Cars at DEN

Old Jun 9, 18, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Did an exchange today with a car from BOS around 5:30pm
​​​​
EE had the usual suspects. Notables included an XTS with 1800 miles, XT5 with 2500 miles, and eventually a Jaguar F-Pace SUV with 1800 miles. They realized the F-pace was on the wrong place when I didn't take it and put it by greeter booth.

Upgrade had a 740i, F-Pace, Q3, A6, and Mustang convert.

Office folks said 430i getting rolled out due to high mileage so won't see those for a while.

Update - no issues getting the exchange completed, though agents were surprised to see that the car came from Logan.

Last edited by kxc262; Jun 11, 18 at 12:17 am
Old Jun 18, 18, 9:57 pm

Arrived at around 4:30 on a Monday, Cars were tight as everyone outside of Budget and Avis were sold out. Executive had absolutely zero cars in it. Regular Emerald was heavy on Dodge mini vans and Journey's , and smaller Jeeps. The bus was packed and many of the renters made a mad dash for what I would consider nicer cars.

I waited for a minute and got a KIA SUV. I noticed another customer go to the booth and a few minutes later they pulled up a Ford Explorer for him.

The upgrade section had some nice cars and all were priced at $75 additional. Mercedes C class, BMW SUV, Audi SUV, and a new Lincoln Continental.

Of note at Denver they announce the first stop is for Executive Isle customers and the second is for regular Emerald Isle and Enterprise customers. 80% of the bus unloaded at the first stop. I did drive around the second Emerald Aisle section and that held a pretty large selection of sedans smaller SUV's and a few trucks.
Old Jul 23, 18, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT; HH DM; SPG Gold; National Exec
Any recent experiences?
Old Jul 23, 18, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by fletcherflyer View Post
Any recent experiences?
I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty much as expected - couple of Rogues, Altimas, Fusions, Edges, maybe a Camry or 3, some minivans, and one lonely Challenger (V6) that I took because it seemed to be the best of the worst.
Old Jul 24, 18, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by fletcherflyer View Post
Any recent experiences?
I didn't see it first hand, but a colleague got a Expedition MAX Limited that I drove while he was in town 2 weeks ago. Nice vehicle and I liked the drive.
Old Jul 28, 18, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT; HH DM; SPG Gold; National Exec
got to DEN on a Tuesday morning. Decent selection at ES with usual suspects (ie. Rogues, Equinoxes, a GMC Acadia, Santa Fes, Rav4, trucks, minivans, and all kinds of sedans from your favorite brand etc.) Notably there was a VW Atlas with 600 miles on it which I took, but was denied it due to my reservation being a one-way rental and the car being a AWD. Manager said this branch buys all their fleet vehicles and in the winter people only rent AWD cars so they don't allow any one-way rentals on AWD cars since they'll be gone to whatever the one-way destination is. In the end manager got me a Ford Explorer Limited 2WD with 12k miles on it. Fair enough. Great and friendly peeps here.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 3, 18, 11:42 am

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Was here last weekend and greeters parked high end cars on Exec aisle (wrong place)
XC90 parked/taken
740i parked (took this)
GL parked/taken
Went to the gate and we all had to do the backup of shame since they were supposed to go to PS and not exec...

Ended up with a XTS though. EE also had an XT5, but it was already taken by the time we parked the BMW back to the right place...
ginmqi likes this.
Old Oct 2, 18, 9:18 am

Programs: AA
Any recent reports on the regular EA aisle?
Old Oct 6, 18, 5:36 pm

Landed at Denver last Tuesday early morning (~1:30am). Both EA and EE were pretty boring and indistinguishable (Rouge Sports, Dodge Grand Caravans, and a few base pickups). Only notable difference was EE had an Infinity SUV and VW SUV. Ended up taking a minivan as I needed the storage.
Old Oct 6, 18, 6:03 pm

I landed at DEN today with an EE reservation. The lot was literally empty. Lucky for us after a few minutes a Volvo and Nissan Murano came in and we took the Murano. I never saw any rental place that empty. I couldn't believe it.
Old Oct 6, 18, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA
I arrived Thursday night around 9:30, both EA and EE were full, EA was boring, mostly Hyundais and Rogues. EE had a surprising number of Minivans. I did see an escape in the EA but someone already claimed it. The did have a lot in the premier selection line, mostly Audi SUVs and a volvo wagon.
Old Dec 13, 18, 2:07 pm

Does Denver often restrict you from reserving Full/Premium SUVs? I've checked every weekend in February and several in March and I didn't see these two SUV classes available as an option. Only Intermediate, Standard, and Premium Elite SUVs. Surely they can't all be sold out already?
Old Dec 13, 18, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by bullsfan1227 View Post
Does Denver often restrict you from reserving Full/Premium SUVs? I've checked every weekend in February and several in March and I didn't see these two SUV classes available as an option. Only Intermediate, Standard, and Premium Elite SUVs. Surely they can't all be sold out already?
They usually are sold out by Dec 1st. Ski season runs November until mid/end of April. Been going for 6 years and I always book in October..... You can sometimes call and get some help, but they are only allowed to rent 4X4's due to the weather, so the fleet is only so big.
Old Dec 14, 18, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by khigbee View Post
They usually are sold out by Dec 1st. Ski season runs November until mid/end of April. Been going for 6 years and I always book in October..... You can sometimes call and get some help, but they are only allowed to rent 4X4's due to the weather, so the fleet is only so big.
Interesting. When you say they are only allowed to rent 4x4s, are you referring to only Full/Premium SUVs or the entire fleet? What am I likely to find in the aisle during ski season?
Old Jan 22, 19, 11:49 am

Anyone been through Denver this ski season?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: