Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at DEN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by oakdruid
Did you see what was in the executive section? Anyone else been to DEN lately?
sorry, did not .. Executive had a separate shuttle stop so didn't even see it. First stop was executive ,second was aisle, National and Enterprise
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:32 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by PlateMan
sorry, did not .. Executive had a separate shuttle stop so didn't even see it. First stop was executive ,second was aisle, National and Enterprise
The Executive section starts (or ends) right behind the nearest row of Emerald, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure it's any further to walk from the Executive stop or it's just to prevent confusion with grabbing from the wrong aisle.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: National, Marriott, IHG, Delta, AA
I am flying into Denver on July 4 for a week's vacation in Rockies and Yellowstone. Can I expect any large SUVs in Executive aisle at that time? I am an Elite member and never had any issues at Detroit which is where I fly frequently to in picking up Tahoes and Suburbans there. I am hearing Denver is different. First time renting at Denver. Thanks for any feedback.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
So as a (new) EC Executive Elite did I miss a special area I was supposed to pick a car out from? There was a huge area (I can't remember what it was called but it was probably 6-8 rows) but when I asked the guy there if there was a place where Executive Elite go he said to pick it out from there. Isn't there supposed to be a better pick for Executive Elite vs regular Executive? If so what is that called and what should I be looking for (anywhere, not just DEN).

Anyway, as for a cars report. There were a ton of cars to choose from on a Friday at noon to include pickups and smaller SUVs. If you wanted an SUV you just had to wait as they were constantly showing up freshly washed. We ended up with a tired Ford Escape SE (we needed the room). I was hoping for a mid-size/bigger SUV like an Explorer, etc. Is this something I should expect at a big location as a EE?

Last edited by trekwars2000; Jul 10, 2016 at 10:24 am
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trekwars2000
So as a (new) EC Executive Elite did I miss a special area I was supposed to pick a car out from? There was a huge area (I can't remember what it was called but it was probably 6-8 rows) but when I asked the guy there if there was a place where Executive Elite go he said to pick it out from there. Isn't there supposed to be a better pick for Executive Elite vs regular Executive? If so what is that called and what should I be looking for (anywhere, not just DEN).

Anyway, as for a cars report. There were a ton of cars to choose from on a Friday at noon to include pickups and smaller SUVs. If you wanted an SUV you just had to wait as they were constantly showing up freshly washed. We ended up with a tired Ford Escape SE (we needed the room). I was hoping for a mid-size/bigger SUV like an Explorer, etc. Is this something I should expect at a big location as a EE?
Executive Elites don't have any privilege over Executives in regards to car selection. there are other (few) benefits for Elites like faster earning free days, use of free days for (almost) any car class etc.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I tried to get information for a cars report, but it would have taken me forever.

I showed up on the evening of Labor Day, and the place was just packed to the gills with cars. There were the 6-8 rows of Executive cars, with SUVs, minivans, any sort of vehicle you want (short of luxury) was there. I was looking for a 4x4 to go into the central mountains, so took a nice 4 Runner.

In addition to that, there were cars just piled up - parked front to back filling up the parking lots, hundreds of them.

This may be an anomaly (they probably had to be stocked for the labor day weekend, then at the end all of those cars were returned), but I was happy to see all of the selection available.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:38 am

Denver Executive Aisle Car Selections

I arrived on Thursday night during the Great American Beer Festival. Approximately half the spaces were full of the following cars: Nissan Rogue, Kia Sportage, Kia Sedona, Dodge Journey, Hyundai Santa Fe, a few pickups with four doors (sorry I can't remember the types), and Ford Escape. There was also a two-door Wrangler available and some standard full-size Altimas.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:11 pm

11/10/16 Availability

Again rented from DEN on a Thursday night (~10pm). This time there were only 2 cars in the whole Executive section - a nondescript minivan and a bright red 4-door Wrangler. I was hoping for the Wrangler, so I snagged that, and it ended up working out quite well.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:36 am

So I'm arriving on a ski trip for late Feb/Early March. I'm EC Executive and have a SUV reserved, but have been reading about the mid size upgrade with backup strategy.

Would it be worth it to book another res for the mid and keep the SUV as a backup to save $100 ine res difference or is it just a lot of cancelling/adding for a 0% chance. Is there a specific reason all keep saying 90 minutes for the backup res? Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: Free Agent
Just finishing up a 4 day rental at DEN.
Rented the midsize. Im EC executive. Arrived on a friday about 1pm
The Executive section was well stocked with cars, lots of choice if you want a car.

I was skiing and headed up to Frisco. Needed some room. Biggest available was a Nissan Rogue (with AWD) or Ford Escape. I took the Rogue, surprisingly handled really well in the snow and made the trip up no problem.

There was only two of us so we were able to get by with the vehicle fine. If you had 3+ people it would be a tight fit with ski gear.

PS. In the past i have seen Dodge trucks there but no such luck this time.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 6:49 am

Any updates? Flying into Denver with Executive Club 1/21 at noon and hoping to snag something that's a good size to get to Vail.

I also have a full size SUV booked with Avis (much better price, non pre paid). I don't rent cars very often. From the research I've done, it seems like I'd be able to check out the Executive Club aisle and see if there's anything that'll work. If not, cancel/no show and jog over to Avis to pick up the SUV. Any thoughts? Will National charge me some kind of no show/cancellation fee?

EDIT: both companies do have my CC on file through member programs, but they are not prepaid reservations. Not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by dkcook121; Jan 11, 2017 at 7:03 am
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by dkcook121
Any updates? Flying into Denver with Executive Club 1/21 at noon and hoping to snag something that's a good size to get to Vail.

I also have a full size SUV booked with Avis (much better price, non pre paid). I don't rent cars very often. From the research I've done, it seems like I'd be able to check out the Executive Club aisle and see if there's anything that'll work. If not, cancel/no show and jog over to Avis to pick up the SUV. Any thoughts? Will National charge me some kind of no show/cancellation fee?

EDIT: both companies do have my CC on file through member programs, but they are not prepaid reservations. Not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help!

Technically they have a policy where you need to cancel within 24 hours I believe or else a $50 dollar charge will happen. Same with a no show. For national. Will they charge you or not is a different story.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:12 am

Thanks for the heads up! I called National this morning (actually I called National first, and they said they didn't have a charge for no shows, but Emerald club may have something different and to call them) and they said for my specific reservation there was no cancellation or no show charge. Seems like it's a pretty grey area as I know I've read of others getting hit with a charge.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:37 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Closingracer
Technically they have a policy where you need to cancel within 24 hours I believe or else a $50 dollar charge will happen. Same with a no show. For national. Will they charge you or not is a different story.
Please do not spread unconfirmed rumors as fact. There is no official "no-show" policy at this time (even in most recent T+C's released a couple of weeks ago) other than some sporadic reports from a handful of Flyertalkers with unique situations.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Please do not spread unconfirmed rumors as fact. There is no official "no-show" policy at this time (even in most recent T+C's released a couple of weeks ago) other than some sporadic reports from a handful of Flyertalkers with unique situations.
I read somewhere in there that there is and even before the recent one they stated there was a cancellation policy where you could be charged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.