Cars at DEN

Old Feb 29, 20, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL gold, HH gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist
Why did you take Durango over GLA? Just curious
Old Feb 29, 20, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyernathan View Post
I'm not him, but the GLA is a dinky made-in-China "SUV" that's barely bigger than a Corolla. And the "luxury" brands are usually lacking basic options common in regular brands. I'd take the Durango too. Don't fall for the brand marketing.
Old Mar 1, 20, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL gold, HH gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by m907 View Post
I'm not him, but the GLA is a dinky made-in-China "SUV" that's barely bigger than a Corolla. And the "luxury" brands are usually lacking basic options common in regular brands. I'd take the Durango too. Don't fall for the brand marketing.
Ahh I see! Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 20, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by flyernathan View Post
Exactly. Once my dad and I sat in it, it was a quick nope. We were going into the mountains, and wanted something with a little more ground clearance...almost took a truck.
Old Mar 19, 20, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
BMW 7 series sitting on the Executive Aisle here over the weekend...a difficult choice between that and the Camry parked next to it lol
Old Mar 26, 20, 12:45 am

Yesterday morning in Executive Selection:
Volvo S60 T6 Inscription
Audi A5
Audi Q5
​​​​Cadillac XT4
Ford Explorer
Ford Expedition
Chevy Tahoe
Chevy Camaro
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old May 13, 20, 2:30 pm

How is National handling the shuttle bus during the virus lockdown? Are they running it more often, with fewer people? It's been a sardine can the last 10 or 20 times I have flown into DEN, and if they are still packing people in I might just pick a slightly less favorable flight to COS instead.

Any recent experiences?
Old Jun 5, 20, 1:24 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite
For some reason my reservation was changed from Aisle to Counter. When I go through the reservation process again it shows me the Aisle categories. I have 2 other rentals before and after that July 2020 trip at other airports and no issues. Wondering if DEN is doing something different for car selection now.
Old Jun 5, 20, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Case1096 View Post
For some reason my reservation was changed from Aisle to Counter. When I go through the reservation process again it shows me the Aisle categories. I have 2 other rentals before and after that July 2020 trip at other airports and no issues. Wondering if DEN is doing something different for car selection now.
Seems like it. I was there a couple of weeks ago and there were zero cars on the aisle. There were about 5 of us standing there waiting with a national rep, and she was using a walkie talkie to call for cars to be brought up from the back. It was pretty much Hobson's Choice, though she did ask if there was something specific I was looking for (after I passed on a Nissan Sentra). I took the next thing to come out, which turned out to be an Infiniti (QX80? Whatever they call the fancy version of the Armada). Way more car than I needed, but I *really* hate Sentras. I will be back in two weeks, and if they are doing it the same way I will probably ask for a Wrangler.

Edit: I should also mention that I accidentally left my Bose headphones in the cargo area of that Infiniti when I dropped it off, and the National Lost & Found system actually worked. I had to pay 38 bucks to have them shipped back to me, but that was cheaper than buying something new to replace them.
Brandinho1 likes this.

Last edited by Qwkynuf; Jun 5, 20 at 2:56 pm
Old Jun 5, 20, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
Seems like it. I was there a couple of weeks ago and there were zero cars on the aisle. There were about 5 of us standing there waiting with a national rep, and she was using a walkie talkie to call for cars to be brought up from the back. It was pretty much Hobson's Choice, though she did ask if there was something specific I was looking for (after I passed on a Nissan Sentra). I took the next thing to come out, which turned out to be an Infiniti (QX80? Whatever they call the fancy version of the Armada). Way more car than I needed, but I *really* hate Sentras. I will be back in two weeks, and if they are doing it the same way I will probably ask for a Wrangler.

Edit: I should also mention that I accidentally left my Bose headphones in the cargo area of that Infiniti when I dropped it off, and the National Lost & Found system actually worked. I had to pay 38 bucks to have them shipped back to me, but that was cheaper than buying something new to replace them.
$38? Do you live overseas?
Old Jun 6, 20, 12:34 am

$38? Do you live overseas?
pshhh. I wish.

No, that was to send them FedEx ground from Denver to Washington State. Still cheaper than buying them new, I guess.
Old Jun 8, 20, 3:52 am

pshhh. I wish.

No, that was to send them FedEx ground from Denver to Washington State. Still cheaper than buying them new, I guess.
Then they weren't charging you $38 for shipping...it would cost $10-$12.
Old Jun 8, 20, 3:29 pm

Then they weren't charging you $38 for shipping...it would cost $10-$12.
I am not sure that I understand your distinction. My headphones were in Denver. I paid them $38 and they showed up in a box at my house. I am pretty sure that they shipped them.

If you are suggesting that they charged me more than their direct cost for postage, that seems pretty obvious. If it were my company, I would expect to recover the cost of labor and materials for the packaging and shipping, wouldn't you? Don't get me wrong, I would have *loved* for them to offer to send them to. me for free, as a customer service gesture, but it's not like it was their fault that I left them sitting there in plain sight and walked away.

I did have the option of having them hold the headphones until I could pick them up, but I won't be back in Denver till next week and wanted to have them for a trip this week. I don't believe that there would have been a fee for that.
Old Jun 9, 20, 8:27 am

I am not sure that I understand your distinction. My headphones were in Denver. I paid them $38 and they showed up in a box at my house. I am pretty sure that they shipped them.

If you are suggesting that they charged me more than their direct cost for postage, that seems pretty obvious. If it were my company, I would expect to recover the cost of labor and materials for the packaging and shipping, wouldn't you? Don't get me wrong, I would have *loved* for them to offer to send them to. me for free, as a customer service gesture, but it's not like it was their fault that I left them sitting there in plain sight and walked away.

I did have the option of having them hold the headphones until I could pick them up, but I won't be back in Denver till next week and wanted to have them for a trip this week. I don't believe that there would have been a fee for that.
Yes, they charged you more than their actual cost. But it sounds like they told you the $38 was solely for shipping. That's what irritates me. They should be honest and call it a lost and found fee.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 9, 20, 11:27 am

Emerald Executive Aisle Recent Experience

Any recent post-covid pickup experiences with the emerald executive aisle? Have a 2 week rental booked and will be traveling into the mountains, so hope to get a full-size suv (would settle for a truck). I saw a few posts back that they are summoning everyone to the counter and issuing cars as the aisles have been empty.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: