Cars at DEN

Old Jan 30, 18, 6:01 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Date: Thursday January 25, 2018
Time: 9pm
Booked: Midsize

Executive selection had several luxury vehicles from Infiniti, BMW, and Cadillac along with some SUV, truck, and minivan.

Ended up getting an AWD BMW 740i with 449 miles off the Executive aisle with no up charge.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Feb 12, 18, 7:17 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, BA, AA, Wyndham Rewards
Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018
Time: 12:15 AM
Booked: Midsize

Very little selection from Executive aisle. There were a total of 4 cars in the Executive aisle, including a Hyundai Sante Fe AWD, Jeep Wrangler 4 door, Nissan Armada, and a Toyota Sienna Minivan. That was it. Regular Emerald aisle had no SUV's (which we were looking for) but a fair amount of regular full size cars. Ended up going with the Sante Fe AWD for the combination of AWD and better mpg than the other options.
Old Feb 13, 18, 12:14 pm

Picked up at Denver on Wednesday, Feb. 7th, around 8:00pm. Had a full size SUV reservation as an Executive, so I didn't get a good look at the aisles. Looked to be mostly sedans and smaller SUVs. I also saw a few pickup trucks. I was offered a Tahoe or Expedition. I asked the agent if they had something bigger, perhaps a Suburban or Yukon XL, and was told that most of the premium SUVs were being held for reservation due to the X Games and ski season. As I was trying to figure out how to fit 5 adults, 1 baby, and a bunch of luggage in the Expedition, I asked if the agent could check if they had a Suburban available for upcharge. He came back a few minutes later with a 2017 Suburban Premier with 31,500 miles on it. He told me it was over mileage and he would have to take a hit on for giving it to me, but I could have it without an upcharge if I wanted it. He told me he didn't want to keep us waiting outside trying to fit everything with a baby. I happily accepted and thanked him. The tires were a bit worn but acceptable, and it could have used new wiper blades, but otherwise, we did not have a problem with it.
Old Feb 13, 18, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by bullsfan1227 View Post
The tires were a bit worn but acceptable, and it could have used new wiper blades, but otherwise, we did not have a problem with it.
That's slightly worrisome especially for a location in the winter time. Glad you had no issues though. Tires is crucial to safe winter driving.
Old Feb 13, 18, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
That's slightly worrisome especially for a location in the winter time. Glad you had no issues though. Tires is crucial to safe winter driving.
I agree. They certainly weren't bald, but probably had about one third of their original tread left (I'd guess 5 or 6 32nds). I turned on 4WD driving in the snow one day and did not feel uncomfortable.
Old Feb 14, 18, 9:15 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
2/14/2018 around 11:45am

Executive selection had pick your Hyundai cars and SUV's. Full size trucks, a Yukon XL, minivans and a couple of Camaros. Chose a BMW 430c on the back row with 15000 miles.

Exchanging it tonight though as the power outlet doesn't work and there is a terrible rattle coming from convertible lid area even when everything is locked.
Old Feb 15, 18, 2:07 am

Returned around 10pm.

Executive Selection had Camrys, Maxima's, Sonatas, tons of full size trucks, Rav 4, Tucsons, Santa Fes, Malibu's, impalas, mustang convertible, Altimas, and a fusion.

2 brand new Mazdas with under 5 miles an fx-3 and a cx-5 but the entertainment section wouldn't work in either one to turn on the radio.

Ended up taking an 18 Murano awd with 449 miles.
Old Feb 15, 18, 8:38 am

Programs: Free Agent
mispost
Old Mar 29, 18, 9:24 am

Any Recent Updates? Heading in Next Wednesday? Emerald Executive
Old May 7, 18, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Bump - any updates? picking up this Friday
Old May 12, 18, 9:27 am

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Picked up last night around 10:30pm.

Pretty standard EE selections with Hyundai SUVs and Impalas.

Notables include a Q50. I sat around and they eventually borught out a QX80 and a Jaguar F-Typr SUV with 13 miles.

They pulled off cars to hold for reservations then dumped the luxury stuff onto the aisles.

Upgrades included an A6, Evoque, 2x Q7s, and a GLE.
linglingfool likes this.
Old May 13, 18, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by kxc262 View Post
Notables include a Q50. I sat around and they eventually borught out a QX80 and a Jaguar F-Typr SUV with 13 miles.

They pulled off cars to hold for reservations then dumped the luxury stuff onto the aisles.
How long did you have to wait before they brought them out?
Old May 14, 18, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
How long did you have to wait before they brought them out?
It was about 30 mins. The reserved area was full so they started to dump the cars to Exec.
Old Jun 3, 18, 3:55 pm

June 3 cars

Flew into DEN on Wednesday, late afternoon Executive aisles almost empty. Few Altimas, Rogues, Hyundai’s. Asked about a brand new 2018 VW Atlas SE V6 with 500 miles on it parked over in the Premium upgrade area. He said someone parked it there by mistake and let me take it. I’m EE.

Flying out Sun afternoon, Executive aisles were packed with lots of nice Infiniti’s and Volvo’s.
Old Jun 4, 18, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Picked up a week ago Friday afternoon heading into the holiday weekend, more or less the usual sedan suspects on the well-stocked Executive rows -- nothing European except for a Q7 in the upgrade area. Wound up in a 2018 Challenger with 3500 miles and Nebraska plates as an EE.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: