Cars at DEN

Old Jul 1, 20, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Case1096 View Post
At CVG last Monday they had tons of cars in the return lane and nobody available to clean them.
That too. They let go of a ton of people and I doubt they're going to be hasty bringing them back. Even as traffic picks up they're still running barebones staff at their locations.
Old Jul 8, 20, 7:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Update... we rented from DEN and the Executive Aisle was probably only 25 percent full. The usual full size cars, Jeeps, etc. The only standouts were a Nissan Armada and a decked out Toyota Highlander. We took the Highlander.
Old Jul 17, 20, 9:28 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite
If you have a morning arrival you should be fine. They moved things around. Alamo now using emerald aisle spots. Executive and regular aisle merged. But if you are executive they let you pick from the premier selection which had multiple Armada trucks, I took the Audi Q7. We picked up at 9am on a Saturday.
Old Jul 29, 20, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Case1096 View Post
If you have a morning arrival you should be fine. They moved things around. Alamo now using emerald aisle spots. Executive and regular aisle merged. But if you are executive they let you pick from the premier selection which had multiple Armada trucks, I took the Audi Q7. We picked up at 9am on a Saturday.
Any idea if this is still ongoing? I'm arriving around 10AM on Friday and plan on doing quite a bit of driving over the weekend so something nicer sounds appealing.
Old Aug 1, 20, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA View Post
Any idea if this is still ongoing? I'm arriving around 10AM on Friday and plan on doing quite a bit of driving over the weekend so something nicer sounds appealing.

Update - still ongoing. A rep came over to me while I was browsing the executive selection and asked to see proof of EE status then said I could take anything, including premier. There were multiple Q3s, a GLC300, LR Discovery and a plethora of 330i. Ended up taking one of the 330s.
Old Aug 10, 20, 9:03 pm

I was back at DEN this past weekend as well. Reserved full size and was allowed to choose from Exec aisle and premier. There was a Range Rover Velar, a few 330s, a GLC300, Infiniti Coupes and Q3s. I went with the Velar.
Old Aug 13, 20, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA View Post
Update - still ongoing. A rep came over to me while I was browsing the executive selection and asked to see proof of EE status then said I could take anything, including premier. There were multiple Q3s, a GLC300, LR Discovery and a plethora of 330i. Ended up taking one of the 330s.
Did they ask specifically for Executive Elite or just Executive? Case1096's post above seems to suggest Executive is also allowed to take from premier? I'm renting from DEN next week and wouldn't mind a 330, of course.
Old Aug 13, 20, 4:23 pm

Programs: EA / HH / Hyatt / Marriott Ambassador
Anyone know if EA has any minivans? We are flying in tomorrow and theres 6 of us.
Old Aug 16, 20, 7:48 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by peterparker20 View Post
Just out of curiosity ---

I've only rented a car once in my life before personally (got a Titanium Ford Edge/ Escape from National ES).

I still have the Executive status ...

I'm planning a one-way road-trip from Denver to Chicago. Just me, just 2-3 days.
Price being very similar, should I take my chances on the Exec Aisle at National in Denver ..... or try renting an Audi A4 from Silvercar?

Something that's sorta fun to drive a long stretch but also has good highway MPG would be ideal.
Not sure if I should gamble with the Exec Aisle --- don't really want an SUV unless it has great MPG. But ... also not sure what I should be looking for. Not a car guy.

Should I just try Silvercar --- how likely will I get something more fun in the Exec Aisle?
In the past Exec aisle was a no brainer for choice of vehicle except in very unusual circumstances or when dealing with Midwest Car Corp (which you won't deal with anymore unless in WI). Lately, it seems like Enterprise has almost destroyed the old National Aisle/Executive Aisle programs with limited vehicles and/or vehicles in poor condition, and limited staffing levels to provide the previous level of customer service seen before the pandemic. National relied heavily on the business traveler who paid a high per day rental rate. Business travel is largely grounded at this point so National's base customer has literally disappeared.
Old Sep 1, 20, 7:47 pm

Programs: National Emerald Club/AAdvantage/Hilton Honors
Any updates? Will be out in a couple weeks. Hoping Premier is still going on. What types of vehicles are you guys seeing?
Old Sep 6, 20, 8:53 pm

I rented from DEN 9/2 - 6, picked up at 6pm (Wednesday).

Premier: a few basic BMW 330i and Audi Q3 with ~$30/day upgrade fee
Executive: Pretty slim pickings. Ended up with a Nissan Armada SL (17k miles). A ton of Dodge Caravans.
Standard: Mainly Ford Edges and Jeep Cherokees. Lot of Nissan sedans.

Also noticed a few pick ups.
Old Sep 7, 20, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Hugh Boos View Post
I rented from DEN 9/2 - 6, picked up at 6pm (Wednesday).

Premier: a few basic BMW 330i and Audi Q3 with ~$30/day upgrade fee
Executive: Pretty slim pickings. Ended up with a Nissan Armada SL (17k miles). A ton of Dodge Caravans.
Standard: Mainly Ford Edges and Jeep Cherokees. Lot of Nissan sedans.

Also noticed a few pick ups.
Were they not allowing Premier upgrades anymore?
Old Sep 7, 20, 10:50 am

I did not bother to inquire. The Armada was the only full size SUV on the lot and grabbed it.
camk500 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 20, 9:44 am

Late evening arrival (10 pm) - choice of 3 small/midsize cars on the lot. A couple suvs held for reservations. Went to hertz which was empty as well but they were able to find a spare grand cherokee on pc reservation.
Old Oct 4, 20, 9:32 am

Went through here a few weeks ago. 18 mini vans. Had to wait if you wanted something else. Ended up with a Yukon XL Denali. Had a cracked windshield and had to return as it started spreading. Again. Had to wait. Ended up waiting an hour for something decent and got an Audi Q7. Driving down the interstate the window trim blew off. Again. Back to the lot. This time on Tue. Lot was full of your average Nissans etc. explained the situation and was offered anything on the lot. Grabbed a Jag F-Pace from Premier. Other choices were a Mercedes SUV and a few 3 series BMW. Staff was super helpful. Very apologetic as well for the wait

Search this Thread
Search Engine: