Cars at DEN

Old Nov 22, 19, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA View Post
Maybe someone has past experience, but I'll be landing in DEN at 1230AM in mid-Jan for a weekend of skiing. I reserved EA, any idea what I can expect that time of year? I assume all of the SUVs will be accounted?
You should find plenty of 2-row SUVs with AWD. You may see larger ones, but if you absolutely need one, I wouldn't chance it.
Old Dec 17, 19, 9:41 am

Programs: National
Any update on cars on executive or executive elite aisles? Looking for 4 wheel or all wheel drive vehicle starting Christmas Eve. Thank you.
Old Dec 20, 19, 7:48 pm

Arrived yesterday early morning (12/19) around 8:00 a.m. and there were plenty of 4 wheel drive/all wheel drive vehicles in the exec area. Some pathfinders, an enclave, smaller SUVs like Rogue and Santa Fe. Some trucks and all wheel drive cars as well. Not sure what the stock will be like starting Christmas eve, but I was pleasantly surprised. Full rows all over.

Last edited by NachoAirline; Dec 20, 19 at 7:57 pm
Old Dec 20, 19, 9:54 pm

Programs: National
Originally Posted by NachoAirline View Post
Arrived yesterday early morning (12/19) around 8:00 a.m. and there were plenty of 4 wheel drive/all wheel drive vehicles in the exec area. Some pathfinders, an enclave, smaller SUVs like Rogue and Santa Fe. Some trucks and all wheel drive cars as well. Not sure what the stock will be like starting Christmas eve, but I was pleasantly surprised. Full rows all over.
thank you for the update. Hopefully the selection remains the same.
Old Jan 20, 20, 9:31 pm

First family 'flying' ski trip, to Keystone - 2 adults/2 kids, bringing 2 large snowboard bags and 4 suitcases. Have always used EA, but never with this much baggage + mountain considerations. Arriving next Tuesday 1/28 between noon-1; should EA have plenty ski friendly choices, or should I be booking something particular (any recs?) ASAP? Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 20, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by MattKJ View Post
First family 'flying' ski trip, to Keystone - 2 adults/2 kids, bringing 2 large snowboard bags and 4 suitcases. Have always used EA, but never with this much baggage + mountain considerations. Arriving next Tuesday 1/28 between noon-1; should EA have plenty ski friendly choices, or should I be booking something particular (any recs?) ASAP? Thanks!
On a Tuesday afternoon the number of available cars will be lower. You could do an aisle reservation under your name and an SUV/minivan reservation under your wife's name. Set both for 90 minutes ahead of when you actually arrive and then cancel the one you don't need.
Old Jan 21, 20, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Reserved a full size for this past weekend. Picked up around 1230AM on Saturday. The EE aisle had all Sentras and Altimas, so walked over to the full-size aisle which was empty. The midsize aisle had 3 BMW 3 series, 2 Volvo S90s and a single BMW 740i. We took the 740i which was quite a comfortable ride for the back and forth between Denver and Loveland for skiing.
Old Jan 27, 20, 3:57 pm

What is the best day/time to pick up from Emerald Aisle currently? I could pick up my weekly rental this Thursday or Friday any time. Just wondering if there is any day/time when I would have a better selection. Thanks
Old Feb 2, 20, 3:57 pm

How is car selection generally on a Saturday morning? I booked a luxury car (which says Cadillac XTS or similar) for mid June and it's an 11am pickup on Saturday. It's my first time renting with National, and I did sign up for the Emerald Club. Not sure what the luxury selection is like, I was debating switching to SilverCar since I'd for sure get an Audi. I'd be happy with a Cadillac as well, but don't want to get stuck with an Infiniti or base model BMW 3 series.
Old Feb 2, 20, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by mintclover View Post
How is car selection generally on a Saturday morning? I booked a luxury car (which says Cadillac XTS or similar) for mid June and it's an 11am pickup on Saturday. It's my first time renting with National, and I did sign up for the Emerald Club. Not sure what the luxury selection is like, I was debating switching to SilverCar since I'd for sure get an Audi. I'd be happy with a Cadillac as well, but don't want to get stuck with an Infiniti or base model BMW 3 series.
The 2020 BMW 330i is a very nice car, a much better "base model" than previous model years'.
mintclover likes this.
Old Feb 3, 20, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by xy31 View Post
What is the best day/time to pick up from Emerald Aisle currently? I could pick up my weekly rental this Thursday or Friday any time. Just wondering if there is any day/time when I would have a better selection. Thanks
I'd say Friday morning because of work week renters returning, but it's impossible to predict for certain.
Old Feb 4, 20, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco View Post
The 2020 BMW 330i is a very nice car, a much better "base model" than previous model years'.
Good point, I forgot they redesigned it for 2020. Do you know if it's part of the luxury fleet at DEN, or is it reserved for the premium elite category?
Old Feb 5, 20, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by mintclover View Post
Good point, I forgot they redesigned it for 2020. Do you know if it's part of the luxury fleet at DEN, or is it reserved for the premium elite category?
When I got one at IND it was listed as "Full Size Elite Car 4-Door/Automatic/Air" but was given it with a Luxury res.
mintclover likes this.
Old Feb 10, 20, 10:32 am

Programs: SWA
Use caution

Between this thread, my previous experience and talking to the National people on the 1800 number ahead of time, I flew to Denver last Wednesday night with my Emerald Executive card in hand feeling great I could just go walk out and pick up a nice SUV with AWD (huge snowstorm from Wed-Sat and my plan was to hit 3 different resorts). Got to the National Lot at about 10:30 PM. Nothing but cars, they said there were no SUVs at all, anything on the lot that was an SUV was already reserved. Couldn't talk my way into one. Luckily it was just me and 1 other person, and we found a single AWD Ford Fusion available. Without this, we would have had to chain up, or cancel and get a reservation somewhere else for who knows how much.

Short version: If you really need an SUV, pay the extra and reserve one. We were 1 car away from having to drive 600 miles in the Rockies in a 2wd car which would have been poopy.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 28, 20, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Friday 2/21 around 3pm, lots of variety in the Exec Aisle. Some notables:

GLA 250 4matic
Ford F150
Ram 1500
Ram 2500
Mini vans
Tahoe
Durango AWD (which I took with 700 miles)
Cherokee
Lots of sedans

Search this Thread
Search Engine: