Cars at DEN

Old Feb 29, 20, 7:37 pm
  #451  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NYC
Programs: DL gold, HH gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 8
Why did you take Durango over GLA? Just curious
flyernathan is offline  
Old Feb 29, 20, 11:44 pm
  #452  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,607
Originally Posted by flyernathan View Post
Why did you take Durango over GLA? Just curious
I'm not him, but the GLA is a dinky made-in-China "SUV" that's barely bigger than a Corolla. And the "luxury" brands are usually lacking basic options common in regular brands. I'd take the Durango too. Don't fall for the brand marketing.
m907 is offline  
Old Mar 1, 20, 8:47 pm
  #453  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: NYC
Programs: DL gold, HH gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by m907 View Post
I'm not him, but the GLA is a dinky made-in-China "SUV" that's barely bigger than a Corolla. And the "luxury" brands are usually lacking basic options common in regular brands. I'd take the Durango too. Don't fall for the brand marketing.
Ahh I see! Thanks!
flyernathan is offline  
Old Mar 5, 20, 7:40 pm
  #454  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: MSP
Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Posts: 284
Originally Posted by flyernathan View Post
Why did you take Durango over GLA? Just curious
Originally Posted by m907 View Post
I'm not him, but the GLA is a dinky made-in-China "SUV" that's barely bigger than a Corolla. And the "luxury" brands are usually lacking basic options common in regular brands. I'd take the Durango too. Don't fall for the brand marketing.
Exactly. Once my dad and I sat in it, it was a quick nope. We were going into the mountains, and wanted something with a little more ground clearance...almost took a truck.
bloc0102 is offline  
Old Mar 19, 20, 9:37 pm
  #455  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Posts: 2,569
BMW 7 series sitting on the Executive Aisle here over the weekend...a difficult choice between that and the Camry parked next to it lol
btonkid12345 is offline  
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:45 am
  #456  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1
Yesterday morning in Executive Selection:
Volvo S60 T6 Inscription
Audi A5
Audi Q5
​​​​Cadillac XT4
Ford Explorer
Ford Expedition
Chevy Tahoe
Chevy Camaro
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Salamander1 is offline  
Old May 13, 20, 2:30 pm
  #457  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,187
How is National handling the shuttle bus during the virus lockdown? Are they running it more often, with fewer people? It's been a sardine can the last 10 or 20 times I have flown into DEN, and if they are still packing people in I might just pick a slightly less favorable flight to COS instead.

Any recent experiences?
Qwkynuf is offline  
Old Jun 5, 20, 1:24 pm
  #458  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Programs: National Executive Elite
Posts: 35
For some reason my reservation was changed from Aisle to Counter. When I go through the reservation process again it shows me the Aisle categories. I have 2 other rentals before and after that July 2020 trip at other airports and no issues. Wondering if DEN is doing something different for car selection now.
Case1096 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 20, 1:29 pm
  #459  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,187
Originally Posted by Case1096 View Post
For some reason my reservation was changed from Aisle to Counter. When I go through the reservation process again it shows me the Aisle categories. I have 2 other rentals before and after that July 2020 trip at other airports and no issues. Wondering if DEN is doing something different for car selection now.
Seems like it. I was there a couple of weeks ago and there were zero cars on the aisle. There were about 5 of us standing there waiting with a national rep, and she was using a walkie talkie to call for cars to be brought up from the back. It was pretty much Hobson's Choice, though she did ask if there was something specific I was looking for (after I passed on a Nissan Sentra). I took the next thing to come out, which turned out to be an Infiniti (QX80? Whatever they call the fancy version of the Armada). Way more car than I needed, but I *really* hate Sentras. I will be back in two weeks, and if they are doing it the same way I will probably ask for a Wrangler.

Edit: I should also mention that I accidentally left my Bose headphones in the cargo area of that Infiniti when I dropped it off, and the National Lost & Found system actually worked. I had to pay 38 bucks to have them shipped back to me, but that was cheaper than buying something new to replace them.
Brandinho1 likes this.

Last edited by Qwkynuf; Jun 5, 20 at 2:56 pm
Qwkynuf is offline  
Old Jun 5, 20, 11:52 pm
  #460  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,607
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
Seems like it. I was there a couple of weeks ago and there were zero cars on the aisle. There were about 5 of us standing there waiting with a national rep, and she was using a walkie talkie to call for cars to be brought up from the back. It was pretty much Hobson's Choice, though she did ask if there was something specific I was looking for (after I passed on a Nissan Sentra). I took the next thing to come out, which turned out to be an Infiniti (QX80? Whatever they call the fancy version of the Armada). Way more car than I needed, but I *really* hate Sentras. I will be back in two weeks, and if they are doing it the same way I will probably ask for a Wrangler.

Edit: I should also mention that I accidentally left my Bose headphones in the cargo area of that Infiniti when I dropped it off, and the National Lost & Found system actually worked. I had to pay 38 bucks to have them shipped back to me, but that was cheaper than buying something new to replace them.
$38? Do you live overseas?
m907 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 20, 12:34 am
  #461  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,187
Originally Posted by m907 View Post
$38? Do you live overseas?
pshhh. I wish.

No, that was to send them FedEx ground from Denver to Washington State. Still cheaper than buying them new, I guess.
Qwkynuf is offline  
Old Jun 8, 20, 3:52 am
  #462  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,607
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
pshhh. I wish.

No, that was to send them FedEx ground from Denver to Washington State. Still cheaper than buying them new, I guess.
Then they weren't charging you $38 for shipping...it would cost $10-$12.
m907 is offline  
Old Jun 8, 20, 3:29 pm
  #463  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,187
Originally Posted by m907 View Post
Then they weren't charging you $38 for shipping...it would cost $10-$12.
I am not sure that I understand your distinction. My headphones were in Denver. I paid them $38 and they showed up in a box at my house. I am pretty sure that they shipped them.

If you are suggesting that they charged me more than their direct cost for postage, that seems pretty obvious. If it were my company, I would expect to recover the cost of labor and materials for the packaging and shipping, wouldn't you? Don't get me wrong, I would have *loved* for them to offer to send them to. me for free, as a customer service gesture, but it's not like it was their fault that I left them sitting there in plain sight and walked away.

I did have the option of having them hold the headphones until I could pick them up, but I won't be back in Denver till next week and wanted to have them for a trip this week. I don't believe that there would have been a fee for that.
Qwkynuf is offline  
Old Jun 9, 20, 8:27 am
  #464  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,607
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
I am not sure that I understand your distinction. My headphones were in Denver. I paid them $38 and they showed up in a box at my house. I am pretty sure that they shipped them.

If you are suggesting that they charged me more than their direct cost for postage, that seems pretty obvious. If it were my company, I would expect to recover the cost of labor and materials for the packaging and shipping, wouldn't you? Don't get me wrong, I would have *loved* for them to offer to send them to. me for free, as a customer service gesture, but it's not like it was their fault that I left them sitting there in plain sight and walked away.

I did have the option of having them hold the headphones until I could pick them up, but I won't be back in Denver till next week and wanted to have them for a trip this week. I don't believe that there would have been a fee for that.
Yes, they charged you more than their actual cost. But it sounds like they told you the $38 was solely for shipping. That's what irritates me. They should be honest and call it a lost and found fee.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
m907 is offline  
Old Jun 9, 20, 11:27 am
  #465  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 8
Emerald Executive Aisle Recent Experience

Any recent post-covid pickup experiences with the emerald executive aisle? Have a 2 week rental booked and will be traveling into the mountains, so hope to get a full-size suv (would settle for a truck). I saw a few posts back that they are summoning everyone to the counter and issuing cars as the aisles have been empty.
Baflyer11 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: