Cars at DEN

Old Aug 22, 17, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Well stopping in my home town to pick up something from the exec selection. I love how DEN is such a good location. Put's places like SLC to shame with their "counter" service and their constant give you a piece of crap to sell you what you rented....
Old Aug 22, 17, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Silver Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, HH Diamond, EENational, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
Well stopping in my home town to pick up something from the exec selection. I love how DEN is such a good location. Put's places like SLC to shame with their "counter" service and their constant give you a piece of crap to sell you what you rented....
I am ORD based and I love coming to DEN as they always have a great selection and always let me take premium vehicles at the exec aisle rate. Unfortunately no work trips scheduled here in the foreseeable future 😢
Old Aug 28, 17, 2:59 pm

Arriving 8/31 at 9:00AM

Anyone know what I should expect to receive on 8/31 at 9am. I looked through the thread and the mix of cars changes often.

I am executive. Would love a Tahoe or something similar.
Old Aug 29, 17, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Randy Narkir View Post
Anyone know what I should expect to receive on 8/31 at 9am. I looked through the thread and the mix of cars changes often.

I am executive. Would love a Tahoe or something similar.
Couple weeks ago we arrived on a Wednesday mid-day, got a 2017 Acadia - there were a couple mid-sized SUVs in EA. The Tahoes/Suburbans were "reserved"
Old Sep 1, 17, 3:55 pm

I just got back from a week in Denver. Used executive club selection aisle and got a BWM 430i convertible. For the price of a midsize. For a nine day vacation in the mountains.

Really made my week, that was a nice car.
Old Sep 29, 17, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Cheesemaster200 View Post
I just got back from a week in Denver. Used executive club selection aisle and got a BWM 430i convertible. For the price of a midsize. For a nine day vacation in the mountains.

Really made my week, that was a nice car.
^Got this 430i as well. It's an AWD. Very nice car!

I arrived at this facility on Saturday 9/23 around 1PM. Both Executive and Emerald Aisle were almost empty (something going on in Denver?). In Executive:

Infiniti QX80
BMW 430i
BMW 228i or 230i
Buick LaCross
Ford Fusion SE Hybrid
RAM 1500

There's a Q3 parked in Premier Selection.

The only thing caught my eyes in Emerald was a new Toyota Camry. Heard it's a very good car.
Old Oct 17, 17, 1:29 pm

10/11

Arrived 10/11 around 9am.

Executive was full of vans, camaros and sedans. I had 2 reservations so grabbed 1 van and then had to ask the attendant on a larger SUV since I had a group of 7. He was accommodating after he confirmed I was truly an executive. Got told I could take a Ford Expedition, picked a limited with over 36K miles on it.

EE-
Vans
Midsize sedans.

When I returned on 10/16 around 3pm executive was full of
Chevy Tahoe
Camaro
Midsize SUV
Sedan
Old Oct 17, 17, 2:36 pm

Wow, good to see DEN has some actually nice cars in the EC aisle. I may be doing another long-term rental in DEN next year so this gives me some hopes. Of course with that I may also try out Hertz potentially.....heh.....
Old Oct 27, 17, 9:36 pm

DEN is by far the best National location in my opinion. I am typically in town every 3 weeks for a weekend rental, while visiting the wife and have never been disappointed with the ES selection. That said, some nights are better than others and usually the later in the evening the better.

My Best Rental Story: Browsing through the ES @ DEN one Friday night and one of the agents walked up to me and asked if I needed help. I remarked that I was looking for something different and without hesitation was offered the Audi A8 or BMW 7 series sitting by the counter. Drove away with the A8 that night @ mid-size rate with the biggest smile on my face that entire weekend.

Same agent over the next few visits offered and I accepted Lincoln continental, BMW 428i and Cadillac XTS. Unfortunately haven't been able to see that agent around the last couple of visits.

Got my hands on a 2018 Q70 with 4 miles on the clock, just last weekend on ES!
ginmqi likes this.

Last edited by slyman103; Oct 27, 17 at 9:50 pm
Old Dec 13, 17, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL WFBF, National Emerald Club, Global Entry, CSR, IHG Gold
EC was well stocked (I saw the 430i convertible!) with everything except big SUVs (pickups were available). The lot manager rushed two standard SUVs out of the wash for customers who wanted them. I had a big group and was told big SUVs (Tahoe/Expedition size) were strictly being held for reservations. He sent someone "to the back" who found a very nice Chrysler Pacifica minivan. I do not normally seek a minivan but in this case it did the trick with a group of 8.

I was very pleased with the service-- great location.
Old Jan 1, 18, 9:55 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Will be there next week, and was checking out the selection, and was surprised to see quite a section that was reservable. Luxury, pickups, premium elite SUV ( BMW X3), and convertibles are all reservable. Can't imagine that many people would want a convertible in January in Denver that National would stock enough for it to be reseervable.
Old Jan 5, 18, 10:07 pm

Was in Denver for Christmas and New Year. EC was overflowed with sedans (all SUVs are in reservation only and not in EC during holidays). Need an AWD for some snowy condition and lucky enough to find a 430i Xdrive in the corner. EC had all kind of Dodge Charger, Challenger, Fusion hybrid SE, and Camero.
Old Jan 10, 18, 6:53 am

I only have access EA - but was looking at reserving an SUV for an upcoming ski trip (landing 1/25 11am) heading to Vail. Would like something AWD - of the standard SUV, Midsize SUV. and Van - which would be the best chance to getting something with AWD? Truck won't be enough to carry 4 people + bags inside.

Someone mentioned a GMC acadia - does this typically fall under the Midsize SUV category?
Old Jan 10, 18, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Dracord View Post
Someone mentioned a GMC acadia - does this typically fall under the Midsize SUV category?
Acadia is a standard SUV. Midsize SUV's are Rogue, Escape, RAV4, Tucson, Sportage, etc
Old Jan 10, 18, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
What does a luxury get here? Going to be in town around May, and I am wondering if I should book ES or a luxury.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: