Cars at DEN

Old Jan 22, 19, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by bullsfan1227 View Post
Anyone been through Denver this ski season?
I'm also curious about this. I'm picking up at the end of March for a trip to Breckenridge, and am hoping for something with AWD -- does anyone know whether I should be able to find something in ES (I'm EE) or whether I should book an SUV? I know my mileage may vary, just trying to get a general sense here. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 23, 19, 1:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, IHG Spire Amb., Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by juhlee View Post
I'm also curious about this. I'm picking up at the end of March for a trip to Breckenridge, and am hoping for something with AWD -- does anyone know whether I should be able to find something in ES (I'm EE) or whether I should book an SUV? I know my mileage may vary, just trying to get a general sense here. Thanks in advance!
I rented there weekly from August 2017-June 2018. Unless something has significantly changed, you should be just fine with the executive aisle. I never noticed a difference in selection between ski season and offseason. In fact, I can remember several weeks where I ended up with a Range Rover because it was available in the executive aisle. How's that for AWD?! Ha!
Old Jan 28, 19, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by rdh0924 View Post
I rented there weekly from August 2017-June 2018. Unless something has significantly changed, you should be just fine with the executive aisle. I never noticed a difference in selection between ski season and offseason. In fact, I can remember several weeks where I ended up with a Range Rover because it was available in the executive aisle. How's that for AWD?! Ha!
I'll be in Denver next week and I'm just concerned about the AWD availability. Am I over thinking this and worrying too much? Is the Executive Aisle usually stocked with AWD vehicles?
Old Jan 28, 19, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, IHG Spire Amb., Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by Chuck Finley View Post
I'll be in Denver next week and I'm just concerned about the AWD availability. Am I over thinking this and worrying too much? Is the Executive Aisle usually stocked with AWD vehicles?
I have never seen that be an issue. On very rare occasion the Executive Aisle was basically empty and we had to wait in line for the next car. The National employee would ask if you needed anything in particular, and I was always able to snag a Jeep Grand Cherokee or something comparable if I asked for it.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Jan 28, 19, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by rdh0924 View Post
I have never seen that be an issue. On very rare occasion the Executive Aisle was basically empty and we had to wait in line for the next car. The National employee would ask if you needed anything in particular, and I was always able to snag a Jeep Grand Cherokee or something comparable if I asked for it.
I picked up today at the tail end of their unexpected snow storm - grabbed a 2019 4 door Wrangler Sport with 4k on the odo. Easy peasy.

I will say that if you wanted a Challenger, today was the day. I saw 5 or 6 out there, getting passed over like the returns bin at Wal Mart.
Old Jan 29, 19, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
I picked up today at the tail end of their unexpected snow storm - grabbed a 2019 4 door Wrangler Sport with 4k on the odo. Easy peasy.

I will say that if you wanted a Challenger, today was the day. I saw 5 or 6 out there, getting passed over like the returns bin at Wal Mart.
Was there plenty of 4WD vehicles to choose from? I'm arriving around 0830 on a Wednesday so I'm hoping I'll have plenty to choose from.

I have a full-size reserved with Avis for $190 less than the National option. Last time I used Avis, reserved a full-size and got a GMC Terrain.

Last edited by Chuck Finley; Jan 29, 19 at 8:38 am
Old Feb 3, 19, 12:07 pm

Programs: US Airways
Rental Car Feb

Was there plenty of 4WD vehicles to choose from? I'm arriving around 0830 on a Wednesday so I'm hoping I'll have plenty to choose from.

I have a full-size reserved with Avis for $190 less than the National option. Last time I used Avis, reserved a full-size and got a GMC Terrain.

I am also curious how the availability of AWD cars was. Debating renting a 4WD on Turo, or sticking with national . I have Executive at National.

Also renting Mid week in Feb if that matters.
Old Feb 5, 19, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA MP, National EE, Marriott Gold, Avis First, WS Rewards
ES:
-Usual PCAR/FCAR line up
-Rogue Sport
-Explorer Limited 4WD (Mine, CO plates, 3k)
-just missed a Cherokee Trailhawk

EA:
-A couple Camry's, Altima's and a Fusion

Not sure if they had additional SUV's, I ended up just grabbing the first decent car I saw.
Old Feb 10, 19, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT
For those through DEN often during warmer months, is it typical to see minivans on the aisle?
Old Feb 12, 19, 8:18 am

2/7 at 11:30am

No 3-row SUVs in Executive. I talked to the agent a couple times (casually mentioned Exec Elite blah blah blah), and he told me everything bigger was reserved (which I don't necessarily believe, as availability to book them opened up a few days before our trip, but I don't think they were bringing them out). However, they were making a good effort to bring out AWD vehicles. I didn't need a 3-row SUV, but with luggage and skis I needed decent trunk space. The selection when I got off the bus was pretty underwhelming, and after waiting around for 15 min, I was just about to take the outback, when they pulled out a 2019 BMW X3 xdrive30i with 17k on the odometer, which I happily took.

ES notables:
(3) Base Rogue AWD
Base Subaru Outback AWD
Rogue Sport AWD
Small Infiniti (QX30?)
Minivan (looked like Grand Caravan)
Mustang (covered in snow)
linglingfool likes this.
Old Feb 19, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: US Airways
Not sure if anyone is at the airport, but I tried to move my reservation up to today at 8PM, and National told me they have no cars available.

Anyone been here recently? Seems weird that DEN National would have no cars.
Old Feb 19, 19, 10:27 am

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by soccermanu View Post
Not sure if anyone is at the airport, but I tried to move my reservation up to today at 8PM, and National told me they have no cars available.

Anyone been here recently? Seems weird that DEN National would have no cars.
Just keep your original time. National does not charge a penalty for early pick up in my experience.
Just keep in mind that you will need to return earlier to avoid extra charges (1 day = 24hr block). Example - you pick up at 3pm instead of 8pm, return at 3pm to avoid charges.
Old Mar 27, 19, 3:46 pm

Picked up Saturday, 3/23 at around 11am. ES was pretty underwhelming -- was looking for an AWD SUV, and ended up taking a Jeep Compass Trailhawk as it was the only SUV that had leather. Other options we were considering included a Ford Escape SE, another Jeep with Latitude trim, and some base Rogues. I recall seeing a bunch of Hyundai SUVs (I think they were Tuscons), four-door pickup trucks, and a RAV4.

I asked if I could take a Cadillac XT5 that was sitting in overflow and was directed to the upgrade options, which included an Infiniti QX35 and a BMW X3 (may have been an X1) for $20/day for EE ($30/day for others).

When I returned around the same time on Tuesday, 3/26, I'm pretty sure I spied a Pathfinder, Explorer, and Tahoe in ES.
linglingfool likes this.
Old Mar 27, 19, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by juhlee View Post
Picked up Saturday, 3/23 at around 11am. ES was pretty underwhelming -- was looking for an AWD SUV, and ended up taking a Jeep Compass Trailhawk as it was the only SUV that had leather. Other options we were considering included a Ford Escape SE, another Jeep with Latitude trim, and some base Rogues. I recall seeing a bunch of Hyundai SUVs (I think they were Tuscons), four-door pickup trucks, and a RAV4.

I asked if I could take a Cadillac XT5 that was sitting in overflow and was directed to the upgrade options, which included an Infiniti QX35 and a BMW X3 (may have been an X1) for $20/day for EE ($30/day for others).

When I returned around the same time on Tuesday, 3/26, I'm pretty sure I spied a Pathfinder, Explorer, and Tahoe in ES.
Do you remember if you saw any minivans?
Old Mar 28, 19, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
Do you remember if you saw any minivans?
Based on a photo my friend took from the lot, there was at least one Grand Caravan.
linglingfool likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: