Cars at DEN

Old Mar 29, 19, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, IHG Spire Amb., Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
Do you remember if you saw any minivans?
There are always LOADS of minivans at DEN from my experience. Occasionally that's all they have, but usually a nice variety.
linglingfool likes this.
Old Apr 24, 19, 11:52 pm

Great selection at DEN on a recent weekday morning They had just gotten a ton of brand new cars. Lots of cars on the lot with 3 or 4 miles on them.

2x Ford Expedition Max Limited
2x Ford Expedition XLT (cloth)
4x Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
1x Dodge Durango
1x Dodge Charger GT
Multiple Jeep Cherokee
Multiple Mazda CX-5
Multiple Ford Edge Titanium
Multiple Ford Explorer Limited

Plus an assortment of Hyundai/Kia SUVs and Dodge Grand Caravans. Very few sedans, only saw the Charger, Fusion Titanium, and an Impala.
Old May 8, 19, 2:00 pm

Thursday, May 2, around 11 am.

The Executive Aisle had a lot of minivans, a few huge pickup trucks, a mix of other vehicles, and one Suburban that was immediately snagged by another traveler coming off the same shuttle bus.

I was with a group of friends and our weekend plan was to drive around the Denver area, so we were looking for a large SUV (and had a minivan reservation as a backup).

After a quick walk up and down the aisle, I asked the National employee who had greeted the shuttle bus if any large SUVs were available. Without a moment's hesitation, and in a friendly manner, she pointed at the large SUV aisle, which was full of vehicles, and said, "Take your pick."

We ended up selecting an Expedition XLT Max because it was the biggest SUV available. We almost took a Cadillac Escalade, but it wasn't as big.
Old May 22, 19, 7:38 am

Any updates? I'm picking up 8am Saturday. TIA
Old May 22, 19, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tstad View Post
Any updates? I'm picking up 8am Saturday. TIA
That might be rough on a holiday weekend...
Old Jun 3, 19, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by jameswes View Post
That might be rough on a holiday weekend...
Pretty weak selection on 5/25 AM. Didn't look at EA, but ES was pick your color, brand, trim level pick-up truck. There were a few Altimas, Acadias, and a few other vanilla offerings, however pick-ups were at least 80% of the selection. I picked between an Explorer Sport and a brand new Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD. I would have taken the Explorer, but decided to take the Mazda due to the gas mileage as I ended up driving quite a bit. First time driving a CX-5 I was very impressed with the fit and finish and also the gas mileage. Averaged ~30mpg going through multiple mountain passes and drove a little over 1000 miles. It barely could fit 3 suitcases in the hatch area, but we made it work.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Jun 3, 19, 11:04 am

Pretty weak selection on 5/25 AM. Didn't look at EA, but ES was pick your color, brand, trim level pick-up truck. There were a few Altimas, Acadias, and a few other vanilla offerings, however pick-ups were at least 80% of the selection. I picked between an Explorer Sport and a brand new Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD. I would have taken the Explorer, but decided to take the Mazda due to the gas mileage as I ended up driving quite a bit. First time driving a CX-5 I was very impressed with the fit and finish and also the gas mileage. Averaged ~30mpg going through multiple mountain passes and drove a little over 1000 miles. It barely could fit 3 suitcases in the hatch area, but we made it work.
Thanks for the follow up report. I'll be out there in 2 weeks on a Sat morning and hopefully ES has a good mix of vehicles. And hopefully not a bunch of pickup trucks, lol
Old Jun 3, 19, 12:18 pm

Pretty weak selection on 5/25 AM. Didn't look at EA, but ES was pick your color, brand, trim level pick-up truck. There were a few Altimas, Acadias, and a few other vanilla offerings, however pick-ups were at least 80% of the selection. I picked between an Explorer Sport and a brand new Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD.
Are you sure it was an Explorer Sport? I've never seen one as a rental before.
Old Jun 3, 19, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by m907 View Post
I'm 100% sure. I've never seen one in the rental fleet either. I really wanted to try it, but since I was paying for gas as this was a personal trip, I decided against it.
ginmqi and m907 like this.
Old Jun 10, 19, 4:24 pm

The executive section was mostly trucks on 6 June around 3pm. 2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limiteds that we’re scooped up quickly. I settled for a Ram Rebel
Old Jun 10, 19, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by m907 View Post
I had a Explorer Sport over a year ago. Lucky me, that was first and only time I've seen one. That turbo V6 really hauls!
m907 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 19, 7:33 am

Wed and Thursday Pickup Days

Originally Posted by Gunterindiana View Post
The executive section was mostly trucks on 6 June around 3pm. 2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limiteds that we’re scooped up quickly. I settled for a Ram Rebel
Wed and Thursday are the the two tightest rental days, so they are often sold out or close to it if they are doing things correctly.
Old Jun 18, 19, 5:44 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by edge View Post
Wed and Thursday are the the two tightest rental days, so they are often sold out or close to it if they are doing things correctly.
Have a res for next month picking up on the 11th, and already saying sold out if I check rates when not signed in. Will be picking up around 730AM, so hopefully will have a decent selection. Sounds like a lot of trucks and SUV's. Wouldn't mind a sportier car, since it will just be me and the Mrs.
Old Jun 19, 19, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, IHG Spire Amb., Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by KevinMD View Post
Have a res for next month picking up on the 11th, and already saying sold out if I check rates when not signed in. Will be picking up around 730AM, so hopefully will have a decent selection. Sounds like a lot of trucks and SUV's. Wouldn't mind a sportier car, since it will just be me and the Mrs.
You should be able to find something like that. I've driven Dodge Chargers a number of times. A few times I've snagged a BMW 430i (in the regular EE aisle).
KevinMD likes this.
Old Jun 20, 19, 12:28 pm

Picked up a Grand Cherokee on Monday the 17th in the Executive lot. Only one in the lot. Lots of Trucks, a few vans, Altimas, Maximas, Pathfinders, Rogues, 1 Volkswagen SUV, a Toyota Tacoma TRD truck. There were a bunch of new Ford Edges. Also a good number of Dodge Challengers and Hyundai Suvs. In the upgrade section they had a couple of Infinites and wanted an extra $75 per day. No Mazda Suvs which I was looking for. As usual for a Monday morning the lot was packed.

Is it just me or does every customer get off the bus in the Executive lot?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: