No SUVs in EA/ES at all. Lots of Dodge Chargers, Ford Tauri, and Chevy Impalas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.