Cars at DEN

Old Jun 20, 19, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, IHG Spire Amb., Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by edge View Post
Picked up a Grand Cherokee on Monday the 17th in the Executive lot. Only one in the lot. Lots of Trucks, a few vans, Altimas, Maximas, Pathfinders, Rogues, 1 Volkswagen SUV, a Toyota Tacoma TRD truck. There were a bunch of new Ford Edges. Also a good number of Dodge Challengers and Hyundai Suvs. In the upgrade section they had a couple of Infinites and wanted an extra $75 per day. No Mazda Suvs which I was looking for. As usual for a Monday morning the lot was packed.

Is it just me or does every customer get off the bus in the Executive lot?
Yes, this is the standard there. Most customers don't listen, so they get off there, then have to walk to the counter.
m907 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 19, 5:09 pm

Flying in 7/3 late

Anyone picking up cars today? Iím hoping emerald aisle has something with a large sun roof or open roof tomorrow night.
Old Jul 23, 19, 10:32 pm

Hi There,
We're flying into Denver on Monday the 29th for our Honeymoon. Flight lands at 8:30am Denver time. Trying to get an idea of the selection lately.
Emerald Club Elite Status.
Old Jul 23, 19, 11:00 pm

7/3 got a Tacoma 4x4. Had a few miles on it but drove great.
Old Aug 1, 19, 4:39 pm

I'm not usually much of a "Dodge guy", but when I noticed that the 2019 Charger GT sitting next to the Fusion I was about to take only had 4 miles on the odometer, I had to jump on it.

Nice enough car, averaged about 19mpg over the 3.5 days I had it. It had nice bolsters on the seats which made it pretty comfy. Not really much "GT" about it though - it's a 3900 pound car with a 300hp v6. There's not a lot that happens quickly....
Old Aug 7, 19, 11:53 am

I'm new to National, but signed up for EC. I was able to get a Full Size car through Autoslash for a little cheaper than the EA access through the National website. Is there any benefit to the Full Size reservation? Will I lose EA access?

Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 19, 8:28 am

If your reservation is linked to your EC account, you can pick from either the Full Size row or the EA row. EA guarantees you at least mid-size, but you might find something better on the EA than your Full Size res. YMMV
Old Aug 19, 19, 7:15 pm

Booked standard size SUV for 11am arrival on a Thursday going into a ski week. Any advice for this location booking as an EE? We are two with luggage and skis, so prefer AWD and a sportier option. Size is not particularly important as long as the skis fit. Any particular options to look out for? Appreciate any input.
Old Aug 20, 19, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by cmw021 View Post
Booked standard size SUV for 11am arrival on a Thursday going into a ski week. Any advice for this location booking as an EE? We are two with luggage and skis, so prefer AWD and a sportier option. Size is not particularly important as long as the skis fit. Any particular options to look out for? Appreciate any input.
Good news is that all the SUV's at DEN will be AWD at that time. I have had good luck with both Nissan Murano's and GMC Acadia's. I always try and get a Subaru Outback, but they are usually a base model with no options, which we are always thankful for Heated Seats and Remote start in Crested Butte when it is -21 in the mornings!

Don't expect an upgrade to a larger SUV (Tahoe, etc) as those are all reserved and spoken for during ski season.
dagangwood and Joonydell like this.
Old Sep 27, 19, 11:46 am

Any recent pick ups? Arriving at 7:15 AM Wednesday. I was the last post! Hoping someone will chime in. Booked a Lux and a Full Size Exec Elite just to make sure we get something nice for our Mountain wedding!
Old Sep 27, 19, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA
Yeah, i picked up there last night around 8:00 pm. emerald only had a few cars. Executive selection is huge - like, three rows. Mostly sedans, there was one or two jeeps, several Ford Flex. I picked up a sole Edge Titanium. Here's a pick the other rows were similar.

Old Sep 27, 19, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL KM, B6 Faux-saic, Bonvoy Gold, RHG Gold, Hilton Silver, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by khigbee View Post
Any recent pick ups? Arriving at 7:15 AM Wednesday. I was the last post! Hoping someone will chime in. Booked a Lux and a Full Size Exec Elite just to make sure we get something nice for our Mountain wedding!
If midsize is cheaper, I'd suggest downgrading your fullsize res to save the money since you'll still be able to take a car off the aisle anyway.

-J.
Old Sep 30, 19, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
If midsize is cheaper, I'd suggest downgrading your fullsize res to save the money since you'll still be able to take a car off the aisle anyway.

-J.
Full size and midsize are usually within a couple dollars for me.
Old Oct 28, 19, 9:40 am

I arrived Tuesday morning (10/15) at 9am ES was completely full and EA was mostly filled up. Glanced at EA and seemed to have a decent selection of midsize SUVs and sedans. Exec had a few Tahoes, several Suburbans, a good mix of midsize SUVs, full size sedans, and crossovers, and even a few Infiniti QX80s. I was looking for an Explorer but didn't see any. I snagged a brand new Infiniti QX60 with only 4 miles on it - some of the plastic wrap from shipping was still on the car. Almost grabbed the QX80 but wanted a bit better gas mileage.

When I returned it the following Tuesday at about 4pm both EA and ES were pretty empty.
Old Nov 22, 19, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Maybe someone has past experience, but I'll be landing in DEN at 1230AM in mid-Jan for a weekend of skiing. I reserved EA, any idea what I can expect that time of year? I assume all of the SUVs will be accounted?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: